Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet
I made no judgement, I'm merely noting that he's the stereotype. Zero exposure to the real world, affluent upbringing, wanting to educate the rest of us to fit his narrow view of the world. This issue is just his soap box, if not this I'm sure he'd have found something else to exercise his activism on.
|
Friend of my sister's is a little like that..
Bought up by fairly affluent middle class parents. Good school. Uni (although not Oxbridge). Decided he was thoroughly socialist through and through (to the point where he repeatedly said capitalism was evil). Left Uni, got a job as an Investment banker and all of a sudden, thinks nothing of spending £100s on an evening meal for two, or £10,000 (which, incidentally, was his quarterly bonus) on refitting his bathroom despite the fact that the original suite is less than 12 months old.
Hypocrite? Yep, I think so.
Note: While I personally don't think I would spend money like that even if I had it, it is his right to spend money how he sees fit. What irritates me is the amount of anti capitalist rhetoric he used to spout.