[Updated] Allied Forces taking Immediate military action in Libya
21-02-2011, 21:12
|
#1
|
|
Remoaner
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33,025
|
[Updated] Allied Forces taking Immediate military action in Libya
Tunisia.
Egypt.
Libya?...
The people of Turkey and Egypt have overthrown their leaders and protests continue across the middle east. Now the focus turns to Libya and their leader, Muammar Gaddafi. The protests haven't let up, and the army has been killing them, quite a lot of them. There are even reports that bombers have been ordered to bomb their own citizens. Two of them have defected and their own ambassadors have disowned the regime and called their actions genocide!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...st-yet-gaddafi
Will he be gone? As I write the story develops and we await a speech from the man himself which will give a indication of what will happen next. It's scary.
So hard to keep track of this, these stories develop so fast.
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 21:18
|
#2
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
re: [Update] UN mandates military intervention in Libya
apparently he's gone just been on news at ten
|
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 21:23
|
#3
|
|
Remoaner
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33,025
|
re: [Update] UN mandates military intervention in Libya
You sure? Nothing yet on Sky or any of the live coverage?
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 21:23
|
#4
|
|
common as muck
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dirty Old Town
Posts: 3,564
|
re: [Update] UN mandates military intervention in Libya
People power.
__________________
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 21:28
|
#5
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,324
|
re: [Update] UN mandates military intervention in Libya
I wonder what would happen if this kind of thing were to happen here? obviously there wouldn't be an order to kill the people involved. but would Cameron just step down?
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 21:29
|
#6
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
re: [Update] UN mandates military intervention in Libya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
You sure? Nothing yet on Sky or any of the live coverage?
|
I heard on the itv news at ten ,don't know if it's true but he is expected to make a statement "imminently" (sky news)
|
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 21:33
|
#7
|
|
Remoaner
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33,025
|
re: [Update] UN mandates military intervention in Libya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L
I wonder what would happen if this kind of thing were to happen here? obviously there wouldn't be an order to kill the people involved. but would Cameron just step down?
|
Ask the Queen to dissolve parliament, in some of acid I imagine, and call an election in order to form a new government. If he didn't the MP's could call a vote of no confidence in the government, which I believe, would lead to the same scenario. Benefits of living in a democracy
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 21:36
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hove
Age: 51
Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Posts: 1,287
|
re: [Update] UN mandates military intervention in Libya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
Turkey.
Egypt.
Libya?...
snip
|
surely you mean Tunisia?
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 21:39
|
#9
|
|
Remoaner
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33,025
|
re: [Update] UN mandates military intervention in Libya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st
surely you mean Tunisia? 
|
GAH! Corrected  Cheers
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 21:40
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 16,760
|
re: [Update] UN mandates military intervention in Libya
Don't forget Bahrain!
Anyway. Libya? But I thought the good Colonel was meant to be a jolly nice fellow now, after young Mr Blair rehabilitated him?
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 21:41
|
#11
|
|
common as muck
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dirty Old Town
Posts: 3,564
|
re: [Update] UN mandates military intervention in Libya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary L
I wonder what would happen if this kind of thing were to happen here? obviously there wouldn't be an order to kill the people involved. but would Cameron just step down?
|
I've no idea Gary, it would take a hell of a lot to get the people of this country mad enough to mass protest... They would at least have to scrap Corronation Street and the rest of the soaps, and also take away the sports channels.
__________________
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 21:45
|
#12
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,324
|
re: [Update] UN mandates military intervention in Libya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
Ask the Queen to dissolve parliament, in some of acid I imagine, and call an election in order to form a new government. If he didn't the MP's could call a vote of no confidence in the government, which I believe, would lead to the same scenario. Benefits of living in a democracy 
|
I think there's a possibility that it may happen here
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 21:46
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hove
Age: 51
Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Posts: 1,287
|
re: [Update] UN mandates military intervention in Libya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
GAH! Corrected  Cheers
|
no worries!
Who woulda thought 2011 would be as turbulent as this?
@Gary: well,I guess Cameron would step down,or have the army sort us out 
seriously though,I think our dear leaders should be worried,with the middle-east so vital to our energy needs.
Also there does seem to be growing discontent in the west too,but I think we are still too full and satisfied to rise up..
I mean,with the amount of pasta I had earlier don't expect any help from me!
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 21:46
|
#14
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 16,324
|
re: [Update] UN mandates military intervention in Libya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product 13
I've no idea Gary, it would take a hell of a lot to get the people of this country mad enough to mass protest... They would at least have to scrap Corronation Street and the rest of the soaps, and also take away the sports channels. 
|
Students. they'll do it. they've got the idea from the news
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 21:46
|
#15
|
|
Remoaner
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33,025
|
re: [Update] UN mandates military intervention in Libya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D
Don't forget Bahrain!
Anyway. Libya? But I thought the good Colonel was meant to be a jolly nice fellow now, after young Mr Blair rehabilitated him?
|
I wish the middle easterners would overthrow the leaders we don't have relationships with! Most inconvenant!
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 16:50.
|