Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
16-02-2011, 13:22
|
#46
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tonbridge
Services: VIP50
Posts: 70
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Virgin have closed this issue as fixed now, though I only found out through another thread on the community forum because they didn't update mine... It is definitely not fixed for me, no improvement at all.
Anything changed for you Sugar Kane?
|
|
|
17-02-2011, 08:46
|
#47
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
It has only just been sorted on mine, check your service today. It should not have taken almost a month though, it's just not good enough. This content will have vanished soon, new content will be uploaded and I dare say, we could have the same issue all over again.
|
|
|
17-02-2011, 11:45
|
#48
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tonbridge
Services: VIP50
Posts: 70
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
It's still broken here
Tried turning both boxes off and on again at the wall and still none of the missing content. To make it worse I seem to be missing most new stuff that gets added too. I'm getting very frustrated that Virgin seem to have stopped responding to my thread.
|
|
|
20-02-2011, 09:53
|
#49
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearWinter
It's still broken here
Tried turning both boxes off and on again at the wall and still none of the missing content. To make it worse I seem to be missing most new stuff that gets added too. I'm getting very frustrated that Virgin seem to have stopped responding to my thread.
|
Keep bumping it NW, keep calling and generally annoy the hell out of them to get it fixed. You are a new customer right? Tell them that you will cancel your contract on the grounds that they are not providing you with the service you are paying for, and whilst you are at it, let them know what poor customer service you have been getting. It is unacceptable!
|
|
|
20-02-2011, 10:16
|
#50
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Services: VM XL TV with V+HD, VM XL BB, VM M Telephone
Posts: 9
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Seeing lots of familiar people here! Anyway for people that haven't seen my posts in the Virgin Media Sofa forums I too have lots of missing content.
|
|
|
20-02-2011, 11:50
|
#51
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartMart
Seeing lots of familiar people here! Anyway for people that haven't seen my posts in the Virgin Media Sofa forums I too have lots of missing content.
|
A lot of VM employees post here, Digital Fanatic is particularly helpful. You just need to complain constantly until it is fixed, it worked for me! 
---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartMart
Seeing lots of familiar people here! Anyway for people that haven't seen my posts in the Virgin Media Sofa forums I too have lots of missing content.
|
Mart Mart, if you have the same fault as us, you should be able to access the "missing" content by choosing the search option and manually typing in the name of the show you want to watch. The content is there, it's just hidden. Hope that helps.
|
|
|
20-02-2011, 13:32
|
#52
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tonbridge
Services: VIP50
Posts: 70
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Kane
Keep bumping it NW, keep calling and generally annoy the hell out of them to get it fixed. You are a new customer right? Tell them that you will cancel your contract on the grounds that they are not providing you with the service you are paying for, and whilst you are at it, let them know what poor customer service you have been getting. It is unacceptable! 
|
I'm giving it another week and then I'll be contacting the CEO's office and pointing out my cancellation window is about to end and I need this fixed if I'm to remain a customer.
|
|
|
20-02-2011, 15:25
|
#53
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Services: VM XL TV with V+HD, VM XL BB, VM M Telephone
Posts: 9
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Yeah I have been finding shows by searching for it, found 30 Rock that way. But how do I know what to search for if I don't know what is available? For all I know I am missing out on classic episodes of Noel's House Party, Rosie & Jim, Dinnerladies and Gladiators, but unless I physically search for every show I can think of, I don't know if it is missing because Virgin Media's system is not working, or they just don't appreciate the quality of the areformentioned shows.
They don't have to bother with American rubbish like Roseanne, Home Improvement and Ally McBeal though, just the classic British shows like Ab Fab and The Brittas Empire.
Sorry getting carried away with 90s TV!!!
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 15:36
|
#54
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Services: VM XL TV with V+HD, VM XL BB, VM M Telephone
Posts: 9
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
All working for me now. Someone phoned up to ask if it was working whilst at work but now I am back home I have checked the channels and the A-Z and the programmes are listed in both places.
|
|
|
21-02-2011, 16:44
|
#55
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tonbridge
Services: VIP50
Posts: 70
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
I got the same phone call.
However it's only partially fixed. Some shows are back but not others... Still no Planet Earth or Dr Who on BBC for example.
|
|
|
22-02-2011, 18:54
|
#56
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearWinter
I got the same phone call.
However it's only partially fixed. Some shows are back but not others... Still no Planet Earth or Dr Who on BBC for example.
|
Keep harrassing them, you're still within your option to cancel window NW!
|
|
|
22-02-2011, 19:00
|
#57
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tonbridge
Services: VIP50
Posts: 70
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Kane
Keep harrassing them, you're still within your option to cancel window NW! 
|
Will do! Can you confirm that you have Planet Earth and Dr Who in your BBC folder?
I'd be especially interested if MartMart has these programmes as we're on the same headend.
|
|
|
15-03-2011, 09:54
|
#58
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
A new month, and a new load of missing content! Oh, the rewards of being a VM customer! I don't intent to spend the rest of my life reporting faults, so I am going to start looking at other providers. This is beyond a joke.
|
|
|
15-03-2011, 10:42
|
#59
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tonbridge
Services: VIP50
Posts: 70
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Yup, 88 replies to my thread on the community forum now. Plenty of people reporting the same content missing and it still isn't fixed. I don't think Virgin even known what the problem is.
|
|
|
15-03-2011, 16:47
|
#60
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearWinter
I don't think Virgin even known what the problem is.
|
We are seven weeks in. Unless they have been doing absolutely nothing about it, I would expect some kind of answer by now. If they can't work out what the problem is, they can discount our bills instead because we are still not getting the content we are paying for. I am sick and tired of this. The longer I have been with Virgin, the worse the service has become.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:08.
|