Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
06-02-2011, 11:43
|
#31
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tonbridge
Services: VIP50
Posts: 70
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Well, you aren't alone anymore Sugar Kane. Looks like I have the same problem with missing content. I'm betting that others out there have the same problem and just haven't noticed.
I'm certain the problem is on Virgin's end as both my boxes have the same content missing. So I very much doubt replacing them would do anything.
|
|
|
06-02-2011, 13:03
|
#32
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearWinter
Well, you aren't alone anymore Sugar Kane. Looks like I have the same problem with missing content. I'm betting that others out there have the same problem and just haven't noticed.
I'm certain the problem is on Virgin's end as both my boxes have the same content missing. So I very much doubt replacing them would do anything.
|
Which means they will have to do something now then, thanks for the info.  I am hoping that since so much maintenance is going on today, this problem should be sorted out soon. If it isn't, I will be asking for a refund for the shows I have missed whilst this has been going on!
---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------
Head. Brick wall. I have reported this three times to three different people at VM and each time I am having to explain the situation from the beginning, which indicates that no-one communicates at VM, and the problem is no closer to being sorted.
|
|
|
06-02-2011, 19:11
|
#33
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
REVELATION!!!!!
The aforementioned shows are still listed absolutely nowhere on my service, but now if you type the name of the show in on the search option on tv choice, the episode list appears and you can watch the program. Still, the listing issue needs to be sorted out by Virgin Media, but at least I can get on and watch them now.
|
|
|
06-02-2011, 21:38
|
#34
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Kane
REVELATION!!!!!
The aforementioned shows are still listed absolutely nowhere on my service, but now if you type the name of the show in on the search option on tv choice, the episode list appears and you can watch the program. Still, the listing issue needs to be sorted out by Virgin Media, but at least I can get on and watch them now. 
|
Fantastic... so it sounds like a fault with the folder. This makes sense as VoD desk would still see the content being available to you.
I see you've updated your thread on our Forum too.
|
|
|
07-02-2011, 00:53
|
#35
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tonbridge
Services: VIP50
Posts: 70
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Kane
REVELATION!!!!!
The aforementioned shows are still listed absolutely nowhere on my service, but now if you type the name of the show in on the search option on tv choice, the episode list appears and you can watch the program. Still, the listing issue needs to be sorted out by Virgin Media, but at least I can get on and watch them now. 
|
Confirmed! This works for me too. Thank you!
It's a bit of a pain though. Do you happen to know if this will be an easy fix Digital Fanatic?
|
|
|
07-02-2011, 06:40
|
#36
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 211
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearWinter
I'm in Tonbridge, area reference 018.
|
You are off Basildon RHE will take a look
|
|
|
07-02-2011, 09:06
|
#37
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearWinter
Confirmed! This works for me too. Thank you!
It's a bit of a pain though. Do you happen to know if this will be an easy fix Digital Fanatic?
|
Should be. Update your threads (on VM community forum) with this info and a ticket can be raised for the folders being faulty.
|
|
|
10-02-2011, 18:23
|
#38
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Still nothing done about the folders as of yet. But I had some courtesy call from a foreign call centre basically saying, we don't know what the fault is, but it will be corrected soon. Yeah, cheers for that!
|
|
|
10-02-2011, 19:53
|
#39
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tonbridge
Services: VIP50
Posts: 70
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Several other people are reporting exactly the same issue in my thread on the VM forum. No info from Virgin yet, but will be continuing to keep fingers crossed.
|
|
|
10-02-2011, 23:44
|
#40
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
If you don't get any further by Saturday then I'll chase it up for you two.
Have either been given a Remedy number (fault reference) ?
|
|
|
11-02-2011, 09:21
|
#41
|
|
RIp Sweetness
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,393
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic
If you don't get any further by Saturday then I'll chase it up for you two.
Have either been given a Remedy number (fault reference) ?
|
This links to there thread on VM forum http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../322133/page/2
This has now been raised as a general fault under ticket 1515254. We hope to have an update soon
|
|
|
11-02-2011, 09:36
|
#42
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear
|
Cheers. I'll check this out later.
|
|
|
11-02-2011, 11:03
|
#43
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Loughborough (Langley)
Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
Posts: 823
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Yet again, CF > Community forum
|
|
|
11-02-2011, 19:23
|
#44
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Ok, we have a few sites with this problem. Mainly Southampton RHE and Newton Abbott.
Should be fixed with 24hrs.
|
|
|
14-02-2011, 13:19
|
#45
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tonbridge
Services: VIP50
Posts: 70
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
No fix yet
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:02.
|