Quote:
Originally Posted by ooogemaflop
Seriously weakens Virgin Media position in the long run. Channel One/Virgin One etc gone Bravo gone 2 entertainment channels gone. Sky now whenever it is the contract runs out litterally hold a knife to Virgins throat under the threat of removing Sky One Two and News again which would make Virgins entertainment package very weak
|
I understand what you mean but let's remember these channels have been lost to all platforms too. And also VM wanted to sell, we have no idea what would have become of VMtv in the future if they had kept hold of them, or indeed if they had sold them to another party, but they wanted rid.
And also remember that as part of the VMtv sale 13 Sky HD channels have already been added to the lineup that in all probability would not have become available otherwise, with more services attached to the sale to come. And (I think) they secured a 9 year carriage deal too.
I think VM did the right thing personally, these were pretty lacklustre channels with no indication from VM they were prepared to invest much in them going forward.