08-01-2011, 14:49
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hayes, Kent
Age: 66
Services: Virgin Phone, mobile and BB
V6 and Tivo
Asus RT-AC68U
Posts: 633
|
VOD v`s linier?
Just been wondering if all these negotiations regarding Sky Atlantic and others etc etc who have the linier rights pretty much sewn up. Could VM bid for just the VOD with the likes of HBO etc? If at all possible it might pave a sneaky way in through the back door. Especially with TiVo on the horizon. Absolutely no idea if this could happen.... just a thought.
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 14:54
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Belfast, N.I.
Services: 200/20 SH3, V6 Box
Posts: 499
|
Re: VOD v`s linier?
Do Virgin not already have a good bit of HBO OD content?
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 14:54
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wirral
Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
Posts: 1,485
|
Re: VOD v`s linier?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie
Just been wondering if all these negotiations regarding Sky Atlantic and others etc etc who have the linier rights pretty much sewn up. Could VM bid for just the VOD with the likes of HBO etc? If at all possible it might pave a sneaky way in through the back door. Especially with TiVo on the horizon. Absolutely no idea if this could happen.... just a thought.
|
VM had HBO VOD content, it has now been removed I think but happy to be corrected on that. I have not seen any for a while now.
VM will (soon?) have access to Sky VOD content, whether this includes HBO content from Sky Atlantic remains to be seen but I suppose that is unlikely, more likely Sky/Living TV Group commissioned stuff like Katie Price.
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 15:11
|
#4
|
|
RIp Sweetness
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,393
|
Re: VOD v`s linier?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey70
VM had HBO VOD content, it has now been removed I think but happy to be corrected on that. I have not seen any for a while now.
VM will (soon?) have access to Sky VOD content, whether this includes HBO content from Sky Atlantic remains to be seen but I suppose that is unlikely, more likely Sky/Living TV Group commissioned stuff like Katie Price.
|
Not Katie Price  they keep that to themselves!
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 15:15
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hayes, Kent
Age: 66
Services: Virgin Phone, mobile and BB
V6 and Tivo
Asus RT-AC68U
Posts: 633
|
Re: VOD v`s linier?
I can remember seeing Carnival & Soppranos on VOD a while back. Havent looked recently though to be honest.
|
|
|
08-01-2011, 15:35
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Wirral
Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
Posts: 1,485
|
Re: VOD v`s linier?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear
Not Katie Price  they keep that to themselves!
|
I think we can probably expect a similar service to what we got with the VMtv channels, maybe some US stuff too but mostly commissioned shows. I guess we will soon find out, hopefully!.
---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie
I can remember seeing Carnival & Soppranos on VOD a while back. Havent looked recently though to be honest.
|
I just had a quick look and all HBO content seems to have now left VM. In fact I think it was some time ago but if I recall it was rarely changed anyway and some was PPV too.
|
|
|
09-01-2011, 10:54
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West London
Services: V.I.P
Posts: 1,271
|
Re: VOD v`s linier?
No sky have bought up the VoD rights as well, the HBO deal for VM came to end in October. They maybe moving all the US stuff to Atlantic as this may not be covered under the VoD deal.
|
|
|
09-01-2011, 18:21
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hayes, Kent
Age: 66
Services: Virgin Phone, mobile and BB
V6 and Tivo
Asus RT-AC68U
Posts: 633
|
Re: VOD v`s linier?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous
They maybe moving all the US stuff to Atlantic as this may not be covered under the VoD deal.
|
Well that`s what I would do
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:31.
|