22-10-2010, 18:35
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 168
|
Re: Indian call centre and Virus
I have had two of these calls in the past couple of days, I just put the phone down and leave them to talk to no one.
|
|
|
22-10-2010, 19:07
|
#17
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 48
|
Re: Indian call centre and Virus
Jayster,,,, I like this one, I can see there's going to be a lot of murders at my house and a lot of gay Mexican suspects passing off as telesales persons.
Great I'm looking forward to the next call, if not I got the air horn
|
|
|
22-10-2010, 21:20
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Scotland
Age: 44
Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband
SKY HD Multiroom
Freeview HD
Freesat HD
Posts: 2,816
|
Re: Indian call centre and Virus
if virgin did phone thr person would indetify themself as from digital home support that the only department that woudl deal with it but you would have had to be in contact with them in the first place for them to phoen oyu back
as for the company i ahd them phoen me just sat and play fora while gave them a load of micne information and they went on to tell me i am infected and they will log in and clean at whih point i told them firstly if you know anytihng oyu knwo the ip 600.20.1.30 is fake and secondly no company would phone you and tell you have a virus they wouldnt know the only one that might would be the hacker that put it there and the phoen went dead
|
|
|
22-10-2010, 21:27
|
#19
|
|
Sad Doig Fan!
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Barry South Wales
Age: 70
Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
Posts: 11,871
|
Re: Indian call centre and Virus
Not perfect but well worth signing up for
http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/what/
|
|
|
22-10-2010, 22:28
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: East London UK
Posts: 91
|
Re: Indian call centre and Virus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456
|
That's a great service, but it doesn't stop calls from outside the UK unfortunately.
|
|
|
23-10-2010, 08:53
|
#21
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: Home Support Scam
Merged with existing home support scam thread
---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------
TPS will not stop scammers, instead TPS is designed to stop companies from spamming your phone line with sales calls.
|
|
|
25-10-2010, 10:10
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Midlands
Age: 35
Services: Broadband XL, TV L, Phone M. vHD, PS3, Mac
Posts: 30
|
Re: Home Support Scam
I never get these types of calls, it'd be quite fun as I'd lead them on then just provide the fact that my house is a Mac only house, and we don't even have a single Windows Machine in here.
But seriously, these things need to be stopped.
|
|
|
02-11-2010, 08:03
|
#23
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: #Plagueisland
Age: 55
Services: VM VIP Pack
Posts: 1,712
|
Re: Home Support Scam
I had one of these last night too, claiming to be from Microsoft. He said he could see now that I had a virus running on my PC through remote access. I asked him what my IP address was and what version of Windows I was running and he replied 'how would I know that?'. I might of mentioned to him that I had a hardware and software firewall in place too and what port was he looking at on my PC? He started to get narky at that point...
Tomorrow I might say I have Linux machines. Or Solaris 10. I liked Solaris 10
|
|
|
02-11-2010, 08:15
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: Home Support Scam
I think the ZX Spectrum route is good
|
|
|
03-11-2010, 11:47
|
#25
|
|
Virgin Media Employee
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winchester
Services: Staff MyRates
BB: VM 1Gb
TV: VM XL
Phone : VM XL
Posts: 3,388
|
Re: Home Support Scam
I like Solaris 10 too. Shame that Oracle have now neutered OpenSolaris.
__________________
I work for VMO2 but reply here in my own right. Any help or advice is made on a best-effort basis. No comments construe any obligation on VMO2 or its employees.
|
|
|
04-11-2010, 13:14
|
#26
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oxfordshire
Services: TV XL ,TiVo X 2,
200Mb Broadband
XL phone
Posts: 1,158
|
Re: Home Support Scam
I had my first virus call to-day apparently the virus is going around a lot in Oxfordshire now! Told him it was linux compuer and he aplogised for troubling me.
|
|
|
04-11-2010, 13:17
|
#27
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: Home Support Scam
I wish they would phone me, I need a laugh.
|
|
|
15-11-2010, 07:54
|
#28
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: Home Support Scam
|
|
|
15-11-2010, 08:56
|
#29
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
|
Re: Home Support Scam
Alt-F4 hit many times normally works well
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:14.
|