Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Error Code 2006

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Error Code 2006
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2010, 22:14   #1
savvychels
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dorset
Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
Posts: 645
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack
Error Code 2006

Sorry posted wrong error code in title of previous post and couldnt change it. I thought it was 2001 and when it came back up out of reboot it's showing as 2006. Same question though - copied here from the previous thread which I have asked to be deleted:

I have about 50 hours of stuff recorded on my V+ box. Probably about 10-20 hours unwatched. I'm praying this error code doesn't mean the hard drive has died, but I suspect you're going to tell me it has fried?

It's been dropping recordings the past week or so - I have reput several in. I took off about 15 hours from the hard drive and recorded to external drive in case it was a space issue.

I've headed up to bed to catch up on a couple of days worth of recordings and when I hit V+ and recorded programmes the red line showed the right amount of hard drive full, but it said I had no recorded programmes and it wasn't recording what it was supposed to be at the moment.

I didn't worry too much, just figured a reboot, so did that, and now I get V+ unavailable try again later or call 151 with error code 2006.

I've rebooted again and while I'm waiting to see whether a second reboot works (I'll try a third with a 2 minute wait between switch off and on) I came back downstairs to check the main box (which actually is an older box - both of them are Scientific Atlanta ones btw). I saw that one recording earlier, and have just checked and V+ working fine on that one.

So am I scuppered? I will call 151 if it's not working after a 2nd or 3rd reboot, but I know many of you on here are often more on the ball with these things than CS.

I'm hoping I don't end up losing what I've got recorded. If I have to I have to and I can probably catch up on the last week's worth of stuff with OD (which IS working - go figure), but the previous weeks I'm not so sure.

Thanks in advance. Just off to check if reboot worked. Will be back to check the thread shortly.
___

edited to add that on another forum I've seen it can change from 2001 to 2006 after rebooting (Phew I'm not going crazy).

Also forgot to mention this is not a new (or even nearly new) install. We've had V+ since 2007 and this box from 2008 I believe.

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:56 ----------

Okay - adding some more info now.

The second reboot came up with error 2006 as I said above. I shut it off at the wall, waiting 30 sec to a minute and then turned it back on. It did come back on fine, Live TV showing, recording what it's supposed to be, and has all previous recordings now showing. I've checked my Planned Series and I'm coming across the same issue I had late last week. I discovered that they seem to only go till Friday - anything for the weekend isn't showing. I discovered this past Friday that about 4 of my series hadn't been picked up for this week. So it seems to be dropping some at random.

Do the pro's think that this, combined with my 2001/2006 error means my hard drive may be in the process of corrupting? If so I can probably back up most of what's on it - that's not an issue if it'll hold out a couple more days, but would the recommendation be to just reformat or push for a replacement?

Ideally I'm happy with what I've got and really don't relish a tech visit.

Thanks for bearing with me and here's hoping someone will come along with some good advice
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-08-2010, 09:48   #2
Digital Fanatic
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Error Code 2006

Wow.. long post!!!

2006 means a possible bad sector on the hard drive, but can clear with a reboot. If it happens again, a reformat should fix.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 10:14   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Error Code 2006

It will probably need reformatting which will delete all existing recordings on the box.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 12:07   #4
savvychels
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dorset
Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
Posts: 645
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack
Re: Error Code 2006

Sorry the post was so long. I was trying to give as much info as possible so people could give accurate feedback rather than needing to ask for further info

Thanks for the replies. I'll work my way through what I need to watch asap and send the rest over to my HDD, and plan for a reformat soon just to be on the safe side.
savvychels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 12:19   #5
Digital Fanatic
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Error Code 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychels View Post
Sorry the post was so long. I was trying to give as much info as possible so people could give accurate feedback rather than needing to ask for further info

Thanks for the replies. I'll work my way through what I need to watch asap and send the rest over to my HDD, and plan for a reformat soon just to be on the safe side.
no worries
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 14:56.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum