Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Swapping boxes in a household

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Swapping boxes in a household
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2010, 22:57   #1
Jameseh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Swapping boxes in a household

Is there any problem with swapping a box with another so I can view the football (on SSHD) in another room? I can't imagine there would be but I don't want the smartcard locking up or something similar when I plug the cable in.

EDIT: And then I see the 'Swapping V+ box for normal' thread. Apologies.
  Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-08-2010, 23:27   #2
Digital Fanatic
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Swapping boxes in a household

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Is there any problem with swapping a box with another so I can view the football (on SSHD) in another room? I can't imagine there would be but I don't want the smartcard locking up or something similar when I plug the cable in.

EDIT: And then I see the 'Swapping V+ box for normal' thread. Apologies.
yeah, no problem... just make sure all the connections are secure when setting up to avoid poor picture etc.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2010, 23:42   #3
Ben B
Inactive
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Re: Swapping boxes in a household

Also if you have any attenuators make sure that you use the correct one for the correct room. For example on the downstairs connection I have a 10dB attenuator and on the upstairs a 6dB attenuator
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:06.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum