V+ box needs rebooting every morning - Help!
11-08-2010, 08:50
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 153
|
V+ box needs rebooting every morning - Help!
For a a week 10 days now I have had to press the reset button on the front of the box before it can be used that day. It will randomly reboot while in the middle of a programme and when you are trying to use the on demand stuff.
I phoned VM on Saturday and they sent a bloke out on Monday and changed a frequency on one of the in the install menus and said that would fix it. Yesterday I had to reboot the box again and so they were able to send the same bloke out yesterday afternoon who could not find anything wrong with it and so just left. This morning my box needed rebooting again today.
What do I have to say to them to replace the dam box because when they come it is always working fine.
|
|
|
11-08-2010, 09:05
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: V+ box needs rebooting every morning - Help!
Simply tell them that you will continue to call out the engineer until the service is fixed!
You will have to ensure that the fault is there when the engineer arrives. You suggest that this can be reproduced every morning. Don't 'fix' the box until the engineer arrives.
|
|
|
11-08-2010, 09:28
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 153
|
Re: V+ box needs rebooting every morning - Help!
Thanks, did think about not fixing it until they arrive to show them but thought why should I?!? Guess I will have to bit the bullet and do that!
|
|
|
11-08-2010, 16:37
|
#4
|
|
This tastes nice
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hindley Green Wigan
Services: TV360/1gb internet
Posts: 571
|
Re: V+ box needs rebooting every morning - Help!
Our older Telewest TV Drive STB has got into a regular habbit of rebooting in the evening just as we are settling down to watch things.
I understand that reboots are normally in the early hours of the morning for minimum inconveniance but i might be wrong.
Perhaps it's time to call VM and get a new V+ box.
|
|
|
11-08-2010, 17:51
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Midlands
Age: 73
Services: Virgin Media full package
Posts: 57
|
Re: V+ box needs rebooting every morning - Help!
My V+ hd BOX is recording 2 programmes every day that I have not booked, they were set up recxenlty as series but since I cancelled them they reoccur every day,.
When I reoported them I was told that a new patch / cure was imminent and thios problem would go away, thoiugh it does not take up space it is annoying.
Also I need to reboot every day to get priogramme details etc, I presumre the patch will fix that as well.
???????????? When is this patch / update due???????
billc
|
|
|
11-08-2010, 17:57
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: V+ box needs rebooting every morning - Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billc
My V+ hd BOX is recording 2 programmes every day that I have not booked, they were set up recxenlty as series but since I cancelled them they reoccur every day,.
When I reoported them I was told that a new patch / cure was imminent and thios problem would go away, thoiugh it does not take up space it is annoying.
Also I need to reboot every day to get priogramme details etc, I presumre the patch will fix that as well.
???????????? When is this patch / update due???????
billc
|
The code download will be being tested before it's released.. it can't ne rushed as it may cause another fault.
Programme info issue you have is not a known issue.. if it's happening everyday then you need to report it again, as you may need a tech.
|
|
|
11-08-2010, 19:25
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 153
|
Re: V+ box needs rebooting every morning - Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billc
Also I need to reboot every day to get priogramme details etc, I presumre the patch will fix that as well.
|
This is also another reason why I need to reboot each day.
Complete lists involves
- Say I last watched BBC One last night, when I come to it the next day no matter what channel I change to it stays on BBC One! Both the mini guide and the front of the box would change to a new channel but the video will not budge!
- No TV guide info
- Takes over 10 seconds to change channel
- The wonderful random reboots - can happen at any times
Also is the hard drive meant to whirl up at 17mins past every hour, even if the box is in standby?
Will film what happens tomorrow morning before calling VM again about the problems.
Why are the releasing updates to the current software when the Tivo stuff is starting around Christmas?
|
|
|
11-08-2010, 19:28
|
#8
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: V+ box needs rebooting every morning - Help!
Call again and get a engineer booked and as above do not reboot box on the day of the visit and then he will see the issue first hand.
It may be best to call after 0800 tomorrow to get an onshore agent.
|
|
|
11-08-2010, 19:28
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: V+ box needs rebooting every morning - Help!
TiVO is not coming to existing V+ set top boxes
|
|
|
11-08-2010, 19:31
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 153
|
Re: V+ box needs rebooting every morning - Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B
TiVO is not coming to existing V+ set top boxes
|
Isn't Tivo taking over from the current firmware providers and so all boxes will get some form of Tivo software, may not be all the all singing, all dancing one, but some form at least?
|
|
|
11-08-2010, 19:33
|
#11
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: V+ box needs rebooting every morning - Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmuk
Isn't Tivo taking over from the current firmware providers and so all boxes will get some form of Tivo software, may not be all the all singing, all dancing one, but some form at least?
|
Cisco took over Tivo so the may be some kind of software for the new HD boxes in the future possibly.
|
|
|
11-08-2010, 19:33
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: V+ box needs rebooting every morning - Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmuk
Isn't Tivo taking over from the current firmware providers and so all boxes will get some form of Tivo software, may not be all the all singing, all dancing one, but some form at least?
|
Possibly, but nothing has been announced yet, all I know is it won't get the full TiVO experience the new boxes will get as they don't support Flash lite
|
|
|
11-08-2010, 19:39
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: V+ box needs rebooting every morning - Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmuk
This is also another reason why I need to reboot each day.
Complete lists involves
- Say I last watched BBC One last night, when I come to it the next day no matter what channel I change to it stays on BBC One! Both the mini guide and the front of the box would change to a new channel but the video will not budge!
- No TV guide info
- Takes over 10 seconds to change channel
- The wonderful random reboots - can happen at any times
Also is the hard drive meant to whirl up at 17mins past every hour, even if the box is in standby?
Will film what happens tomorrow morning before calling VM again about the problems.
Why are the releasing updates to the current software when the Tivo stuff is starting around Christmas?
|
The box reboots to fix any problems it has... if you get daily reboots then you need a tech to resolve.
Yes, hard drive spins at those times.
Updates will always be worked on regardless. It's good practice to fix issues
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:46.
|