06-08-2010, 14:22
|
#46
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 36
|
Re: VIP with 50 MB broadband
Thanks for the quick response. Been a cable customer since the Cable and Wireless days (which became NTL and then VM) and never tried speaking to retentions before. What's the best way of getting in touch with them? Just ring the normal number and then?
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 19:05
|
#47
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: VIP with 50 MB broadband
Can someone help me with a little bit of info?
I have VIP20 however I did previously have 50mb broadband and still have and use the 50mb modem.
If I upgrade to VIP50 will I be asked to pay the £20.00 activation fee up front by debit / credit card or will it be included in my next bill?
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 19:12
|
#48
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 36
|
Re: VIP with 50 MB broadband
Quote:
Originally Posted by mparker42
I phoned retentions and said that I wanted to save some money but was keen to have the Sky HD channels. I was offered the deal pretty quickly and was taken by surprise especially as it was on both boxes. Now watching England take a load of wickets against Pakistan in glorious HD 
|
Well rang up earlier after reading this and your other post and somehow managed to get a similar deal. First person I spoke to basically said you must have been lying lol. Second person ended up (after quite a bit of talking and messing around) offering £98.44 (for everything you have though slightly cheaper for some reason) but then we have paper billing so the extra £1.25 made it £99.70.
The sticking point though was that he stated we'd have to pay the £75 installation charge that 'should' have been charged when we first got the additional V+ box. But he ended up talking to his manager and managed to get that knocked off (well it'll appear on the bill but also with a £75 credit too). So it took quite a bit of messing around (unlike yours) but it should be sorted now  . Thanks for your posts  . Now here's for hoping the bill comes through correct lol.
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 19:25
|
#49
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: VIP with 50 MB broadband
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesty
Hi Ben I've been in contact with virgin and they have given me the VIP package for £96.50. Thanks for the tip that's a saving of £20.50 as they said I was on £117. By the way I still haven't got the sky HD package through as yet and it's nearly 24 hrs after. Told them that and they said a technician will call tomorrow.can't see what they can do!.
|
Good stuff  can't see why you'd need an engineer to get the SkyHD channels though, all it needs is a signal to your box
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 19:50
|
#50
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: VIP with 50 MB broadband
Called Virgin about upgrading my service from VIP 20 to VIP 50 and I'm a little bit
I already have the new 50mb modem, I had it installed about 9 months ago when I first took the 50mb broadband. About 4 months ago I changed my service to the VIP package and my broadband connection went down to 20mb.
The person I've just been talking too advised if I want VIP 50 they need to send a technician out with a brand new modem  Surely it should be a simple process of changing the connection from their end and within a few hours I should have the new HD channels and 50 mb.
I repeated time and time again I already have the new modem but I was told time and time again I needed a technician visit and another new modem.
I told her not to bother with the upgrade for now.
Can anyone tell me if the information I received was correct?
Oh and to answer my own question posted earlier, the activation fee is added to your next bill.
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 20:02
|
#51
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southwick/near Brighton
Age: 61
Services: Big Daddy Bundle
Posts: 89
|
Re: VIP with 50 MB broadband
I can't understand it either, they sent the signal twice but it still says I'm not subscribed,they reckon it's the box at fault!
---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B
Good stuff  can't see why you'd need an engineer to get the SkyHD channels though, all it needs is a signal to your box 
|
I did try earlier to get them to send the signal a third time but they wouldn't have it and just said you have a technician calling tomorrow as you must have a fault in the box. I get the other HD channels alright!
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 20:29
|
#52
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: VIP with 50 MB broadband
I'm sceptical about needing a technician visit as I've had a similar issue like this play out before. I used to have the VIP package 3 years ago then downgraded. About 18 months later I upgraded to VIP once more and told Virgin I already had a V+ box from the previous time I had VIP. They insisted they send a technician with a new box.
When the technician arrived he was very, very, very pi**ed off to find I already had a V+box. He asked me why I hadn't told whoever I spoke with that I already had a V+box. I told him I did, numerous times. He ranted for a bit then apologised.
---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------
Great news, I called Virgin back and got someone who was totally switched on. Not only do I not need a technician, I don't have to pay an activation charge either as I already paid £20.00 for activation within the last 12 months. I was assured I'd have 50mb and SKYHD before kick-off times tomorrow. The mention of the footy season was a nice touch.
A lovely lady who just made my day! That's me got pretty much everything Virgin offer including mobile. At this rate I'm expecting a Christmas card from Richard Branson!
When does Virgin Bank launch?
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 20:48
|
#53
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southwick/near Brighton
Age: 61
Services: Big Daddy Bundle
Posts: 89
|
Re: VIP with 50 MB broadband
Well done I wondered if it was worth giving them another ring and asking them to try to send the signal again for the sky HD package.
---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------
I called them again and yes they sent the signal a third time and stll nothing LOL. I'll wait and see what the technician says tomorrow
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 20:54
|
#54
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: VIP with 50 MB broadband
WOW I'm totally blown away. Without a word of a lie, I have 50mb and SKY HD already. That only took 15 - 20 mins since the end of my phone call.
I'm honestly not trying to take the pi** Pesty. Good luck and hopefully that can be sorted for you ASAP
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 20:59
|
#55
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southwick/near Brighton
Age: 61
Services: Big Daddy Bundle
Posts: 89
|
Re: VIP with 50 MB broadband
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad
WOW I'm totally blown away. Without a word of a lie, I have 50mb and SKY HD already. That only took 15 - 20 mins since the end of my phone call.
I'm honestly not trying to take the pi** Pesty. Good luck and hopefully that can be sorted for you ASAP
|
LOL it's not for the want of trying I've rang them 4 times now to try to resolve it and 3 of those times they have sent the signal and still it says unsubscribed still.code 3043. looks like it's down to the technician to try to resolve it tomorrow.
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 21:10
|
#56
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: VIP with 50 MB broadband
Have you tried rebooting your box?
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 21:15
|
#57
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Services: 360 box
Posts: 5,875
|
Re: VIP with 50 MB broadband
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesty
LOL it's not for the want of trying I've rang them 4 times now to try to resolve it and 3 of those times they have sent the signal and still it says unsubscribed still.code 3043. looks like it's down to the technician to try to resolve it tomorrow.
|
try virgin twitter team they sorted mine out quick plus sorted out my upgarde to vip 50
|
|
|
07-08-2010, 07:26
|
#58
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southwick/near Brighton
Age: 61
Services: Big Daddy Bundle
Posts: 89
|
Re: VIP with 50 MB broadband
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B
Have you tried rebooting your box?
|
Yes Ben I rebooted about 10 times mow LOL. Technician should be here soon.
|
|
|
07-08-2010, 10:42
|
#59
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2
|
Re: VIP with 50 MB broadband
Can some tell me why I am getting charges 107.50 for VIP 50 instead of 97.50. I only have a v+ hd and a v box.
|
|
|
07-08-2010, 10:55
|
#60
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: VIP with 50 MB broadband
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrowtoffee
Can some tell me why I am getting charges 107.50 for VIP 50 instead of 97.50. I only have a v+ hd and a v box.
|
We might be able to help if you display the Advance Charges section from your bill here.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:28.
|