Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
06-08-2010, 11:47
|
#3106
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red
How many people watch ITV4 +1 Watch + 1 etc
|
Find out for yourself. You may be surprised.
http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyViewing?_s=3
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 11:50
|
#3107
|
|
Media Watcher
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Essex
Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Posts: 2,416
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red
How many people watch ITV4 +1 .
|
I do. I find the +1s useful. Why should it be one over the other? VM have the capacity now to put what they want on, that doesn't meaning gaining HD channels at the expense of other channels.
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 11:55
|
#3108
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Services: VIP50
Posts: 325
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon
I do. I find the +1s useful. Why should it be one over the other? VM have the capacity now to put what they want on, that doesn't meaning gaining HD channels at the expense of other channels.
|
OK take your point, like I stated personnel opinion.
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 11:57
|
#3109
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,618
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew
I often use the +1 channels. If there's 3 things I want to record on at the same time, I can record one of them off the +1 channel where available.
|
I second this.At least once a week for this very eason  
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 12:14
|
#3110
|
|
Media Watcher
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Essex
Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Posts: 2,416
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red
OK take your point, like I stated personnel opinion.
|
What is irritating is the lack of being able to organise the channels how you want, something that was removed upon the telewest/ntl merger.
If you only want to watch HD channels, you should be able to position them all together or put whatever channel in whatever position you want. In that sense, I agree with you that the +1s get in the way.
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 12:56
|
#3111
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bromley
Age: 48
Posts: 2,688
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
I use the +1 channels a lot but sometimes wish they were plus 24 or plus 25 instead
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 13:51
|
#3112
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kent
Age: 65
Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Posts: 209
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon
What is irritating is the lack of being able to organise the channels how you want, something that was removed upon the telewest/ntl merger.
If you only want to watch HD channels, you should be able to position them all together or put whatever channel in whatever position you want. In that sense, I agree with you that the +1s get in the way.
|
Personally, I use the favourites facility purely to store all the HD channels, that way you can keep them altogether and access them relatively easily.
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 13:55
|
#3113
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Sky have removed Real Madrid TV
Wonder if Virgin decide to pick this up with the other SD that are arriving soon
|
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 15:18
|
#3114
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 67
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun
Personally, I use the favourites facility purely to store all the HD channels, that way you can keep them altogether and access them relatively easily.
|
Ditto
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 15:30
|
#3115
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeNutt
Ditto 
|
Exactly what I did, now where is the option to change "Favourites" to display "HD" instead
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 15:35
|
#3116
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Belfast
Services: 200mb broadband, xl tv, m phone, tivo
Posts: 114
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06
Exactly what I did, now where is the option to change "Favourites" to display "HD" instead 
|
i do the exact same lol
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 16:26
|
#3117
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Leeds
Age: 55
Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Posts: 657
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
This may sound daft but why dont you use the HD Channels part of the tv guide.
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 16:31
|
#3118
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 352
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
|
It's interesting how even supposedly big subscription channels like Sky1 have microscopic viewer numbers compared to the BBC channels. Considering how many of those ugly looking sky satellite dishes litter the country, that's kind of surprising to me.
---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthedead4
This may sound daft but why dont you use the HD Channels part of the tv guide.
|
That's what I do, but as Virgin add more channels the HD list is spilling over on to 3 pages, and includes all sorts of junk now which I have no interest in.
Of course if the V+ actually displayed a TV guide in 1080p which filled the entire screen, with user selectable font size, it could be vastly more useful than it is now.
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 16:56
|
#3119
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 391
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
i'd like to be able to delete SD multicast channels like ITV1, CHANNEL4, ESPN etc for channels on XL. I've got hd so no point displaying those!
|
|
|
06-08-2010, 17:04
|
#3120
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Services: Sky Stream
Posts: 342
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl
i'd like to be able to delete SD multicast channels like ITV1, CHANNEL4, ESPN etc for channels on XL. I've got hd so no point displaying those!
|
Lock them, it doesn't come up then or when you're flicking thru
Sorry, you have to set them to hide listings in settings, but it does work.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:54.
|