HD channels added without asking
04-08-2010, 16:32
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 36
|
HD channels added without asking
Received an email today thanking me for adding premium channels. This was news to me. Checked my service and HD channels now available, previously greyed out. Phoned customer service to ask about this, mentioned that i was aware some people had these added and a discount also added, she stated this was not the case they cost £7. I asked her how they had got added to me, she replied i must have phoned to ask for them to be added. Told her i hadn't but was beginning to lose the will to live at this point. She said she would remove them but i asked that they get left on till i checked to see if they were maybe being given to all VIP users as a Public Relations exercise.
I will phone early tomorrow and speak to someone in UK call centre hopefully.
Has anyone else received same mail today?
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 16:38
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: HD channels added without asking
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc2009
Received an email today thanking me for adding premium channels. This was news to me. Checked my service and HD channels now available, previously greyed out. Phoned customer service to ask about this, mentioned that i was aware some people had these added and a discount also added, she stated this was not the case they cost £7. I asked her how they had got added to me, she replied i must have phoned to ask for them to be added. Told her i hadn't but was beginning to lose the will to live at this point. She said she would remove them but i asked that they get left on till i checked to see if they were maybe being given to all VIP users as a Public Relations exercise.
I will phone early tomorrow and speak to someone in UK call centre hopefully.
Has anyone else received same mail today?
|
Are you sure nobody else in your house has requested them? Are you on VIP with 50meg BB ?
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 16:45
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: plymouth
Services: VIP 50
Posts: 14
|
Re: HD channels added without asking
When I range up to add them today I was told they were already to be added.Even though I hadnt ordered them before.I was given no pricing information or any other reason as to how this could be the case.
I have had them now for about 1hr.
I"m on VIP 50 and it appears we MAY be getting them with our package?
But to dat I havent had any e-mail.
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 16:57
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Blackpool
Age: 46
Services: Virgin Media V.I.P + 50mb
Posts: 68
|
Re: HD channels added without asking
Im on VIP 50, but i had to email them to get the hd included.
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 17:05
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 36
|
Re: HD channels added without asking
Hi there, thanks for replies.
I am on VIP with 50 MB, so i think it may be some kind of response to all the queries they have had about VIP not being such a big saver anymore.
I currently have 2 other old style boxes with full package in other rooms and i was lucky enough to get mates rates as i know someone who works for virgin so i am really happy with the package i have, haha if only the wife was.
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 17:27
|
#6
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 20
|
Re: HD channels added without asking
Sorry to jump in, Whats VIP 50?
What does that package include at what cost?
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 17:45
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 36
|
Re: HD channels added without asking
Seems to always be a problem getting consistent answers for how much virgin charge for various packages.
I have VIP package which includes XXl phone and TV, also have 50 MB broadband. Have an additional box in 2 other bedrooms both with full package available. I get a mates rate discount on this which i think is about £30 and i pay approx £70. Sorry cant be exact but cant get access to ebill at moment to get full break down. But i am sure someone else will reply to you, even without the mates rate discount i think this is a great deal as we have a PC, 3 laptops and 2 xbox 360's all running of the broadband. A load of weans (OK 3) all with full tv package in their room, so it almost gives me and the missus some peace and quiet.
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 18:33
|
#8
|
|
Born again teenager.
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester. (VM area 20)
Age: 78
Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB.
Phone-Anytime Chatter
Posts: 13,923
|
Re: HD channels added without asking
Have a look at this post and the following posts to it which may explain what has happened. Good news apparently for VIP 50 subscribers.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post3018.html
__________________
"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx..... "but whilst I do I shall do so disgracefully." Jo Glynne
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 19:34
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 174
|
Re: HD channels added without asking
Disgrace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-P
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 20:20
|
#10
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: HD channels added without asking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telford240
Disgrace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-P
|
You can mock, but if VM give the channels without being asked for them, and then charge extra, that would be bad.
Also, their bills are not always clear, so it may be difficult to see if there is a discount.
Still, it sounds like they are giving the channels for free, so all is good.
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 20:47
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 174
|
Re: HD channels added without asking
Just having a laugh mate thats all, I think all VIP's should be rewarded so do I think us XL Tv users should be too
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 21:03
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brighton
Age: 62
Services: VIP
Posts: 3,705
|
Re: HD channels added without asking
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc2009
Seems to always be a problem getting consistent answers for how much virgin charge for various packages.
I have VIP package which includes XXl phone and TV, also have 50 MB broadband. Have an additional box in 2 other bedrooms both with full package available. I get a mates rate discount on this which i think is about £30 and i pay approx £70. Sorry cant be exact but cant get access to ebill at moment to get full break down. But i am sure someone else will reply to you, even without the mates rate discount i think this is a great deal as we have a PC, 3 laptops and 2 xbox 360's all running of the broadband. A load of weans (OK 3) all with full tv package in their room, so it almost gives me and the missus some peace and quiet.
|
Judging from Jo's post it would appear that VIPers who also take 50mb broadband get Sky movies and sport HD for free, nice one doc
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 21:49
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North West England
Services: 2x TiVo
Posts: 312
|
Re: HD channels added without asking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telford240
Just having a laugh mate thats all
|
Doubt he's your "mate".
|
|
|
05-08-2010, 00:08
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
|
Re: HD channels added without asking
So Virgin can afford to give the SKY HD channels away for free then? It appears to be a very good gesture to VIP customers with 50mb, who I assume Virgin view as their most valued customers. I'm on VIP with a Virgin mobile paying much more to Virgin each month than those with VIP plus 50mb. No SKY HD for free for me though
|
|
|
05-08-2010, 11:55
|
#15
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: HD channels added without asking
VIP50 customers now get SKYHD channels for free and VIP20 customers can upgrade for £20 activation and an additional monthly fee http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...010/m-p/107310
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:27.
|