Help - V+ Box has deleted whole series
03-08-2010, 10:21
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2
|
Help - V+ Box has deleted whole series
Hi
Hopefully someone can help me with this - Virgin can't!!
I have been recording a series for my daughter and must have had about 25 episodes in the recorded programmes list. They record every day.
I switched on today to play one of the programmes and every single one has disappeared! However all other programmes recorded before, after and in between remain on the box.
Virgin suggested rebooting, which I have done 3 times, but to no avail. Their answer was that there must have been a problem with the series link which has caused the loss and I can't get the programmes back!
My queries are:
1) Is there any way I can get the programmes back?
2) If it was a problem with the series link, why is it still set up to record the programmes from today onwards?
Hopefully someone can give me some good news.
Thanks
Claire
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 10:40
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Help - V+ Box has deleted whole series
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleylousy
Hi
Hopefully someone can help me with this - Virgin can't!!
I have been recording a series for my daughter and must have had about 25 episodes in the recorded programmes list. They record every day.
I switched on today to play one of the programmes and every single one has disappeared! However all other programmes recorded before, after and in between remain on the box.
Virgin suggested rebooting, which I have done 3 times, but to no avail. Their answer was that there must have been a problem with the series link which has caused the loss and I can't get the programmes back!
My queries are:
1) Is there any way I can get the programmes back?
2) If it was a problem with the series link, why is it still set up to record the programmes from today onwards?
Hopefully someone can give me some good news.
Thanks
Claire
|
It's not a known problem that I've heard of..are you sure nobody else has deleted them by mistake?
What channel were they broadcast on? If it's a BBC channel, have you tried the series stacker option in BBC iPlayer (via red button on a BBC channel) ?
 to the forum
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 10:51
|
#3
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Help - V+ Box has deleted whole series
The only way this can happen is if you go to recorded programmes and choose recordered series and then highlight the series and then click delete which will then delete all recorded programmes.
So someone must have done that as that is the only way that alll the programmes recorded can dissapear in one go.
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 11:12
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2
|
Re: Help - V+ Box has deleted whole series
Hmm, I have just spoken to my husband and it appears he did it by accident!!
Thanks for your help guys.
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 11:47
|
#5
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Help - V+ Box has deleted whole series
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleylousy
Hmm, I have just spoken to my husband and it appears he did it by accident!!
Thanks for your help guys.
|
He will have done as I posted above.
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 12:23
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Help - V+ Box has deleted whole series
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleylousy
Hmm, I have just spoken to my husband and it appears he did it by accident!!
Thanks for your help guys.
|
Cool, thanks for updating
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 12:43
|
#7
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Help - V+ Box has deleted whole series
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic
Cool, thanks for updating 
|
I just checked it out on my machine and that was the only way it can delete a series in one fell swoop.
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 16:27
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: Help - V+ Box has deleted whole series
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleylousy
Hmm, I have just spoken to my husband and it appears he did it by accident!!
Thanks for your help guys.
|
You have a good husband there - he owned up!
Get him to make himself something special for his tea tonight.
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 12:26
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 98
|
Re: Help - V+ Box has deleted whole series
Quote:
Hmm, I have just spoken to my husband and it appears he did it by accident!!
Thanks for your help guys.
|
But was it an accident???
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 14:40
|
#10
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nottingham
Services: VVIP500
Posts: 439
|
Re: Help - V+ Box has deleted whole series
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaseman
But was it an accident???
|
Exactly my thought. With HD channels launching and 25 episodes of something for his daughter.....that space can be put to better use elsewhere.
Which then brings me onto when will we get bigger boxes in terms of more hard drive as I'm really starting to struggle recently,
Once it gets near to full it starts doing random reboots and I got that happen twice last night.
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 14:59
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: Help - V+ Box has deleted whole series
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree
Which then brings me onto when will we get bigger boxes in terms of more hard drive as I'm really starting to struggle recently,
Once it gets near to full it starts doing random reboots and I got that happen twice last night. 
|
Soon, towards the end of the year/start of next year when the TiVO boxes are released
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:51.
|