02-08-2010, 11:23
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
Posts: 836
|
Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?
Will you pay £29.50 for Sky Sports 1-4 and HD1 and 2 from October 2010? Thats almost £30 a month (sheessshhh)
I voted Yes because I like them but like I said earlier, when my mum finds out there is another increase she wont be too happy.
|
|
|
02-08-2010, 11:31
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: England
Services: Cable XL TV, 10MB broadband by Virgin Media cable, Mac & Safari powered Internet!
Posts: 89
|
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?
Looks like Sky Sports is the only way I'll ever get to watch NASCAR on uk tv... but I still cannot bring myself to splash out soooo much money each month. That's a HUGE amount of money every year - esp if you don't like bl**dy soccer!!
So, err... no is my vote ;-)
|
|
|
02-08-2010, 11:49
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Liverpool
Age: 49
Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
Posts: 3,819
|
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?
I voted 'No' because for what I watch on there its really not worth it to me. I prefer to go the pub to watch any football games I want to see, especially when its in 3D
|
|
|
02-08-2010, 11:53
|
#4
|
|
Guest
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?
I can still justify paying for the sky sports channels as when i am in,that is the bulk of my entertainment as i do not go out to pubs very often,i am at work loads though and very often miss the cricket matches i subscribe for,however when i can watch the coverage is good so is just about worth the money. But only up to a point.
|
|
|
|
02-08-2010, 12:30
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 174
|
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?
Got no choice if you want to watch football these days unless you use flashstreamsports
|
|
|
02-08-2010, 16:11
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Services: Sky Stream
Posts: 342
|
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?
I put yes, but I'll only carrying on up to a certain amount, as soon as I feel its becoming unreasonable, they'll be off.
|
|
|
02-08-2010, 16:28
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Expanding Town with crap roads
Age: 67
Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Posts: 7,674
|
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?
Wouldn't pay Sky for any sports regardless.
|
|
|
03-08-2010, 19:27
|
#8
|
|
Needs more upload
Join Date: Mar 2009
Services: TiVo V6, TiVo 500GB, Samsung V Box, Full House TV + Sky Sports SD, VIVID 200, Talk Weekends Phone
Posts: 170
|
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cablestrider
Looks like Sky Sports is the only way I'll ever get to watch NASCAR on uk tv... but I still cannot bring myself to splash out soooo much money each month. That's a HUGE amount of money every year - esp if you don't like bl**dy soccer!!
So, err... no is my vote ;-)
|
I've been told that some races are available on the Open Access Channel but that's only available on $ky.
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 08:35
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Services: V+ XL & BB
Posts: 22
|
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?
Its a joke, I was just about to get them the other day then realised they want £7 for HD & then ANOTHER price increase of £2. I can't believe it. £5 a fookin channel, how can it be legal
USA get like 20+ quality sports channels plus 100s of normal channels for less than £50 while we get utter cr@p for double the amount.
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 08:50
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Berks
Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
Posts: 784
|
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?
No way would I pay that. I am with Virgin because IMO XL TV is the best vfm basic entertainment package on any platform.
But if I wanted premium Sky channels I would go to Sky. I can't justify that kind of expenditure for a sub with Virgin in the knowledge that Sky sub will get me more. I know that Virgin have a couple of SSHD channels and the red button soon but SS is Sky's channel and they will continue to innovate. So VM customers will probably never have the full service that the Sky subs have.
|
|
|
04-08-2010, 13:05
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lancashire
Services: Tivo On Medium Plus.Xbox 360,Nexus 7,HTC Desire S & Sky Freesat
Posts: 85
|
Re: Will you pay £29.50 for 6 Sky Sports channels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua
Wouldn't pay Sky for any sports regardless.
|
Same here.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:59.
|