Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Who's signed up to sky hd channels?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2010, 11:53   #46
krazy
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Belfast
Services: 200mb broadband, xl tv, m phone, tivo
Posts: 114
krazy is on a distinguished roadkrazy is on a distinguished road
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ashton View Post
I *think* I've signed up!

When I emailed the CEO's office, the woman who phoned/emailed me back (June) mentioned the 6 month £7 discount if I took out a new 12 month contract and also said:

I replied telling her that this was great, and that I'd be happy for her to add.

Thing is, is there any way of telling whether this has been done (short of phoning CS)? The Sky HD channels are all appearing in white (rather than they greyed out look of unavailable/unsubscribed channels), but it contains the standard blurb about phoning CS to add to my package.

Guess I'm concerned that come Sky HD day (2nd August) I don't have the channels, and I have to go round the houses explaining to CS that someone in the CEOs office said I was having the channels without paying the £7 for 6 months..

Dean
im in the exact same boat. i was told not to contact customer services as the lady could sort it for me, suppose i gotta just wait and see.
krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-07-2010, 12:01   #47
masefield
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 25
masefield is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ashton View Post
I *think* I've signed up!

When I emailed the CEO's office, the woman who phoned/emailed me back (June) mentioned the 6 month £7 discount if I took out a new 12 month contract and also said:

I replied telling her that this was great, and that I'd be happy for her to add.

Thing is, is there any way of telling whether this has been done (short of phoning CS)? The Sky HD channels are all appearing in white (rather than they greyed out look of unavailable/unsubscribed channels), but it contains the standard blurb about phoning CS to add to my package.

Guess I'm concerned that come Sky HD day (2nd August) I don't have the channels, and I have to go round the houses explaining to CS that someone in the CEOs office said I was having the channels without paying the £7 for 6 months..

Dean
Think that I might be in a different boat - I had received a similar email from Diane - just emailed her and she is out of office until the 9th - oh dear!
masefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 12:22   #48
Mobes
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ashton View Post
I *think* I've signed up!

When I emailed the CEO's office, the woman who phoned/emailed me back (June) mentioned the 6 month £7 discount if I took out a new 12 month contract and also said:

I replied telling her that this was great, and that I'd be happy for her to add.

Thing is, is there any way of telling whether this has been done (short of phoning CS)? The Sky HD channels are all appearing in white (rather than they greyed out look of unavailable/unsubscribed channels), but it contains the standard blurb about phoning CS to add to my package.

Guess I'm concerned that come Sky HD day (2nd August) I don't have the channels, and I have to go round the houses explaining to CS that someone in the CEOs office said I was having the channels without paying the £7 for 6 months..

Dean
Strange as I was told to sign up with CS and then get back to CEO's office who would then sort out the discount...
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 12:53   #49
TMLeafs
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sittingbourne
Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
Posts: 254
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masefield View Post
Think that I might be in a different boat - I had received a similar email from Diane - just emailed her and she is out of office until the 9th - oh dear!
She told me that she would be out of office on the day this was the the first day the discount was reported. She said ring the same number from the email and someone else from my office will be able to handle it for you.
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 12:54   #50
efc85
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: cheshire
Services: XL+ tv/ss + sm 20mb broadband blackberry on virginmobile
Posts: 18
efc85 is on a distinguished roadefc85 is on a distinguished road
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

I won't be bothering,SD is pretty good.
Can't help feeling that VM missed a trick by not giving us the first month free.You don't miss what you've never had but once you've had it it's hard to go back!
efc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 15:57   #51
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Services: Sky Stream
Posts: 342
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

I sorted mine online so I know its ready to go come monday
ChrisLUFC22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 16:01   #52
ottoni
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 311
ottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to beholdottoni is a splendid one to behold
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by efc85 View Post
I won't be bothering,SD is pretty good.
Can't help feeling that VM missed a trick by not giving us the first month free.You don't miss what you've never had but once you've had it it's hard to go back!
I totally agree, would have been good for virgin, and their customers.
ottoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 17:31   #53
Digital Fanatic
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoni View Post
I totally agree, would have been good for virgin, and their customers.
Can you imagine how much that would have cost VM though!
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 19:18   #54
fatratsandcheese
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Poole, Dorset
Age: 43
Services: Virgin L Broadband Virgin XL V+ inc sports and movies HD Virgin M Phone
Posts: 40
fatratsandcheese is on a distinguished roadfatratsandcheese is on a distinguished road
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

i have £7 is well worth it and keeps my wife happy with HD Movies
fatratsandcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 23:52   #55
piquet41
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bournemouth (where the sun never stops shining - lol)
Services: VM. VIP pack 152meg BB, TiVo & V+HD box on XL tv pack with Sky Sports BT Sports & Movies HD. XL Phon
Posts: 221
piquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about thempiquet41 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

I have too. A reajustment of my monthly spending has allowed me the luxury of the HD upgrade. Quite looking forward to crisp, clear pictures.
piquet41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 07:42   #56
trickytree
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nottingham
Services: VVIP500
Posts: 439
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Sent my email off to Neil yesterday and still nothing back from him or any of his staff. If they don't come back then I will not be getting HD versions and looking into taking my business elsewhere.
I even asked why I am being charged £91.49 including the £1 paperless discount when on the website it is £89.50
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 10:21   #57
pabs
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Liverpool
Services: Sky+HD TV, VM 10Mb Broadband and XL Phone.
Posts: 32
pabs is on a distinguished roadpabs is on a distinguished road
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

I'm gona sign up for SSHD1 as I'm a big Liverpool fan and their games are on this channel at least for the first 3 months. I have been waiting for VM to get SS in HD as it is a different class. I think £20.50 for 2 Liverpool games a month in HD is just about worth it for me!
pabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 12:54   #58
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Hi, just to let everyone know all Sky Movies HD channels and Sky Sports HD1 & HD2 go live at 6am on Monday Morning.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 14:26   #59
mhatter67
Guest
 
Location: Luton
Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Posts: n/a
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Hi, just to let everyone know all Sky Movies HD channels and Sky Sports HD1 & HD2 go live at 6am on Monday Morning.
I never understand why a new broadcast day starts at 6am and not on or around midnight
  Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 14:31   #60
Kingofthedead4
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Leeds
Age: 55
Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Posts: 657
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society
Re: Who's signed up to sky hd channels?

Thought all premiership games were supposed to be on Sky sports 1 and 2. According to livesportontv the game between Tottenham Vs Man City is on Sat 14th August 12.45pm on Sky Sports 3/HD3. Looks like sky are already pulling fast ones.
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:41.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum