Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
21-07-2010, 15:31
|
#2476
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bromley
Age: 48
Posts: 2,688
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey
Could be my lcds are 40 and 46".
They do say you can't really notice the difference between 1080i and 1080p on 32" or smaller.
|
yes I noticed this between my TV and when I visit my parents. They have a bigger TV and SSD doesn't seem as good but still watchable.
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 15:31
|
#2477
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2010
Services: V.I.P
Posts: 138
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey
Cool I've got the Sony Bravia EX503.
|
Top tv , i have the older Bravia 40w4000 still a cracker though.
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 15:46
|
#2478
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bournemouth
Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD
Samsung Galaxy s3
Posts: 629
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Ok First we where talking about the price of the sky HD movie and sport channels and now we are talking about the size of our TV's.
Coming soon to virgin tv (2010) i thought that was the name of this thread...
is there any chance of getting back to this thread as titled above.
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 15:47
|
#2479
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy
Ok First we where talking about the price of the sky HD movie and sport channels and now we are talking about the size of our TV's.
Coming soon to virgin tv (2010) i thought that was the name of this thread...
is there any chance of getting back to this thread as titled above. 
|
I am of the same opinion as you, but I suppose it's gonna be August 2nd when the new thread launches that it's gonna get back on track properly
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 15:49
|
#2480
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bournemouth
Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD
Samsung Galaxy s3
Posts: 629
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B
I am of the same opinion as you, but I suppose it's gonna be August 2nd when the new thread launches that it's gonna get back on track properly
|
We can only but hope
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 15:53
|
#2481
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: cambridgeshire
Age: 44
Services: Virgin VIP package,
FREEVIEW
Posts: 466
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B
I am of the same opinion as you, but I suppose it's gonna be August 2nd when the new thread launches that it's gonna get back on track properly
|
lol the day the HD channels launch, you can bet this topic wont stay on topic untill AFTER sky basics launch near the end of august :P
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 15:57
|
#2482
|
|
cf.member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Berkshire
Services: Tivo,152mb
Posts: 57
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Just ordered SKY HD Premium Channels via CS.
I was told that their due on 26th July. I corrected the guy and said all information points to a August 2nd launch.I was clearly told that the latest email he had stated july 26.He also said I would receive a txt when activated.
I know that info can get distorted which can be annoying but a fact of life.
Sorry to be a pain and go over old ground but can DF or BenMcr re-confirm the correct date.
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 15:59
|
#2483
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
It's the 2nd of August.
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 15:59
|
#2484
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Nobody needs to confirm the correct date it's quite visible on Sky Sports HD1 on your box
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 16:00
|
#2485
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B
Nobody needs to confirm the correct date it's quite visible on Sky Sports HD1 on your box 
|
Yep, August 2nd
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 16:04
|
#2486
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
I'm looking forward to Sky One HD , ESPN America HD , Hallmark HD and sky sports news HD
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 16:05
|
#2487
|
|
cf.member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Berkshire
Services: Tivo,152mb
Posts: 57
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Thanks for confirmation BenMcr/DF...
As I said I not long got off the phone but things can be exaggerated.It happens in all parts of life but either way i'm happy.
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 16:09
|
#2488
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 44
Services: XL 2x v+, 1 stb, 50mb, phone
Posts: 514
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
umm i phoned cs to add the hd pack to my box, and the lady on the phone with the erotic voice said something along the lines of "hi honesy your package has been upgraded, your new channels will appear on your boxes", so i said to her boxes? its only meant to be per box, she said hold on a sec, she then comes back with "i just spoke to my manager and he says its for all boxes" and that was it.
i'll wait till i get my next bill xd
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 16:35
|
#2489
|
|
Got inside news - PM me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Media Boy UK HQ
Posts: 15,148
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Can I ask everyone to talk about Sky Sports HD and Sky Movies HD on the Sky Sports and Sky Movies thread.
Here an link to that thread - http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...l#post35060200
Lets keep this thread for other things
Thanks
Media Boy.
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 16:56
|
#2490
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Preston
Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
Posts: 1,947
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:10.
|