Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
21-07-2010, 10:39
|
#2461
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 174
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
You go to www.virginmedia.com/skyhd and pick the option for the same package that you currently have with the HD bolt on.
As it's not possible to add the SD charge twice it will just increase the bill by £7
|
So in my case I just hit the sky sports collection ?? or will I be better off ringing
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 10:55
|
#2462
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 29
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
VM are brilliant at upscaling SD channels to the point I see little difference in their HD channels. In fact on my V+ I never record HD programmes because the pic quality is marginal yet the space used on the HDD is excessive. Except sport! Hence my disappointment at them charging me £37.50 for Sky Sports with only TWO SS HD channels.
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 11:40
|
#2463
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,876
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telford240
So in my case I just hit the sky sports collection ?? or will I be better off ringing
|
Hi, you would be better of calling them you never know you may get a good deal see here: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...mer/deals.html
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 11:45
|
#2464
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London
Services: V HD, Bluray 3D, HD-DVD, cassette and 8 track
Posts: 119
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 12:04
|
#2465
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Birmingham
Services: Almost the lot
Posts: 762
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2801
VM are brilliant at upscaling SD channels to the point I see little difference in their HD channels. In fact on my V+ I never record HD programmes because the pic quality is marginal yet the space used on the HDD is excessive.
|
Think you may need to tweek your settings a bit then. On my set the difference is vast.
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 12:22
|
#2466
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 29
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd
Think you may need to tweek your settings a bit then. On my set the difference is vast. 
|
Looking at your moniker, I'd quite like to see your set first to be sure
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 13:22
|
#2467
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Newport
Services: 152meg BB.
XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
Posts: 979
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2801
VM are brilliant at upscaling SD channels to the point I see little difference in their HD channels. In fact on my V+ I never record HD programmes because the pic quality is marginal yet the space used on the HDD is excessive. Except sport! Hence my disappointment at them charging me £37.50 for Sky Sports with only TWO SS HD channels.
|
You can definetly notice the difference, HD looks stunning on my Sony Bravia LCD and Toshiba LCD. SD looks very good.
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 13:36
|
#2468
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey
You can definetly notice the difference, HD looks stunning on my Sony Bravia LCD and Toshiba LCD. SD looks very good.
|
Agreed on my 40 inch Samsung 6 Series HD looks amazing. I will say PQ varies though. Watched Cellular last night on Film 4 HD it was amazing PQ.
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 13:37
|
#2469
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Preston
Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
Posts: 1,947
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2801
VM are brilliant at upscaling SD channels to the point I see little difference in their HD channels. In fact on my V+ I never record HD programmes because the pic quality is marginal yet the space used on the HDD is excessive. Except sport! Hence my disappointment at them charging me £37.50 for Sky Sports with only TWO SS HD channels.
|
Trust me there is a big difference,Ive been watching the WWE on Sky Sports and the picture is amazing.However got to say the upscaling is far superior on the V+ box compared to my Sky HD box
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 14:51
|
#2470
|
|
Do I care what you think
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,618
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd
Think you may need to tweek your settings a bit then. On my set the difference is vast. 
|
I think its all about screen size on my 32" I can`t see any real ( or put another way any thing worth £7 per month) difference even when having sport on.
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 15:25
|
#2471
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Newport
Services: 152meg BB.
XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
Posts: 979
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim
I think its all about screen size on my 32" I can`t see any real ( or put another way any thing worth £7 per month) difference even when having sport on. 
|
Could be my lcds are 40 and 46".
They do say you can't really notice the difference between 1080i and 1080p on 32" or smaller.
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 15:26
|
#2472
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 67
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Viewing distance is a major factor - but we're going OT again...
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 15:30
|
#2473
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Newport
Services: 152meg BB.
XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
Posts: 979
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11
Agreed on my 40 inch Samsung 6 Series HD looks amazing. I will say PQ varies though. Watched Cellular last night on Film 4 HD it was amazing PQ.
|
Cool I've got the Sony Bravia EX503.
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 15:30
|
#2474
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2010
Services: V.I.P
Posts: 138
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim
I think its all about screen size on my 32" I can`t see any real ( or put another way any thing worth £7 per month) difference even when having sport on. 
|
Many say you need a 40+ inch tv to see any worth while benefits of HD over SD especially with full HD. And obviously viewing distance matters to.
|
|
|
21-07-2010, 15:30
|
#2475
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey
Cool I've got the Sony Bravia EX503.
|
Not according to your sig you haven't :P
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:25.
|