Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
20-07-2010, 14:31
|
#2311
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Macclesfield
Age: 51
Services: Virgin
Posts: 230
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Just had a call from CEO and the nice lady told me they are looking at the VIP Package as they may be changing the price of it so she said to expect news about the VIP soon!!!!!
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:32
|
#2312
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newbury
Services: VIP Collection + TIVo
Additional Tivo
Posts: 349
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Sorry if i'm combining 2 threads:
We haven't yet got our new cards (Reading Area 31 ) - so............
if I order the Sky HD package, quoting the current card number. will I
(A) Get the new channels on my existing card ?
(B) Get the new channels when I eventually get the new viewing card?
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:33
|
#2313
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newcastle
Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Posts: 1,318
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat
|
Oh I did I just thought you missed out the point that he/she was being sarcastic in the serious reply you gave.....saying that I got confused and replied seriously to what you wrote so yeah
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:34
|
#2314
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,666
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
can't really see how the HD thing is still confusing people. Any word on CBS action coming to virgin?
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:38
|
#2315
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused
Sorry if i'm combining 2 threads:
We haven't yet got our new cards (Reading Area 31 ) - so............
if I order the Sky HD package, quoting the current card number. will I
(A) Get the new channels on my existing card ?
(B) Get the new channels when I eventually get the new viewing card?

|
It will be A
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:38
|
#2316
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,729
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki
Oh I did I just thought you missed out the point that he/she was being sarcastic in the serious reply you gave.....saying that I got confused and replied seriously to what you wrote so yeah 
|
TBH, I thought he was being serious. I think this poster did too:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post2308.html
Mind you. I could be wrong.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:40
|
#2317
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sittingbourne
Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
Posts: 254
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love virgin
Just had a call from CEO and the nice lady told me they are looking at the VIP Package as they may be changing the price of it so she said to expect news about the VIP soon!!!!!
|
What's his email again its been posted before but cant find it in the last 40 pages
cheers
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:42
|
#2318
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Macclesfield
Age: 51
Services: Virgin
Posts: 230
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs
What's his email again its been posted before but cant find it in the last 40 pages
cheers
|
Its
neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:46
|
#2319
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Newport
Services: 152meg BB.
XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
Posts: 979
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeoy3005
I too think they should now charge for all the previously free HD channels, hopefully the free customer services number will also be changed £5/min and the free tv catch up will be charged per progam....
Then I can get a second job to pay for all the free stuff that is no longer free and have no time to watch anything on virgin cos I'm always at work earning the pennies to pay for it! Damn I can't believe I didn't think of this first..... 
|
silly billy
You can just watch bbc iplayer on ps3 or tv or blu ray player anyway. For free.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:48
|
#2320
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newbury
Services: VIP Collection + TIVo
Additional Tivo
Posts: 349
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
It will be A
|
Thanks Ben.
So I guess when we get the new card all channels incl HD will still work ?
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:48
|
#2321
|
|
RIp Sweetness
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,393
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love virgin
Just had a call from CEO and the nice lady told me they are looking at the VIP Package as they may be changing the price of it so she said to expect news about the VIP soon!!!!!
|
Same here, I explained that XL/VIP customers saw no reduction in the price for sky sports when other packs did, she siad they are taking on board all the comments they are receiving in particular from XL/VIP customers.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:48
|
#2322
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 17
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Thanks, yeah I already got that URL but all I see when I click on the buy now button is a bunch of bundle options. As I already have XL TV which has the premium SD channels, where is the link to upgrade this XL package to HD for £7?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B
|
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:50
|
#2323
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bristol
Services: Virgin TVXL, TiVO and V+HD Box. Broadband L, Phone XL.
Posts: 72
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
I find it incredible that people are saying Sky offer more HD channels for the £10 than Virgin for the £7. Virgin charges NO EXTRA for XL customers for any basic HD channels(included in Sky's chargeable package). Sky clearly is subsidising the premium channels by charging for HD. Sky want to destroy their competition so they can have a monopoly. They could charge what they liked then. Can't believe people are now threatening to go to Sky who started all this HD charging.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:52
|
#2324
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused
Thanks Ben.
So I guess when we get the new card all channels incl HD will still work ?
|
Yup
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 14:53
|
#2325
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedymove
Thanks, yeah I already got that URL but all I see when I click on the buy now button is a bunch of bundle options. As I already have XL TV which has the premium SD channels, where is the link to upgrade this XL package to HD for £7?
|
It does say if you already have the premium in SD then just select the pack you currently have (i.e. sports and movies) and they will just add the HD channels for £7 to your existing SD channels.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:03.
|