Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
20-07-2010, 10:03
|
#2206
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 174
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Like I said last night, Sky Sports SD already looks stunning on my Bravia and I am not paying 7 quid to see Rooney look even more ulgy than he already is
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 10:07
|
#2207
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Fleet, Hampshire
Services: VIP(300BB)
2xV6 Boxes
Posts: 344
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11
I've had a rethink overnight and decided to.stay with Virgin on the XL I'm not bothering with sky sports and movies or HD charge. Just hoping ESPN America HD appears free on XL.
|
at the moment I am very much of the same. I will stay as is - NOWAY will I pay extra for Sky's movies + sports in HD - I can live with SD as I have up to now.
anyone have a clue if there will be a charge for the red button if and when?
---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsman
"Govt announce that from 2011 the TV license fee will now be payable "per TV"
"Phone companies will now charge line rental for each phone connected to the same line"
How do you think the above statements would go down with the public? Just because SKY done/do it, does not make it right. The Govt should look into this practice. How can anyone justify this form of theft. Thats exactly what "PER BOX" is.
|
here here
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 10:07
|
#2208
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2801
And? Ofcom are a waste of space. I'm a consumer and I refuse to give Virgin any loyalty when they give me none. (been with them 10+ years since Telewest) It is cheaper for me to move to Sky and get ALL Sky Sports channels in HD plus far more HD channels.
If this £7 charge is Sky's doing then they have royally shafted VM who have been made to look like mugs and expect us to pay for it.
|
It would be useful for you to demonstrate your statement that Sky is cheaper by detailing the figures here.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 10:14
|
#2209
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 29
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin
It would be useful for you to demonstrate your statement that Sky is cheaper by detailing the figures here.
|
Look yourself
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 10:16
|
#2210
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2801
Look yourself
|
So you are unwilling to prove that your statement is true. I'll take that to mean that the Sky option is more expensive.
You must have done the comparison after all and have all the figures to hand.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 10:16
|
#2211
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 174
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Im past caring now to be honest, if it was a case where they just slammed a extra 7 pounds on my bill automatic i would be kicking right off but to be honest as I have just said in my earlier post I am happy with my Sky Sports SD picture so nothing changing for me
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 10:18
|
#2212
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 29
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin
So you are unwilling to prove that your statement is true. I'll take that to mean that the Sky option is more expensive.
You must have done the comparison after all and have all the figures to hand.
|
Stop making yourself look a tool. I'm £10 better off with Sky for better services.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 10:18
|
#2213
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
Posts: 141
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
The full Monty on Sky (HDTV) is £58.50 on VM it's £63.50. This is without confusing comparison by adding in other products.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 10:22
|
#2214
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 29
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Rang VM to downgrade from XL tv to M+ as Sky Sports is the same price and was told I'd lose my 10 year loyalty bonus. Brilliant VM! Adios
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 10:24
|
#2215
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmills
The full Monty on Sky (HDTV) is £58.50 on VM it's £63.50. This is without confusing comparison by adding in other products.
|
No it's not
TV XL is £23
Sky Sports and Movies is £27.50
Sky HD Premiums is £7
= £57.50
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 10:25
|
#2216
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2801
Stop making yourself look a tool. I'm £10 better off with Sky for better services.
|
The normal. Unwilling to prove a statement so you revert to derogatory statements.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 10:27
|
#2217
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
No it's not
TV XL is £23
Sky Sports and Movies is £27.50
Sky HD Premiums is £7
= £57.50
|
Don't forget Ben Virgin give you ESPN as well , thats a further 9.00 on Sky World that's what made me think twice about leaving.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 10:29
|
#2218
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 29
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin
The normal. Unwilling to prove a statement so you revert to derogatory statements.
|
Awwww diddums just because I cant be arsed to type up all the figures for you. Like I said, go look on Sky yourself. Comparatively I am £10 better off a month moving to Sky and get better services. Plus £80 cash back with Quidco!
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 10:32
|
#2219
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan2801
Awwww diddums just because I cant be arsed to type up all the figures for you. Like I said, go look on Sky yourself. Comparatively I am £10 better off a month moving to Sky and get better services. Plus £80 cash back with Quidco!
|
Remember that it's mum or dad that will have to cancel your Virgin Media package.
|
|
|
20-07-2010, 10:32
|
#2220
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
Posts: 141
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
No it's not
TV XL is £23
Sky Sports and Movies is £27.50
Sky HD Premiums is £7
= £57.50
|
TV XL is only £23 if you take a phone line for an extra £11.99 otherwise it's £29 which was included in the figure I quoted.
I know VM included ESPN but I believe Sky include many channels that VM don't including SS3HD, SS4HD, etc.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:54.
|