Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
19-07-2010, 17:23
|
#1951
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Services: VIP50
Posts: 325
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney
Final question till I depart... How much more are the movies on top of the sport package on xl? Only have sports but if I ever order the hd channels drunk one night I might as well have the hd movie channels
|
Sky Sports and Movies bundle £27.50 + £7 for HD channels
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 17:24
|
#1952
|
|
RIp Sweetness
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,393
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDon
That maybe, but M and L customers can now take the HD channels for just £1 more than they were paying for the SD versions last month.
The price decrease on Sky Sports and Movies means that in relative terms HD is costing XL customers £6 more than L and M, so it might not be a VM money maker, but it's sure as hell a way for them to **** off their customers. If XL's pricing for premiums had been reduced in line with the other tiers then no one would be arguing a net increase of £1 for HD versions, instead we're getting the double shafting of a devalued TV package (especially those on VIP) with a nice bit increase if you want to watch in HD.
|
Could not agree more   
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 17:27
|
#1953
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers
I have a box upstairs and a box downstairs. Will I say to them I want the box downstairs to have HD?
|
You give them the smartcard number of the box you want it on.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 17:28
|
#1954
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Services: VIP50
Posts: 325
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
You give them the smartcard number of the box you want it on.
|
Agree
Depdning if you have two boxes the same you need to give them the smart card number but if you have 2 different boxes they can see that and add it to the box that way.
But to be safe have your smart card number to hand
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 17:29
|
#1955
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Peterborough
Services: ultimate oomph bundle
M500
Posts: 167
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red
I'm just glad VM can offer these Prem HD channels
|
Absolutely. And I for one WILL be paying the £7 to watch SS HD1&2.
As I posted previously, I've have never expected something for nothing, even though I was hoping, that as an XL pack sub and existing SS sub, that I would not have pay any extra. At no point have Virgin said that there would be no additional charge for the HD variant of the Premium channels. Those that keep quoting the NO fee for HD just doesn't wash as that advertising is for the packages applicable at the time. SS & SM HD is going to be additional broadcasts that are now going to be available and therefore new advertising will make it clear where a 'charge' is now applicable.
If your not happy with the charge, then don't pay it. Quite a simple choice.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 17:33
|
#1956
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Services: VIP50
Posts: 325
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrpb
Absolutely. And I for one WILL be paying the £7 to watch SS HD1&2.
As I posted previously, I've have never expected something for nothing, even though I was hoping, that as an XL pack sub and existing SS sub, that I would not have pay any extra. At no point have Virgin said that there would be no additional charge for the HD variant of the Premium channels. Those that keep quoting the NO fee for HD just doesn't wash as that advertising is for the packages applicable at the time. SS & SM HD is going to be additional broadcasts that are now going to be available and therefore new advertising will make it clear where a 'charge' is now applicable.
If your not happy with the charge, then don't pay it. Quite a simple choice.
|
 
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 17:34
|
#1957
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
Posts: 836
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrpb
Absolutely. And I for one WILL be paying the £7 to watch SS HD1&2.
As I posted previously, I've have never expected something for nothing, even though I was hoping, that as an XL pack sub and existing SS sub, that I would not have pay any extra. At no point have Virgin said that there would be no additional charge for the HD variant of the Premium channels. Those that keep quoting the NO fee for HD just doesn't wash as that advertising is for the packages applicable at the time. SS & SM HD is going to be additional broadcasts that are now going to be available and therefore new advertising will make it clear where a 'charge' is now applicable.
If your not happy with the charge, then don't pay it. Quite a simple choice.
|
I will be quite happy to pay £7 for HD 1 and 2 because of the prem league. BUT MY MUM IS DETERMINED SHE WONT ADD IT TO OUR SERVICE 
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 17:35
|
#1958
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Belfast
Services: 200mb broadband, xl tv, m phone, tivo
Posts: 114
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
as a VIP customer is there point ringing up to wrangle a better value deal financially? Im lookin forward to hd premium channels but barely use the broadband and never use the phone deal. thanks in advance guys.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 17:36
|
#1959
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yorkshire
Services: Sky Stream
Posts: 342
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers
BUT MY MUM IS DETERMINED SHE WONT ADD IT TO OUR SERVICE  
|
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 17:38
|
#1960
|
|
RIp Sweetness
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,393
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrpb
Absolutely. And I for one WILL be paying the £7 to watch SS HD1&2.
As I posted previously, I've have never expected something for nothing, even though I was hoping, that as an XL pack sub and existing SS sub, that I would not have pay any extra. At no point have Virgin said that there would be no additional charge for the HD variant of the Premium channels. Those that keep quoting the NO fee for HD just doesn't wash as that advertising is for the packages applicable at the time. SS & SM HD is going to be additional broadcasts that are now going to be available and therefore new advertising will make it clear where a 'charge' is now applicable.
If your not happy with the charge, then don't pay it. Quite a simple choice.
|
I will not pay it , but I only got the V HD box as it stated quiet clearly NO ADDITIONAL MONTHLY CHARGE FOR HD
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 17:39
|
#1961
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
and I shall continue not subscribing to either Sports or Movies...
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 17:40
|
#1962
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,396
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red
OK
My personnel choice but I have just added the SkySports and Movies HD channels to my V+HD box for £7 per month (I'm on a VIP Package)
VM are now taking pre orders today with the official details to be released tomorrow/ detail are given over the phone when you call now but £7 is 100% for all customer wanting these HD channels.
1) The £7 covers Prem HD Sky Sports and Sky Movie Channels
2) If you only subscribe to either Movies or Sports then it will still be £7.
3) Its £7 per box (Optional boxes i.e. you do not have to take on all boxes you choose which one)
3) Channels go live date is 2nd Aug.
Sky BASIC HD channels will be added to XL TV this will include Sky Sports News HD at no extra cost - Dates yet to be confirmed for Sky BASIC HD channels as we already have the Sports News Date.
|
Well I've been conned, I pay for Movies and Sports and have to pay even more to get them in HD, well I'm gonna cancel Movies & Sports ASAP
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 17:42
|
#1963
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Services: VIP50
Posts: 325
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r
Well I've been conned, I pay for Movies and Sports and have to pay even more to get them in HD, well I'm gonna cancel Movies & Sports ASAP
|
Like I said its going to be a personnel choice - at the end of the day your not going to get Sky Sports/Movies in HD without paying for it.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 17:43
|
#1964
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2009
Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
Posts: 836
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Rumour it was a mistake by DS and where it said Sky Virgin and Talk Talk TV- It meant them for the SD varient!
Has been changed
SORRY GUYS! WE MAY NOT GET SKY SPORTS NEWS HD AFTERALL.
|
|
|
19-07-2010, 17:43
|
#1965
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red
at the end of the day your not going to get Sky Sports/Movies in HD without paying for it.
|
No, at the end of the day, it's night
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:25.
|