Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
17-07-2010, 09:04
|
#1666
|
|
Media Watcher
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Essex
Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Posts: 2,416
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitze73
thought this thread was for channels coming soon..... not a speak and spell lesson 
|
Quite correct, but it does become tiresome when many members can't even be bothered to attempt to type in sentences including using capital letters and full stops.
|
|
|
17-07-2010, 09:48
|
#1667
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
only if you are anal about it
|
|
|
|
17-07-2010, 10:08
|
#1668
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Newcastle Staffordshire(Bromley)
Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
Posts: 1,742
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
An update by big red regarding hd channels.
http://vmhd.blogspot.com/
|
|
|
17-07-2010, 10:27
|
#1669
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Romford, Essex
Services: XL BB, XL TV, M Phone
Posts: 40
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge
|
" XL TV customers will get the Sky Basic HD channels and they only way you will get Sports and Movies HD channels is by subscribing to the SD packages/bundles."
Thats pretty obvious though right?! I mean why would you get SSP1/2 and all the Movie HD channels, without subscribing for the SD?!
|
|
|
17-07-2010, 10:37
|
#1670
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 47
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Great news, but I'm somewhat confused as to what warrants a VIP package. I have 3 STB's (2x V+HD and one VHD) XL tv package along with Sky Sports and Movies. I also have 20mb BB and Virgin phone.
Is this VIP, as I've added services over the years?
|
|
|
17-07-2010, 10:39
|
#1671
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Romford, Essex
Services: XL BB, XL TV, M Phone
Posts: 40
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krankor
Great news, but I'm somewhat confused as to what warrants a VIP package. I have 3 STB's (2x V+HD and one VHD) XL tv package along with Sky Sports and Movies. I also have 20mb BB and Virgin phone.
Is this VIP, as I've added services over the years?
|
You'll get the additonal HD channels FREE on your deal my friend, if Big Reds info is accurate.
|
|
|
17-07-2010, 10:41
|
#1672
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 47
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Doing a little dance right now 
Thanks...
BigRed hasn't let us down yet
|
|
|
17-07-2010, 10:50
|
#1673
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2006
Services: TV XL, BB XXL & Telephone
Posts: 82
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Great news if true, I look forward to the HD variants of the Movies & Sports channels as a subscriber of those in addition to the basic HD channels.
|
|
|
17-07-2010, 10:50
|
#1674
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,666
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
I phoned Virgin CS this morning. I have xl package with sports and movies. Was told I would automatically get sky HD sports and movies without having to pay or do anything they would just be added when available
|
|
|
17-07-2010, 10:51
|
#1675
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Romford, Essex
Services: XL BB, XL TV, M Phone
Posts: 40
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost
I phoned Virgin CS this morning. I have xl package with sports and movies. Was told I would automatically get sky HD sports and movies without having to pay or do anything they would just be added when available
|
I for one, am VERY happy with his. Well done Virgin  Roll on August 2nd (but hopefully sooner!!!)
|
|
|
17-07-2010, 10:56
|
#1676
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Big Red says everyone must pay £7 per box; VIP, XL, L, M .
|
|
|
17-07-2010, 10:59
|
#1677
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,666
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
|
|
|
17-07-2010, 11:03
|
#1678
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Services: VIP50
Posts: 325
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Misleading information coming out of VM around prices for Sky HD Prem Channels
But I can confirm that a circulation has being issued to all VM employees and it states Price - £7 per HD Box (Optional i.e. if you have two HD boxes you do not have to take it out on both)
Sorry for any misleading I was 100% sure along with my insider these will be free to XL/VIP customers.
I'm trying to get a copy but the circulation but it has being read line by line by my insider.
I guess if there is any conflicting information within VM we will all know Monday.
|
|
|
17-07-2010, 11:03
|
#1679
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West London
Services: V.I.P
Posts: 1,271
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnadasurf
" XL TV customers will get the Sky Basic HD channels and they only way you will get Sports and Movies HD channels is by subscribing to the SD packages/bundles."
Thats pretty obvious though right?! I mean why would you get SSP1/2 and all the Movie HD channels, without subscribing for the SD?!
|
He has since posted in the comments section that this might not be correct and to wait till Monday.
|
|
|
17-07-2010, 11:03
|
#1680
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Services: 360 box
Posts: 5,875
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblong
Big Red says everyone must pay £7 per box; VIP, XL, L, M .
|
no he didnt
Big Red says....
"VIP customer will get ALL yes ALL HD channels from SKY at no extra cost - XL TV customers will get the Sky Basic HD channels and they only way you will get Sports and Movies HD channels is by subscribing to the SD packages/bundles.
"But I'm guessing that some of the rumours (Square eyes post) are true there will be a charge for these HD channels for M/M+ and L customers. Or simple terms upgrade to XL TV or VIP
"I fully expect us VIP customers to get ALL HD and future HD channels at no extra cost."
Which doesn't contradict what Square Eyes had heard but actually fits in with it. We'll know for sure next week. Thanks to "Big" and "Square" for their insight: always welcome and interesting news.
http://vmhd.blogspot.com/
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:10.
|