Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
11-07-2010, 08:07
|
#1141
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 122
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpafc
I just hope it will be included with no price hike for VIP customers or I shall probably downgrade and do away with sports and movies altogether.
|
same here but i will downgrade my broadband and keep sports at least
|
|
|
11-07-2010, 08:37
|
#1142
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
An extra charge!!!! Now this annoys me, what on earth happened to "HD, at no extra fee". If they try to charge me for these on top of already paying for sky sports and sky movies I may well just pack up the lot.
|
|
|
11-07-2010, 08:54
|
#1143
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: Ultimate Oomph although there is nothing ultimate or oomph about it.
Posts: 856
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpafc
I just hope it will be included with no price hike for VIP customers or I shall probably downgrade and do away with sports and movies altogether.
|
I've already done that very recently. Maybe jumping the gun but ..... I doubt it.
|
|
|
11-07-2010, 09:06
|
#1144
|
|
Guest
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytboi
An extra charge!!!! Now this annoys me, what on earth happened to "HD, at no extra fee". If they try to charge me for these on top of already paying for sky sports and sky movies I may well just pack up the lot.
|
Might be worth waiting just a couple more weeks just to see if there are extra charges for those on TV XL and VIP customers.
Myself i wll not be paying to duplicate channels such as sport which i already take i will make do with sd and V+ upscaling on sports as HD to me simply is not worth an extra charge.
|
|
|
|
11-07-2010, 09:10
|
#1145
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Newcastle Staffordshire(Bromley)
Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
Posts: 1,742
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Any news on sky 1 hd ect media boy?.
What does the pre order mean?for sports and movies hd?.
|
|
|
11-07-2010, 09:10
|
#1146
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Beyond The Sun
Posts: 723
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytboi
An extra charge!!!! Now this annoys me, what on earth happened to "HD, at no extra fee". If they try to charge me for these on top of already paying for sky sports and sky movies I may well just pack up the lot.
|
Yes its annoying but I think you can only complain if there is a price rise for any extra standard HD channels.
I didn't expect the premium HD channels to be included in the 'No Extra Fee' advertising campaign so this news if true comes as no surprise.
Edit: Richard1960 beat me to it
|
|
|
11-07-2010, 09:33
|
#1147
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Can't see it being a tenner like Sky. If its more than a fiver I won't bother.
|
|
|
11-07-2010, 09:38
|
#1148
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Beyond The Sun
Posts: 723
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11
Can't see it being a tenner like Sky. If its more than a fiver I won't bother.
|
I agree, a fiver is probably the most I'll be willing to pay too.
I guess the problem for football fans is that we've had a month of HD coverage at the world cup and now we'll have to go back to SD unless we pay more.
|
|
|
11-07-2010, 10:02
|
#1149
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Coventry
Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
Posts: 1,508
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Well, we know Sky are charging VM an 'incremental wholesale charge', I wonder if the charge increments depending on what pack you're on?
Just as an example (and I stress this is based on purely guesswork on my part):
Sky Premium HD charge (per month):
XL: £5
L: £7
M+ £10
You know what will probably happen next, don't you?
Sky will scrap their HD charge, raise the prices of their packs to compensate for the lost income and then scream from the rooftops: "HD is FREE on Sky, those guys at Virgin will charge you extra!"
|
|
|
11-07-2010, 10:06
|
#1150
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: live in romford essex
Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
Posts: 477
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy
Media Boy EXCLUSIVE:
Five HD will be on Virgin Media by ''End of August''.
I have just found out that Virgin Media plan to launch Sky Sports and Movies HD on the 2nd August with possibly pre ordering from the 19th July.
There will be an extra charge for this service but still no prices as yet.
|
that is gr8 news any new about sky sport and move hd anynew about the interactive come to virgin too  as you know on sky web site the interactive will not be here till 2011 but know news from virgin on this yet ?
|
|
|
11-07-2010, 10:31
|
#1151
|
|
Guest
Location: Essex
Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1234
that is gr8 news any new about sky sport and move hd anynew about the interactive come to virgin too  as you know on sky web site the interactive will not be here till 2011 but know news from virgin on this yet ?
|
Yes see my posting 1125! i emailed vm yesterday and in a reply they stated Red Button interactive on sky sports will launch in 2011 although in their reply they stated it was not their fault. Make of that what you will.
So looks like interactive will be here sometime in 2011.
|
|
|
|
11-07-2010, 10:41
|
#1152
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: live in romford essex
Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
Posts: 477
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
thanks for the new
|
|
|
11-07-2010, 10:46
|
#1153
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,798
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Without the red button on Vm, there is no point in getting Sky Sports, as with Football First, you have to go via the red button. But there again VM never advise you of these things when you go in for it.
|
|
|
11-07-2010, 10:57
|
#1154
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Peterborough
Services: ultimate oomph bundle
M500
Posts: 167
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Obviously not official yet, but don't expect Media Boy info to be incorrect....but its not full info on the possible charging structure....if there is indeed one.
However as I believe I may have alluded to previously, I never expected something for nothing, after all, Virgin will have to pay for taking the HD elements of SSPts and SMvies, and it makes commercial sense to make to charge. I am only interested in SSp HD and will take it even if there is a charge. But I don't think there will be a charge under certain circumstances.
I really don't like specualting or second guessing what a company will do, but I largely think (probably talking tosh as usual....)
1) XL TV already taking SS - No Charge for SS HD
2) XL TV Current No Sub to SS - New SS Sub but no HD - a lower price than current * If taking a new SS + HD, perhaps the equiv price as above + £2 or £3 (but costed not less than scenario 1
Packages other than XL - perhaps slapping a £5 premium to those taking the HD element of SS/SM
|
|
|
11-07-2010, 11:03
|
#1155
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: West Yorkshire
Services: Virgin XL TV, V+, 10mb broadband, phone
Posts: 540
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:50.
|