Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
02-07-2010, 15:50
|
#841
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle
When you were editing it (Last edited by muppetman11; Today at 15:38.) why didn't you get it right?  You misquoted me! 
|
Just don't like people who have nothing constructive to say.
|
|
|
02-07-2010, 16:24
|
#842
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Stop arguing please.
Keep the thread clean and on topic
|
|
|
02-07-2010, 17:46
|
#843
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06
Stop arguing please.
Keep the thread clean and on topic 
|
Ok apologies Felim_Doyle.
---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------
What new channel does everyone think we'll receive first.
|
|
|
02-07-2010, 17:54
|
#844
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Film 4 HD 
I think the rest will come after that by about a week?
|
|
|
02-07-2010, 17:58
|
#845
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06
Film 4 HD 
I think the rest will come after that by about a week?
|
Yeah looking forward to that , my other preferences would be Sky sports Hd , espna Hd and Sky One Hd.
|
|
|
02-07-2010, 18:11
|
#846
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Age: 62
Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Posts: 897
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11
Ok apologies Felim_Doyle.
---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------
What new channel does everyone think we'll receive first.
|
I blame the hot weather or football frustration*. I just find it bewildering when my fellow forum friends take a glass half empty approach to good news about new features that are coming soon. Sorry if I upset you. I do worry about y'all ye know!
I'm pretty sure that all the new stuff from BSkyB will come together and a lot sooner than 'when England win at football' which, if the trailers for Mock the Week are anything to go by, is the new time standard for 'when hell freezes over'.
Darn, my glass is half empty and it's my second one. Dare I have another?
*Just now, on the way back from the shop with my cider, reduced price strawberries and 'expiring soon' cream (see what I've done there - I kinda made it on topic!), I saw a young guy with his mates in an old Volvo 340 which he had painted (with brush and house paint by the looks) white with a cross of Saint George over the entire body. S'pose he's got a tattoo of his ex-girlfriend's name too!
|
|
|
02-07-2010, 18:45
|
#847
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle
I blame the hot weather or football frustration*. I just find it bewildering when my fellow forum friends take a glass half empty approach to good news about new features that are coming soon. Sorry if I upset you. I do worry about y'all ye know!
I'm pretty sure that all the new stuff from BSkyB will come together and a lot sooner than 'when England win at football' which, if the trailers for Mock the Week are anything to go by, is the new time standard for 'when hell freezes over'.
Darn, my glass is half empty and it's my second one. Dare I have another?
*Just now, on the way back from the shop with my cider, reduced price strawberries and 'expiring soon' cream (see what I've done there - I kinda made it on topic!), I saw a young guy with his mates in an old Volvo 340 which he had painted (with brush and house paint by the looks) white with a cross of Saint George over the entire body. S'pose he's got a tattoo of his ex-girlfriend's name too!
|
No worries mate LOL :-)
|
|
|
02-07-2010, 19:24
|
#848
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Seen advert on Sky Sports News.
"Sky Sports 1 HD
Sky Sports 2 HD
Sky Sports 3 HD
Sky Sports 4 HD
Sky Sports News HD
Only on Sky
*Sky Sports News HD launching soon"
So it looks like we may not see it on cable this month, otherwise it is waste of an advert for Sky.
But then I could be wrong?
Time will tell
|
|
|
02-07-2010, 19:35
|
#849
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 716
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
It's only Sky Sports 1 + 2 in HD that Virgin and Sky have agreed carriage for, at the moment
|
|
|
02-07-2010, 19:49
|
#850
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris9991
It's only Sky Sports 1 + 2 in HD that Virgin and Sky have agreed carriage for, at the moment
|
No we won't get Sky Sports 3 or 4 HD. We don't know for sure what has been agreed for the Sky Basics though,and Sky Sports News HD could potentially come as part of this.
|
|
|
02-07-2010, 19:56
|
#851
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Correction, I saw the post on ITV1 HD as I was watching the Ghana match. So it's got to be a proper advert too, and not one of those that the broadcaster themselves can place for free.
|
|
|
02-07-2010, 20:18
|
#852
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06
Correction, I saw the post on ITV1 HD as I was watching the Ghana match. So it's got to be a proper advert too, and not one of those that the broadcaster themselves can place for free.
|
Typical Sky Tactics hope people leave them with there £3.00 increase on Sky Sports.
|
|
|
02-07-2010, 20:21
|
#853
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
They spat their dummy out over the BT thing.
All they care about is the money and not the customers.
|
|
|
02-07-2010, 20:32
|
#854
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06
They spat their dummy out over the BT thing.
All they care about is the money and not the customers.
|
Let's hope it backfires on them. Is the £3.00increase just on Sky Sports ? That seems pricey.
|
|
|
02-07-2010, 20:38
|
#855
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45.
|