My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
21-06-2010, 09:40
|
#61
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B
Yeah, I actually like it now, so good especially the TV guide search 
|
I think it's great. The wife saw an advert for a show called Accidentally on Purpose. I went in and searched for it, the search found it in the TV guide, let me series link it from there and also found the first two episodes that she missed on catch up
|
|
|
21-06-2010, 11:01
|
#62
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06
That would make more sense wouldn't it?
The yellow button seems to be neglected at times 
|
I see where you're coming from but yellow button is for series record on a V+. Nice mockup though.
|
|
|
21-06-2010, 14:27
|
#63
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.munky
I see where you're coming from but yellow button is for series record on a V+. Nice mockup though. 
|
Good point, I forgot about that :P
Thanks though
|
|
|
24-06-2010, 21:37
|
#64
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bournemouth
Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD
Samsung Galaxy s3
Posts: 629
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
|
|
|
28-06-2010, 11:58
|
#65
|
|
EU citizen proud of it!
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Belfast
Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
Posts: 1,446
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
It's in Belfast so it must be nearly fully rolled out!
__________________
advertise here...........
|
|
|
28-06-2010, 12:46
|
#66
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Mar 2005
Services: Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Phone.
Posts: 338
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Available here today as well, but I can only access the new search feature when stopping an on demand program and selecting the new third 'more like this' option. I've also noticed when searching with the new search, for example, The Wire it lists the full 12 episode list while the normal list in the old search and in HBO channel list only shows 8.
|
|
|
28-06-2010, 18:11
|
#67
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Age: 62
Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Posts: 897
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.munky
The navigation on the search screen is a little more complex than on others, but to clarify:
Green - used for Page Up (as is elsewhere).
Blue - could have been used for delete; however that relegates the "More Like This" functionality to an option from the (i) button programme info screen, hence the deviation.
Left button deletes characters while the text input field is highlighted (watch the arrow indication - you will see it change when switching highlight from the results area to the input field). Once you have results, left button will let you switch categories to the left unless you use the up button to put highlight back on the text input field or use number keys to change the search term.
|
When the text input field is highlighted, everything should work as it does elsewhere when editing a text field (e.g. Blue is delete, Left arrow is move left within the text etc.). Then, when you're in the results area Blue and Yellow can take on the appropriate behaviour in that context (More Like This, Series Record etc.) and page up/down is performed by the page up and page down keys. Where is Green Page Up?
The search in BBC iPlayer uses Blue as clear/delete as does set-top-box e-mail which also uses Red to toggle upper/lower case, Green to toggle alpha/number mode, Yellow to access symbols and the arrow keys do what they should: move left, right, up and down. There are several other places where the keys operate like this for editing text and always have done in all of the years that I've had a digital box.
|
|
|
28-06-2010, 22:07
|
#68
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bournemouth
Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD
Samsung Galaxy s3
Posts: 629
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Ive now got the search option now at last.  ..and its really good...so far
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 07:50
|
#69
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Age: 62
Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Posts: 897
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
How'd ya get it fixed Whingey?
It was certainly an odd one and apparently unique to you!
|
|
|
29-06-2010, 09:52
|
#70
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle
When the text input field is highlighted, everything should work as it does elsewhere when editing a text field (e.g. Blue is delete, Left arrow is move left within the text etc.). Then, when you're in the results area Blue and Yellow can take on the appropriate behaviour in that context (More Like This, Series Record etc.) and page up/down is performed by the page up and page down keys. Where is Green Page Up?
The search in BBC iPlayer uses Blue as clear/delete as does set-top-box e-mail which also uses Red to toggle upper/lower case, Green to toggle alpha/number mode, Yellow to access symbols and the arrow keys do what they should: move left, right, up and down. There are several other places where the keys operate like this for editing text and always have done in all of the years that I've had a digital box.
|
Red/Green as PgUp/PgDn are standard elsewhere - TV Guide & other On Demand listings screens, for example. It would be nice to use the actual PgUp/PgDn buttons, I agree, but not all RC units have these. The difficulty is coming up with a standard which works for all boxes and all remotes; given the very large number of possible combinations, in practice this becomes rather difficult. Your focus-sensitive blue button idea sounds rather good, actually - very useful feedback. I'll take that one away, thank you.
|
|
|
30-06-2010, 08:03
|
#71
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Apr 2008
Services: V6 with Maxit, Sky Sports HD, TNT Sports, Sky Cinema. 250Mb broadband, Talk Anytime.
Posts: 645
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Noticed this new search menu yesterday, but there seems to be some teething problems with the catch-up part.
1 - Some BBC programmes (may be others too, but it's these I've noticed) from Sunday/Monday don't seem to be on catch-up. Panorama from Monday for example - I can't see this under A-Z or search.
2 - Search function not finding everything. Take Newsnight. A-Z listing and it finds all the "episodes" you'd expect. Catch-up search and it only finds yesterdays. Not sure if this by accident or design.
I'd also agree it could do with an option at the bottom of the screen to say how many pages of results there are. Page up & down is fine, but "Page x of y" would be good.
I'm in BS37, BTW.
Jon.
|
|
|
30-06-2010, 20:18
|
#72
|
|
Media Watcher
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Essex
Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Posts: 2,416
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
....agree about the teething problems.
This new search feature has landed in my area so I thought I'd give it a quick spin.
When into it, with the blue "more like this" button at the bottom of the page. There were already four selections of programmes there so I pressed the blue "more like this" button on the Scottish parliament programme hoping to get more of the same. (Not sure why I selected Scottish parliament, perhaps I just wanted to see what those Scots were wasting our taxpayers money on...  ). I digress.
But instead of getting more Scotch Parliament action, one of the options was Jeremy Kyle!
Now, I know the Scots are a rough bunch but they're not as bad as that total plonker...
I've just given it one last try, so I pressed the magic blue button on Homes Under The Hammer, an easy subject to find similar stuff, one would think. This is what I got:
Indian Hill Railways
Animal Park
A Century Of Fatherhood
Crop To Shop
Gardener's World
Parallel Worlds, Parallel Lives
At least when I'm bored, I've got a new toy to play with now. I guess Gardener's World is related to stuff about homes, but Parallel Worlds??
|
|
|
01-07-2010, 13:23
|
#73
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 130
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
does anybody know when this roll out is going to be complete? Still no sign of it in the West of Southampton.
|
|
|
01-07-2010, 16:32
|
#74
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul nolan
does anybody know when this roll out is going to be complete? Still no sign of it in the West of Southampton.
|
Everyone should have it as the rollout has now completed
|
|
|
01-07-2010, 17:31
|
#75
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Newcastle Staffordshire(Bromley)
Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
Posts: 1,742
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Can i just ask a question ben does the search say you type in horror mostly horror films come up or with horror in the title does this depend on your chosen package?,i did ask the chap who i beta test for but he had nothing to do with the testing phase.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:05.
|