Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2010, 15:18   #16
BenMcr
Inactive
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnymeg View Post
Have you ever used it? It is so much simpler to see a list off all your messages, who sent them by name and choose which one to play like clicking a track listing.
I cannot imagine having to dial 'voicemail' anymore, that is so yesterday.
You mean like www.hullomail.com that anyone can use?
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-06-2010, 07:59   #17
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive
 
Mr_love_monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London way
Age: 50
Services: Sarcasm
Posts: 8,376
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
I notice some providers are putting a limit on the amount you can transfer via the BT OpenZone WiFi as well...
supposedly it's all because of those pesky file sharers/ downloaders - and not at all seen as a way of making more revenue for the providers at a time when mobile data is becoming more and more commonplace - oh no...
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2010, 22:59   #18
jrhnewark
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: London
Posts: 1,267
jrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of societyjrhnewark is a pillar of society
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.

Orange are currently the most expensive, O2 the next, Vodafone the cheapest on iPhone 4 for me so far. That's unless O2 give me a big upgrade discount as I'm due an upgrade and I can tell them where to stick their lousy network!
jrhnewark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2010, 15:51   #19
zing_deleted
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
You mean like www.hullomail.com that anyone can use?
must thank you for this. Tmobile charge 12 p per voicemail so I basically disable it but thanks to this I can use voicemail again lol I set it up on my HD2 and on my daughters LG android phone. Tried tested and deffo free
  Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2010, 19:02   #20
Jonnymeg
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Here There And Everywhere.
Posts: 520
Jonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of Quads
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
You mean like www.hullomail.com that anyone can use?
Sure, that is a cool app for those that don't have VVM but it would really **** me off to have a feature of the iPhone unavailable and have to use third party apps.
Jonnymeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2010, 23:52   #21
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive
 
Tezcatlipoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 16,760
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.

Visual Voicemail is very handy, but it's not something I'd consider when weighing up which network to go with.

However, I have decided to stick with O2 anyway.

Orange's prices & tariffs did initially tempt me, due to the increase in minutes (600 vs. 300) and data (750MB vs. 500MB) compared to O2, for the £35x18m contract. That temptation though was based upon the assumption that the other networks would charge the same/similar for the handset as Orange.

But of course they're not, as Orange's phone prices are actually £50 more than O2 (& £60 more than Vodafone).

Vodafone's prices & tariffs did tempt me, as they are nigh on identical to O2's (e.g. on the £35x18m contract, they both give you 300 minutes & unlimited SMS, while the phone price only differs by £10)... except for DATA: 1GB with Vodafone vs. O2's seemingly paltry 500MB.

But from looking at my usage...

I don't need Vodafone's 1GB, & that was the only real difference between O2 & Vodafone, so why swap.

I don't even need Orange's 750MB, nor do I need Orange's 600 minutes, so why swap (especially if the phone costs £50 more with Orange).

So, I'll stick with O2 I think. No one else is offering enough to make me change, so I'll stick to the network I know.

However... also from looking at my usage, I really don't need contract allowances. And I'm not sure I want another contract anyway. I like the idea of being free of commitment, & paying less per month... So I'll most likely be getting one SIM free on Thursday, & then I'll just switch to PAYG or Simplicity when my contract ends in July.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 16:03   #22
Jonnymeg
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Here There And Everywhere.
Posts: 520
Jonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of QuadsJonnymeg has a fine set of Quads
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
So I'll most likely be getting one SIM free on Thursday
Best of luck there......unless of course u have pre ordered.
Jonnymeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2010, 21:58   #23
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive
 
Tezcatlipoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 16,760
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnymeg View Post
Best of luck there......unless of course u have pre ordered.
I used the Apple pre-order page on Tuesday to Reserve one for Collection at my local Apple Retail Store.

I would have just ordered one for delivery, but the only option was SIM free, & at the time I still wasn't sure whether I wanted that or a subsidised one on a new contract. Plus of course ordering one online would have meant having to pay before the 24th, & at that point I hadn't yet sold my 3GS.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:31   #24
zantarous
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West London
Services: V.I.P
Posts: 1,271
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one
Re: Iphone 4 - O2 defectors - read this.

I swapped over to Voda from o2 and the first time I used voicemail i relaised how damn good visual voicemail is, having to press a series of buttons and waiting to hear you mail just seems so last decade now. So glad that I set up Hullomail it is just like visual voicemail but with extras.

It may be just a small thing but crappy voicemail systems seem to nark me right off at the moment especially the one we have at work that has one of the worst interfaces I have ever seen.
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:17.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum