My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
17-06-2010, 17:51
|
#46
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bournemouth
Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD
Samsung Galaxy s3
Posts: 629
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic
There's been a slight delay to the last few areas,, hang in there Windy 
|
I will try and "hang in there"..
|
|
|
17-06-2010, 17:58
|
#47
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy
I will try and "hang in there".. 
|
|
|
|
17-06-2010, 18:44
|
#48
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
I take it this hasn't arrived in Wigan yet as my box doesn't seem to have it ?
|
|
|
17-06-2010, 19:28
|
#49
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Newcastle Staffordshire(Bromley)
Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
Posts: 1,742
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Hasn't arrived here in staffs yet either.
|
|
|
18-06-2010, 08:34
|
#50
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2010
Services: V+ HD Samsung 3110
TV XL
BB XXL
Posts: 1
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
This sounds really good. I use On Demand alot and this would help. Any ideas when it will be in the Portsmouth area?
|
|
|
18-06-2010, 10:49
|
#51
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Age: 62
Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Posts: 897
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeNutt
1) A search option should be placed on the main menu
2) Make the "ALL OD" category the default search category
3) If a search does not return any programmes in the default search category, you cannot press left to the preceding category. You can only press right to the next category. (pressing left just backspaces your previous input string). This would not be such a problem if 2) above was implemented.
4) Page numbers are not in the usual format (page x of y).
|
All of the above and this ...
I just bought one of the old Pace remote control keyboards on eBay and I can't get it to work with the search facility. It assumes that you are using a numeric remote control and it does not offer the standard editing interface that you use with e-mail etc. (see also 3 regarding left arrow/backspace above) so you have to use the numeric keys on the keyboard to generate letters, spaces and punctuation!
|
|
|
18-06-2010, 11:14
|
#52
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
To be honest that's because the Keyboards haven't been sold or supported by Virgin for several years now, so the services aren't tested for compatability against them
|
|
|
18-06-2010, 12:59
|
#53
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Age: 62
Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Posts: 897
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
They've deviated from the standard interface that is used elsewhere and that customers are familiar with. Even the left arrow key cannot be used for navigation! The Blue button is supposed to be Delete and Green should toggle between Numeric and Alpha input.
Tell them to confirm to the existing user interface standards both for text editing and navigation!
I think the screen looks a bit ropey too. The navigation tabs just don't look right.
|
|
|
18-06-2010, 14:39
|
#54
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle
They've deviated from the standard interface that is used elsewhere and that customers are familiar with. Even the left arrow key cannot be used for navigation! The Blue button is supposed to be Delete and Green should toggle between Numeric and Alpha input.
Tell them to confirm to the existing user interface standards both for text editing and navigation!
I think the screen looks a bit ropey too. The navigation tabs just don't look right.
|
The navigation on the search screen is a little more complex than on others, but to clarify:
Green - used for Page Up (as is elsewhere).
Blue - could have been used for delete; however that relegates the "More Like This" functionality to an option from the (i) button programme info screen, hence the deviation.
Left button deletes characters while the text input field is highlighted (watch the arrow indication - you will see it change when switching highlight from the results area to the input field). Once you have results, left button will let you switch categories to the left unless you use the up button to put highlight back on the text input field or use number keys to change the search term.
|
|
|
18-06-2010, 16:32
|
#55
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
That would make more sense wouldn't it?
The yellow button seems to be neglected at times
|
|
|
18-06-2010, 19:29
|
#56
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06
That would make more sense wouldn't it?
The yellow button seems to be neglected at times 
|
Can you add a "Play all" button in for me?
|
|
|
18-06-2010, 19:46
|
#57
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
You just reminded me, i've missed out some info about the blue button 
The "More like this" would be replaced with "[Blue] Delete" when inside the text box.
A play all button would be very good. Would be nice to make playlists on the fly too, hopefully a feature for Tivo?
|
|
|
18-06-2010, 23:24
|
#58
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
|
|
|
20-06-2010, 20:26
|
#59
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Telford
Age: 32
Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2
Galaxy S 5 on EE
Posts: 1,034
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
You will hopefully get used to it  It's very helpful!
|
|
|
20-06-2010, 23:44
|
#60
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06
You will hopefully get used to it  It's very helpful!
|
Yeah, I actually like it now, so good especially the TV guide search
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:51.
|