My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
03-06-2010, 07:32
|
#31
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Age: 62
Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Posts: 897
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
You mean "I will get an option at the bottom of the 'Home' screen" at some point in the not too distant future.
I thought that now we are all singing from the same NGTV hymn sheet that we all had the exact same services available to us. So does this mean that there still can be (see Radio Times for) regional head-end variations?
|
|
|
03-06-2010, 09:13
|
#32
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Any new service can still be rollout on on a Regional Headend basis
|
|
|
08-06-2010, 11:24
|
#33
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
You get an option at the bottom of the 'Home' screen with the blue button and the 'Prees Blue to search' or something simliar
|
Ok sorry about this, apparently you don't. I was apparently looking at out of date information
The enhanced search replaces the current search functions in the On Demand areas, so is currently only accessed from there
|
|
|
12-06-2010, 10:47
|
#34
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Croydon
Age: 40
Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Posts: 1,310
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
I don't seem to get this option in Teesside, even though someone above suggested it was.
Has this been temporarily removed? Just curious...
|
|
|
17-06-2010, 12:47
|
#35
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 67
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Some feedback and comments on the new search facility.
On the whole very pleased with it and the speed at which results are returned but a few improvements are required:
1) A search option should be placed on the main menu
2) Make the "ALL OD" category the default search category
3) If a search does not return any programmes in the default search category, you cannot press left to the preceding category. You can only press right to the next category. (pressing left just backspaces your previous input string). This would not be such a problem if 2) above was implemented.
4) Page numbers are not in the usual format (page x of y).
If any of the usual VM staffers on CF would care to pass this on, I'd appreciate it. Thx.
|
|
|
17-06-2010, 13:09
|
#36
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Is it possible to enter a space when searching, e.g. could I search for "big bang theory" rather than "big" to narrow the search?
Another suggestion: When searching Music On Demand, a "Play all" option would be extremely beneficial.
Very impressed with it overall though, well done VM!
|
|
|
17-06-2010, 13:20
|
#37
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
I thought the zero key did a space?
|
|
|
17-06-2010, 13:22
|
#38
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bournemouth
Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD
Samsung Galaxy s3
Posts: 629
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
I still haven't got it.. Why the hell not??
|
|
|
17-06-2010, 13:26
|
#39
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
Posts: 17,929
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy
I still haven't got it.. Why the hell not?? 
|
Not trying to be sarcastic here but you've not got it because the rollout hasn't finished yet.
Anything like this is rolled out in stages to make sure nothing breaks.
|
|
|
17-06-2010, 13:27
|
#40
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
I thought the zero key did a space?
|
Just tried it and you're right Ben, thanks (I could have sworn I tried that!  ). However, it doesn't narrow the results so I think it must now be searching for "Big" or "Bang".
|
|
|
17-06-2010, 13:46
|
#41
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bournemouth
Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD
Samsung Galaxy s3
Posts: 629
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
Not trying to be sarcastic here but you've not got it because the rollout hasn't finished yet.
Anything like this is rolled out in stages to make sure nothing breaks.
|
Someone said that it had all Been rolled out that's why iam getting a little ****ed off.
|
|
|
17-06-2010, 14:10
|
#42
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,070
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy
Someone said that it had all Been rolled out that's why iam getting a little ****ed off.
|
The basic NGTV roll-out is complete but this is additional function on top of that. It has a 'More Like This' function as well.
|
|
|
17-06-2010, 14:44
|
#43
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hell
Age: 50
Posts: 5,956
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
I have to say that i have been reading this thread with bated breath and have to say that this function has just been added here in BARNSLEY. It does make the search alot easier
|
|
|
17-06-2010, 14:58
|
#44
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 67
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Tried the searches: BRO, BROT, BROTH
It did not find Band of Brothers (HD) - of which there are 11 episodes in TVChoice!?
A search for: 'PEA' finds Black Eyed Peas ok though
Looks like there are some bugs to iron out.
|
|
|
17-06-2010, 15:03
|
#45
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: My 1st thread woop! I'm in trial area for new Tivo style (sort of lol) OD search
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy
Someone said that it had all Been rolled out that's why iam getting a little ****ed off.
|
There's been a slight delay to the last few areas,, hang in there Windy
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:38.
|