Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
25-05-2010, 15:20
|
#136
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 38
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by childsy
Anyway, women shouldn't be watching TV, they should be cleaning,cooking and ironing!!!
Whatever your woman is doing, I doubt she's doing it for you!!!
Y'all should be spending quality viewing time with your partners when your not helping out in the kitchen.
She does everything for me!
Wishful thinking and all tongue in cheek!
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 15:33
|
#137
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2010
Services: V.I.P
Posts: 138
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle
My Total Channels and TS Streams went up by one each to 325 and 36 respectively.
I've never known what a TS Stream was (is it to do with MPEG?) but in the past the streams have only increased when large amounts of bandwidth had been made available (e.g. analogue switch-off here in Aylesbury).
It is probably more On Demand content. We shall wait with little or no anticipation.
I Started Out With Nothin And I Still Got Most Of It Left: Seasick Steve
|
My total channels went up today from 329 to 330 and as you say TS stream has gone up to from 35 to 36. Does anyone know of any specific reasons for these changes , anything new coming very soon for instance.
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 19:04
|
#138
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 67
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felim_Doyle
I Started Out With Nothin And I Still Got Most Of It Left: Seasick Steve
|
Like it
|
|
|
27-05-2010, 00:34
|
#139
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2010
Services: VM BB 50mb
VM V HD box cisco 4585dvb
Posts: 58
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
|
|
|
27-05-2010, 11:29
|
#140
|
|
Got inside news - PM me
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Media Boy UK HQ
Posts: 15,148
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Disney Junior to replace Disney Playhouse in 2011.
Disney/ABC Television Group is axing its SoapNet channel in order to launch a new 24-hour preschool kids channel that will replace the Playhouse Disney brand in the US and internationally.
http://www.c21media.net/resources/de...&article=55780
|
|
|
27-05-2010, 11:38
|
#141
|
|
RIp Sweetness
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,393
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
I have just received a call from VM regarding the confusion over the possible launch of ESPN America's HD channel on VM.
They apologised for the CS representatives differing replies and agreed that all CS advisor's should be "singing from the same hymn sheet". They had no news as to when or if the channel would launch, but negotiations about carriage details are private and confidential until a deal is announced.
My concerns are being escalated to a higher level along with my interest in VM carrying the ESPNA HD channel. They did confirm that they are always looking to improve there number of HD channels and that the more people who take the time to express an interest in the channel the better.
So it would appear we are are no nearer to an answer as to when ESPNA hd will be launched.
|
|
|
27-05-2010, 13:20
|
#142
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,313
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear
I have just received a call from VM regarding the confusion over the possible launch of ESPN America's HD channel on VM.
They apologised for the CS representatives differing replies and agreed that all CS advisor's should be "singing from the same hymn sheet". They had no news as to when or if the channel would launch, but negotiations about carriage details are private and confidential until a deal is announced.
My concerns are being escalated to a higher level along with my interest in VM carrying the ESPNA HD channel. They did confirm that they are always looking to improve there number of HD channels and that the more people who take the time to express an interest in the channel the better.
So it would appear we are are no nearer to an answer as to when ESPNA hd will be launched.
|
I've had an email off ESPN who say they are in talks with Virgin Media but talks aren't far enough along to announce a launch date. If you want to see the email pm me your email and I'll forward it on.
|
|
|
27-05-2010, 15:12
|
#143
|
|
RIp Sweetness
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,393
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Thanks muppetman 11, well at least something is happening and hopefully in the not to distant future we will hear good news.
|
|
|
27-05-2010, 17:11
|
#145
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: live in romford essex
Services: skyhd tv ondemnd and the fall pack on tv. bt Broadband - Unlimited BT Infinity 2 .
Posts: 477
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
if BSkyB get virgin channels what in it for us .
|
|
|
27-05-2010, 17:16
|
#146
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 47
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldT
|
I'm really excited about this as it appears we will get Sky Sports and Movies in HD now. Appreciate that a lot of concern is shown by others as to VM bargaining power in the future, but from my perspective I'm a user/viewer and if VM get this HD content on their platform I'll stay with them.
But that's just my take on it all and if I'm honest I can't wait for the HD goodness to come
|
|
|
28-05-2010, 09:34
|
#148
|
|
Born again teenager.
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester. (VM area 20)
Age: 78
Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB.
Phone-Anytime Chatter
Posts: 13,922
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
|
Virgin Media hits the right notes with The KARAOKE Channel
|
Latest press release can be seen here.
__________________
"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx..... "but whilst I do I shall do so disgracefully." Jo Glynne
|
|
|
28-05-2010, 10:47
|
#149
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bradford
Services: L Phone, L Broadband, XL TV, Tivo, V-HD, Xbox 360
Posts: 182
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
BBC One HD coming later in the year to DTT, cable and satellite.
Click here
|
|
|
28-05-2010, 10:53
|
#150
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bournemouth
Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD
Samsung Galaxy s3
Posts: 629
|
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. II
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBD3000
BBC One HD coming later in the year to DTT, cable and satellite.
Click here
|
Sounds good.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:10.
|