12-05-2010, 20:33
|
#31
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Plymouth
Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
Posts: 753
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Quote:
Originally Posted by anap
I've been having similar problems, Eastenders recording 3 times and I still can't delete one of them! Also the V+ will go back to TV after watching a recording whatever option I choose, 'Recordings', 'Live TV' or 'Delete'. I can confirm however that reformatting doesn't help a jot!
|
I've also been having this problem recently, doesn't happen every time though.
|
|
|
12-05-2010, 21:00
|
#32
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
My box has started this behaviour as well, double recordings of some programs and also recording some programs that I never set up at all  . Is there a fix in the pipeline?
|
Yes, but I don't know when.
|
|
|
13-05-2010, 06:02
|
#33
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 41
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Thanks Spidy
|
|
|
13-05-2010, 21:22
|
#34
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nottingham
Services: VVIP500
Posts: 439
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
I have 3 programmes that are rogue recordings as they hold nothing but keep re-appearing in my recorded list every day. These have appeared due to the duplicate recording.
So....if I ever get round to watching the 30+ hours of stuff I have and can use the format will it blast away the series links also? I have over 100 currently and don't really fancy adding them all again
|
|
|
22-05-2010, 21:05
|
#35
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Poole, Dorset
Age: 53
Services: Ex-NTL: Phone M, TV XL (V+), Broadband L. Windows 7 Professional on laptop.
Posts: 114
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
The latest example fo bad EPG progamming is Lost at 5am to 7.30am on Monday
It comes up as as failed recording (i.e. it won't record) because it is clashing with itself (6am to 7.30am)!
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 20:30
|
#36
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Services: V+ XL
Posts: 93
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
It just gets worse. I've just come back from 3 weeks out of the country, to find that on Day 1, True Blood recorded twice and since then, ALL my Series Link recordings have not recorded - zilch. No failed recording messages, nothing.
Phoned Virgin and after was told that I'd set the recordings wrongly (grr, why do they employ such staff), managed to get taken seriously and spoke to a sensible person today. Explained that I reformatted before I went on hols. He has booked an engineer for tomorrow, so I'll report back after that. I'm hoping for one of the new Samsung boxes, these SA ones seem to be falling apart.
|
|
|
25-05-2010, 20:33
|
#37
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Quote:
Originally Posted by shugg mcglummfer
It just gets worse. I've just come back from 3 weeks out of the country, to find that on Day 1, True Blood recorded twice and since then, ALL my Series Link recordings have not recorded - zilch. No failed recording messages, nothing.
Phoned Virgin and after was told that I'd set the recordings wrongly (grr, why do they employ such staff), managed to get taken seriously and spoke to a sensible person today. Explained that I reformatted before I went on hols. He has booked an engineer for tomorrow, so I'll report back after that. I'm hoping for one of the new Samsung boxes, these SA ones seem to be falling apart.
|
If you read the posts by Spiderplant in this thread you will see that it is a EPG issue and changing the box may not have any impact on this issue.
|
|
|
26-05-2010, 00:26
|
#38
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 353
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
I'm going to tempt fate here...
I have not yet had this 'doubling up' problem. So the obvious question is: If it's bad EPG data, why is it not affecting every SA box?
Presumably it depends on which shows you record. I'm currently recording the following shows on my SA V+ using Series Link - anyone had problems with any of these?
BBC1: Casualty
BBCHD: Doctor Who
E4HD: Hollyoaks
SyFyHD: V
Channel 5: CSI, CSI New York, FlashForward
Sky 1: Stargate Universe, Fringe, Bones, 24
LivingHD: Cougar Town
|
|
|
26-05-2010, 07:44
|
#39
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Poole, Dorset
Age: 53
Services: Ex-NTL: Phone M, TV XL (V+), Broadband L. Windows 7 Professional on laptop.
Posts: 114
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
I haven't had the doubling up affect those shows (for me it was mostly True Blood and Ashes to Ashes, both of which have now finished, plus another mini-series on BBC1), however, my series-link dropped off on V, Fringe and Bones (the link to those shows still showing in the list of planned series, but no episodes scheduled for them) meaning I had to re series-link them.
The 5am finale of Lost failed too because it the EPG was telling the V+ that the show was clashing with itself.
|
|
|
26-05-2010, 10:40
|
#40
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Services: V+ XL
Posts: 93
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoimia
I'm going to tempt fate here...
I have not yet had this 'doubling up' problem. So the obvious question is: If it's bad EPG data, why is it not affecting every SA box?
Presumably it depends on which shows you record. I'm currently recording the following shows on my SA V+ using Series Link - anyone had problems with any of these?
BBC1: Casualty
BBCHD: Doctor Who
E4HD: Hollyoaks
SyFyHD: V
Channel 5: CSI, CSI New York, FlashForward
Sky 1: Stargate Universe, Fringe, Bones, 24
LivingHD: Cougar Town
|
My Series Links vanished for Stargate Universe, 24, Flash Forward, Dr Who (non-HD).
|
|
|
26-05-2010, 10:55
|
#41
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Poole, Dorset
Age: 53
Services: Ex-NTL: Phone M, TV XL (V+), Broadband L. Windows 7 Professional on laptop.
Posts: 114
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Quote:
Originally Posted by shugg mcglummfer
My Series Links vanished for Stargate Universe, 24, Flash Forward, Dr Who (non-HD).
|
Mine could very well have dropped off for SGU, 24 & FF too.
It seemed to happen to lots at once and it's only the ones that I missed episodes of that I remember especially, and a couple I had to change anyway because of there being more than 2 things on at once on their first showings  (*trashTVjunkie*  )
|
|
|
26-05-2010, 11:07
|
#42
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 353
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Quote:
Originally Posted by shugg mcglummfer
My Series Links vanished for Stargate Universe, 24, Flash Forward, Dr Who (non-HD).
|
Ah! So my question seems reasonable: Why is it not affecting all people the same? Presumably the hardware, software and EPG data are the same - so you'd think the same would happen to everyone. Unless it somehow relates to specific combinations of programmes.
The only other thing I can think of is whether there's a difference between the regions - i.e. those who are ex-NTL and those who are ex-Telewest. I'm ex-NTL, how about you?
Just as an addendum to my earlier list, I also had True Blood set to record from FXHD, and didn't have any problems with that.
As I said in another thread, I've had occasional episodes missed by the series link in the last few weeks. But as yet, still no doubling up... fingers crossed!
|
|
|
26-05-2010, 15:24
|
#43
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newbury
Services: VIP Collection + TIVo
Additional Tivo
Posts: 349
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Just noticed this thread, I have had the same problems with doubling up.
Also misses series links - showing no details...have had to cancel and reset the SL, and hey presto then all OK.
I've also had a clash shown when it only shows 2 programmes to record !!
Cancel one and re-record and all OK
A reboot normally sorts it out.
Is this all down to the EPG or is the box faulty??
 
|
|
|
26-05-2010, 16:29
|
#44
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Services: V+ XL
Posts: 93
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Further to my previous post, engineer called and "surprise", all he did was change the box. No opinion offered re doubling-up or failed recordings, other than blaming the broadcasters for not updating the EPG. All he said was how great V+ is. No Samsung boxes available here in Scotland apparently, so I'll have to see how this SA box performs.
Such is life.
|
|
|
14-06-2010, 11:17
|
#45
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newbury
Services: VIP Collection + TIVo
Additional Tivo
Posts: 349
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Quote:
Originally Posted by shugg mcglummfer
Further to my previous post, engineer called and "surprise", all he did was change the box. No opinion offered re doubling-up or failed recordings, other than blaming the broadcasters for not updating the EPG. All he said was how great V+ is. No Samsung boxes available here in Scotland apparently, so I'll have to see how this SA box performs.
Such is life.
|
Same thing here - - but the new box was Samsung...
So far so good...
Luck of the draw I expect
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:46.
|