22-04-2010, 18:38
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Services: V+ XL
Posts: 93
|
Recording Twice Issues
Hmm, I have had Doctors (BBC1) and Neighbours (C5) set as series links every day (for the wife, natch), both 1345-1415. Today, Doctors recorded twice & Neighbours didn't record at all! In Planned Programmes, Neighbours is still sitting there all lonesome.
If I hadn't checked this morning, it would look like Doctors was set up as Series Link and as an individual planned recording, but it wasn't, I know it wasn't.
Has anyone ever had this sort of thing happen to them? I have had failed recordings, for no reason at all, but not doubled recordings.
|
|
|
22-04-2010, 19:12
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
Posts: 5,536
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
To be honest..I would delete both, and be happy my box skipped them
|
|
|
22-04-2010, 19:16
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,931
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
I just tried setting the leaders debate to record and got informed of a clash, went in planned recordings and one recording was planned to record twice! Have removed one of them now
|
|
|
22-04-2010, 19:37
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
Posts: 5,536
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
There was an issue I had before, when recording a show, that wasn't the first instance, eg it first shows on a Monday night, but is repeated on a Thursday late. If I set it to record the second one as a series, it seemed to record other times too. Only happen a couple of times, to certain shows.
I normally keep an eye on it..oh, wait, two eyes on it
|
|
|
22-04-2010, 22:05
|
#5
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
We are getting this every time my wife records Emmerdale and Coronation Street and tonight we ended up with 4 not 2 Emmerdales and 2 not 1 Corries, I will ask in work tomorrow if the is a known issue causing this problem.
I am using a SA V+.
|
|
|
22-04-2010, 22:14
|
#6
|
|
Guest
Location: newcastle upon tyne
Services: Sky Q silver bundle
Sky Q 2TB box
Sky Q mini box
Sky fibre unlimited
Sky Talk evenings and week
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque
We are getting this every time my wife records Emmerdale and Coronation Street and tonight we ended up with 4 not 2 Emmerdales and 2 not 1 Corries, I will ask in work tomorrow if the is a known issue causing this problem.
I am using a SA V+.
|
we noticed that in the planned recordings menu that most programs had duplicated i.e 2 instances of corry st ect to tape at the same time this apeared to happen when the clocks went forward ,may be a coincidence
|
|
|
|
23-04-2010, 07:37
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Poole, Dorset
Age: 53
Services: Ex-NTL: Phone M, TV XL (V+), Broadband L. Windows 7 Professional on laptop.
Posts: 114
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
We've had this with lots of shows- Ashes to Ashes being one example.
We get notified of a ercording clash by the V+ box, but when you check the planned recordsings you can see that the clash is because the box is wanting to record the same show twice at the same time (like you are describing). We have found that if yo try and delete one of the recordings then both of them go from the planned recordings list. So you have to leave the clash or you don't get anything recorded.
I think this is down to bad data in the EPG.
Sometimes we'll get one record, and the other fail, and if you delete the failed one the good one goes too!
Along the same lines is where several shows dropped off series link- presumably because the EPG got a new entry for forthcoming episodes of a show rather than a continuation of the previous episodes.
|
|
|
23-04-2010, 08:33
|
#8
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Nottingham
Services: VVIP500
Posts: 439
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
I have had the duplicate recording issue a couple of times. Last Saturday evening it had 2 recordings of the Football League show with one 5 minutes earlier than the other for some bizarre reason.
My box has become particularly flakey for things like this recently.
Also I find I have clashes when I don't really just because of the padding I added but I thought if there were clashes it stopped the padding?
Say I have 2 recordings for 9-10 and then another 2 for 10-11. One of the 10-11 says it will not record. Now if I cancel the recording for the 9-10 and manually add them again then the 10-11 will say it is ok.
Very annoying and if I were not to spot it or went away for a period of time then it would be a fail. Hope Tivo software irons out these little things as it does seem to work sometimes.
|
|
|
23-04-2010, 08:53
|
#9
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
I asked a colleague who said the box may need reformatting to resolve the issue as she has not heard of this issue and you would all be advised to call in for them to check properly and ascertain if this is a issue that needs investigating.
|
|
|
27-04-2010, 07:16
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manchester South
Services: BB XL
Posts: 718
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
I've had 2 Ashes to Ashes, and 2 Doctor Who's, and yet mine has also skipped some planned recordings altogether and there were no clashes with other recordings.
I'm hoping its just a glitch........
|
|
|
27-04-2010, 08:31
|
#11
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
I have checked again with Digital TV colleagues and again was advised to reformat the machine and if it still continues to call in and report it as a fault.
They have not heard of this issue but all 3 advised me to reformat.
|
|
|
27-04-2010, 08:42
|
#12
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Nooooo!!! Don't reformat. It's caused by incorrect EPG data being broadcast, and a reformat won't make any difference.
Just delete the unwanted recordings, either from Planning Programmes if you notice them before they have recorded, or from Recorded Programmes afterwards.
|
|
|
27-04-2010, 08:46
|
#13
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant
Nooooo!!! Don't reformat. It's caused by incorrect EPG data being broadcast, and a reformat won't make any difference.
Just delete the unwanted recordings, either from Planning Programmes if you notice them before they have recorded, or from Recorded Programmes afterwards.
|
I have not done anything with my box as yet due to recordings I still have to watch and my issue is just with ITV but I see people with other channels doing the same.
They need to let the First line DTV agents know about this as 3 have said reformat up to now.
We only find out about it after the recording has finished and 2 copies appear of the same programme.
|
|
|
01-05-2010, 12:58
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
I've been having this problem for a couple of weeks. Last night's was a doozy: four recordings of True Blood on FXHD, one OK, two 'failed', one 'recovered content' - that one also showed up in 'planned programmes', to be recorded 'yesterday'. So that's three channels it's happened on so far, BBC, ITV and FXHD. I'm reluctant to reformat at the moment too as I've got a lot of unwatched recordings at the moment. Can it just be coincidence that several of us are getting this issue only recently?
|
|
|
03-05-2010, 08:13
|
#15
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 33
|
Re: Doctors records twice & Neighbours fails
Similar problems here. I've had a few series links 'double up' (mostly soaps) on me lately, causing recordings to fail.
On Friday night I had Ashes to Ashes on BBC HD set to record at 9 & True Blood on FXHD at 10. I noticed at about 10.15 that the recording light was not on - looked at the relevant page on the EPG & it had two recordings of True Blood set, both not working because of too many recordings set (True Blood was the only thing set to record) & Ashes to Ashes had failed. Next morning Ashes to Ashes was sitting there ready to watch, claiming to still be recording. I've since watched it & deleted it three times, but it keeps reappearing the next day or when the box is rebooted.
Does anyone have any idea if it's the box, or a problem with the EPG? I did seem to start noticing these duplicate issues around the same time as other people in this thread. Like a few others, I have a few recordings I'd like to watch before getting Virgin involved.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:31.
|