Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netgear wireless router problems HELP!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netgear wireless router problems HELP!

Old 28-01-2010, 19:08   #1
agroves06
Inactive

agroves06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Netgear wireless router problems HELP!

Hello I hope somebody on here can help me?
I have a Netgear dg834g v3 wireless router which has been updated to the lastest software,
A acer latop running windows XP sp3,
3G dongle
sony playstation 3,
ethernet cable.
When I connect the ethernet cable from the laptop to the ps3 I can connect to the internet because I have shared the connection and I can transfer files (music,pics ect) no problems.
But when I connect the ethernet cable to the router turn the wifi on the ps3 picks up the router but wont connect to the internet ( dns error) but when I load the router settings up and do a internet test from the router it works fine? and it see's the windows media folder but when i try and see my files on the ps3 its says empty and I get DLNA protocol error 501 message.

help me plz its doin my head in

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

well ive done it somehow its somethink to do with bridgeing connections but it keeps say theres an I.P. conflict with another computer and it not working again.
agroves06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-01-2010, 19:11   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netgear wireless router problems HELP!!!

Turn off Bridge, set each piece of equipment to aquire an IP address automatically (dhcp) and make sure the router's dhcp is turned on. Then reboot the router first then each other item afterwards
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2010, 19:38   #3
agroves06
Inactive

agroves06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Netgear wireless router problems HELP!!!

do i use a static I.P. address on the router or set it to Get Dynamically From ISP?

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

ive deleted the bridge and set all the network connections so they find an I.P address auto and dhcp is enabled but i cant enable dhcp on my internet connection icon is this ok?
agroves06 is offline   Reply With Quote