Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problem with Virgin mobile PAYG topup voucher

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Problem with Virgin mobile PAYG topup voucher
Closed Thread

Old 23-12-2009, 19:45   #1
highlandlassie
Inactive

highlandlassie has a spectacular aura about themhighlandlassie has a spectacular aura about themhighlandlassie has a spectacular aura about themhighlandlassie has a spectacular aura about them
Problem with Virgin mobile PAYG topup voucher

My husband gave me a christmas card today with a £20.00 top-up voucher.

My problem is my PAYG is with Orange - the shop he bought it from are refusing to exchange it, and virgin mobile are also refusing to help, who were very cheeky and a couldn't care less attitude. I also phoned ntl cancellations and explained and advised them that I am considering cancelling my ntl account, due to attitude from Virgin mobile ( contract ends in Feb 2010)

I am stuck with a voucher that is no use to me. My daughter sent an email in work (600+ staff) and noone uses virgin.

Is there anyway I can get the money back, can it be credited to my to my ntl account?

thanks in advance for replies
Advertisement
Old 23-12-2009, 19:53   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Problem with Virgin mobile PAYG topup voucher

Your Husband bought a £20 topup for an Orange phone and you're expecting Virgin to sort it out? It's got nothing to do with Virgin but it's a shame the shop won't exchange it if it's unused! If it has been opened then i can understand why they won't refund though.
Old 23-12-2009, 19:55   #3
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandlassie View Post
My husband gave me a christmas card today with a £20.00 top-up voucher.

My problem is my PAYG is with Orange - the shop he bought it from are refusing to exchange it, and virgin mobile are also refusing to help, who were very cheeky and a couldn't care less attitude. I also phoned ntl cancellations and explained and advised them that I am considering cancelling my ntl account, due to attitude from Virgin mobile ( contract ends in Feb 2010)

I am stuck with a voucher that is no use to me. My daughter sent an email in work (600+ staff) and noone uses virgin.

Is there anyway I can get the money back, can it be credited to my to my ntl account?

thanks in advance for replies

I think leaving Virgin media due to this is a bit of silly thing to threaten, why is it Virgins Fault? Sorry But I don't understand the logic.

Your the typical customer threaten etc to try and "get your way"
Old 23-12-2009, 20:15   #4
highlandlassie
Inactive

highlandlassie has a spectacular aura about themhighlandlassie has a spectacular aura about themhighlandlassie has a spectacular aura about themhighlandlassie has a spectacular aura about them

Read my question - NO my husband bought virgin topup voucher - I don't have virgin mobile my contract is with Orange.
Quote:
I think leaving Virgin media due to this is a bit of silly thing to threaten, why is it Virgins Fault? Sorry But I don't understand the logic.

Your the typical customer threaten etc to try and "get your way"

Excuse me, I work in a customer service sector, and know what a "typical customer" is.
Old 23-12-2009, 20:17   #5
webcrawler2050
Inactive

webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Read my question - NO my husband bought virgin topup voucher - I don't have virgin mobile my contract is with Orange.

Excuse me, I work in a customer service sector, and know what a "typical customer" is.

Right so WHY are you threatening to leave Virgin because your husband bought an Orange voucher.
Old 23-12-2009, 20:32   #6
highlandlassie
Inactive

My husband did not buy an orange voucher - he bought a VIRGIN voucher - I DO NOT have a virgin mobile phone - I called virgin and they told me to sell it on to someone who had a virgin mobile phone.

All I am asking is will they credit it to my VM account, as I do not know anyone with a virgin PAYG
Old 23-12-2009, 20:35   #7
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Quote:
My husband did not buy an orange voucher - he bought a VIRGIN voucher - I DO NOT have a virgin mobile phone - I called virgin and they told me to sell it on to someone who had a virgin mobile phone.

All I am asking is will they credit it to my VM account, as I do not know anyone with a virgin PAYG

Virgin Mobile and Virgin Media are two "seperate" companies with seperate systems in some ways. If it is unopened, then take it back to the store, with your receipt.
Old 23-12-2009, 20:41   #8
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Your beef is with the shop that sold the voucher not virgin. Go beat up on them instead

Gee some people

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Old 23-12-2009, 20:49   #9
highlandlassie
Inactive

Have tried that and they say by law they don't have to give a refund - phoned consumer direct and they say with topups they do not have to do a refund.

If there is any help online that can help I would appreciate the help, I can't find anything
Old 23-12-2009, 20:49   #10
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Ok, I think everybody needs to take a step back here and calm down.....thank you.
Old 23-12-2009, 20:59   #11
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

You expecting Virgin Media to do anything about this is asking a LOT - it's not their problem and if they refused I have to say I'd agree with them.

I sympathise with you but it's nobody's fault but your husband's - it's like buying the wrong item from Tesco then expecting Asda to take it back.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 23-12-2009, 21:43   #12
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Have tried that and they say by law they don't have to give a refund - phoned consumer direct and they say with topups they do not have to do a refund.

If there is any help online that can help I would appreciate the help, I can't find anything
The best you can do is put it on eBay, I reckon. You'll only get some of the money back that way, but it's better than nothing.

You could always try and take your husband back to the shop instead ...
Old 23-12-2009, 23:09   #13
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Closed at the request of the OP.

On a personal note I'll say that I'm extremely disappointed with the tone of some of the replies made to the original question. Remember that there are ways, and ways of responding to someone.
Old 24-12-2009, 15:23   #14
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered stars

I will not be as diplomatic as Rob - the attitude of some members in this thread is appalling. I will be watching these members very carefully after this, as the attitude shown in this thread will NOT be tolerated on this forum.

Baby, I was born this way.
Closed Thread