Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | receiving Duplicate Text Messages

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

receiving Duplicate Text Messages

Old 29-06-2009, 17:02   #1
ferdy
Inactive

ferdy is an unknown quantity at this point
receiving Duplicate Text Messages

I am new to Virgin Mobile having been with Orange for over 5 years but was tempted by the £8.50 deal. The change over was rather torturous but we got there in the end. LG500 phone supplied. Very pretty and I have just about got my head round it. However, I now find that I am getting random duplicate texts sent to me from contacts who I have queried the problem with and never experienced a problem with before when I was using Virgin. I havent got duplicate contacts on handset and phone either. I spoke to Virgin technical people and the service guy was rather dismissive and said that I was very lucky that it had never happened before to me. His advice was to swap out the sim with my old phone and see if it happened still. BUT seeing as how I am already a Virgin Broadband and Phone customer and have experienced their disastrous customer services before (WHY I ever let myself get talked into swapping mobile providers to them I dont know) - I thought I would just check to see if anyone else is experiencing a problem? Thanks.
ferdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2009, 17:40   #2
rickyg01
Inactive

rickyg01 has a spectacular aura about themrickyg01 has a spectacular aura about themrickyg01 has a spectacular aura about themrickyg01 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: receiving Duplicate Text Messages

ive always found virgin mobile support good,

so that would be a good swap.

ive had that happen before but it wasn't with virgin, and it ended up being a handset problem, ( something like the text part off the network wasnt receiveing a response back saying the handset recieved it so kept sending it )

try the sim card in a different phone,
rickyg01 is offline   Reply With Quote