Friday's problem still ongoing
20-04-2009, 18:31
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Manchester
Services: 4mb At last!
Posts: 20
|
Friday's problem still ongoing
Hi, Had a Small problem since friday i can't get on certain web sites EG:
http://www.theinquirer.net/
Also play a game Called Trackmania i can't get on that as well
I'am behind a router, if i bypass the router it all works, Which i thought the router was the problem, but i know other people are having the same problem since Friday, Think its a regional problem as well, as a live in the northwest, got a friend in London tried his and it works ok
|
|
|
20-04-2009, 18:38
|
#2
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,102
|
Re: Friday's problem still ongoing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz.
Hi, Had a Small problem since friday i can't get on certain web sites EG:
http://www.theinquirer.net/
Also play a game Called Trackmania i can't get on that as well
I'am behind a router, if i bypass the router it all works, Which i thought the router was the problem, but i know other people are having the same problem since Friday, Think its a regional problem as well, as a live in the northwest, got a friend in London tried his and it works ok
|
I am in the North West (Warrington) and i can get on theinquirer no problem, BTW i am fed from the South Manchester pop via Warrington
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
20-04-2009, 18:53
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 562
|
Re: Friday's problem still ongoing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz.
Hi, Had a Small problem since friday i can't get on certain web sites EG:
http://www.theinquirer.net/
Also play a game Called Trackmania i can't get on that as well
I'am behind a router, if i bypass the router it all works, Which i thought the router was the problem, but i know other people are having the same problem since Friday, Think its a regional problem as well, as a live in the northwest, got a friend in London tried his and it works ok
|
I'm getting the same problem with http://www.vnunet.com which, according to nslookup, is on the same sub-net.
Someone (you?) has posted the 'inquirer' issue on the newsgroups. I've posted there as well. Will post back if I get an answer.
(P.S. I'm on cpc3-bagu10-2-0-xxxxxxx.1-3.cable.virginmedia.com)
|
|
|
20-04-2009, 18:54
|
#4
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Hertfordshire
Age: 53
Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Posts: 1,113
|
Re: Friday's problem still ongoing
Ive been having problems with google for the past day or so, but using Virginmedia proxy took care of it.
webcache.virginmedia.com - port 8080
Not ideal but at least a temporary fix.
|
|
|
20-04-2009, 18:55
|
#5
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Friday's problem still ongoing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz.
Hi, Had a Small problem since friday i can't get on certain web sites EG:
http://www.theinquirer.net/
Also play a game Called Trackmania i can't get on that as well
I'am behind a router, if i bypass the router it all works, Which i thought the router was the problem, but i know other people are having the same problem since Friday, Think its a regional problem as well, as a live in the northwest, got a friend in London tried his and it works ok
|
Try this link on how to set a proxy as the are some routing issues at the moment.
Have you tried a proxy. http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34773822-post18.html
Or you can try http://www.opendns.com/
Similar post to Rik
|
|
|
20-04-2009, 18:57
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 562
|
Re: Friday's problem still ongoing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldova
|
Proxy might work. I've tried two different DNS servers (but not OpenDNS) with the same results.
|
|
|
20-04-2009, 19:18
|
#7
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,102
|
Re: Friday's problem still ongoing
It might be working for me because i am on the 50 meg which is routed differently i am no reliably informed.
cpc4-warr6-2-0-cust8.1-1.cable.virginmedia.com
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
20-04-2009, 19:23
|
#8
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Manchester
Services: 4mb At last!
Posts: 20
|
Re: Friday's problem still ongoing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir John Luke
I'm getting the same problem with http://www.vnunet.com which, according to nslookup, is on the same sub-net.
Someone (you?) has posted the 'inquirer' issue on the newsgroups. I've posted there as well. Will post back if I get an answer.
(P.S. I'm on cpc3-bagu10-2-0-xxxxxxx.1-3.cable.virginmedia.com)
|
I've not posted on newsgroups, tried the proxy but no joy at all
I'am on cpc3-bagu2-0-0-xxxxxxx0.bagu.cable.ntl.com
|
|
|
21-04-2009, 13:17
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: South Wales
Age: 36
Services: XXL BB + M Phone
Posts: 485
|
Re: Friday's problem still ongoing
Not being able to get on the inquirer may very well be a good thing ^_^
|
|
|
21-04-2009, 15:18
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 562
|
Re: Friday's problem still ongoing
From the newsgroup:-
"Don't worry about the trace information showing the destination on hop 1. I
can easily replicate the fault from your CMTS, bagu-cmts-10, to both sites
and it's safe to assume this issue will affect any sites within the range
62.140.213.1/24. I have passed this issue to our network support team to
investigate the routing failure on man-bb-a-so-711-0. The fault reference is
F000966253. We apologise for any ongoing inconvenience this issue may be
causing."
|
|
|
21-04-2009, 17:47
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
|
Re: Friday's problem still ongoing
I have also been having problems with Trackmania since Friday. I haven't noticed any website problems though.
Already use openDNS, and tried the proxy setup, and it worked once last night, but not today.
I am in Wakefield, and know about people in Scotland with the same problem.
|
|
|
21-04-2009, 18:57
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Age: 48
Posts: 13,995
|
Re: Friday's problem still ongoing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius
It might be working for me because i am on the 50 meg which is routed differently i am no reliably informed.
cpc4-warr6-2-0-cust8.1-1.cable.virginmedia.com
|
Heya,
He's also on a 10k but Baguley not Warrington. Probably an issue confined to some of Baguley's CMTS IP range.
|
|
|
22-04-2009, 06:41
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 562
|
Re: Friday's problem still ongoing
...and now fixed (at least for me)
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:33.
|