Upgraded a few in Feb to 10MB, but now only get 5MB?
06-04-2009, 22:26
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 4,988
|
Upgraded a few in Feb to 10MB, but now only get 5MB?
ok, as above... due to the below post:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34770053-post28.html
I've now found out that my broadband has been downgraded!?!? I upgraded to 10MB in Feb, from 2MB. (just before the auto upgrade  ) Last month's bill says I'm on Broadband L. Looking on the V Stuff site, broadband L means 5MB. However, I upgraded to 10MB.
I've done a speedtest.net test and it's come back at 5MB.
How has VM downgraded me from 10MB to 5MB without informing me or more to the fact, why are they still continuing to charge me for a 10MB
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 22:27
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Scotland
Age: 53
Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
Posts: 2,849
|
Re: Upgraded a few in Feb to 10MB, but now only get 5MB?
Broadband L is 10Mb.
There is no 5Mb, never has been.
I think 5MB is how much you are allowed to back up onto MyStuff.
Just checked it's 5GB you can back up.
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 22:30
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 4,988
|
Re: Upgraded a few in Feb to 10MB, but now only get 5MB?
ok, I've just realised I'm not going to look a right tit...come on first post?!!?
on a side, why is speedtest.net saying I've only got 5MB conn is VM that contented bad it's completely bitched in the evenings?
---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 23:29 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by moaningmags
Broadband L is 10Mb.
There is no 5Mb, never has been.
I think 5MB is how much you are allowed to back up onto MyStuff.
Just checked it's 5GB you can back up.
|
cheers  ... any ideas why speedtest.net says I've obly got a 0.5MB conn?
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 22:32
|
#4
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Upgraded a few in Feb to 10MB, but now only get 5MB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar
ok, as above... due to the below post:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34770053-post28.html
I've now found out that my broadband has been downgraded!?!? I upgraded to 10MB in Feb, from 2MB. (just before the auto upgrade  ) Last month's bill says I'm on Broadband L. Looking on the V Stuff site, broadband L means 5MB. However, I upgraded to 10MB.
I've done a speedtest.net test and it's come back at 5MB.
How has VM downgraded me from 10MB to 5MB without informing me or more to the fact, why are they still continuing to charge me for a 10MB
|
Check this link out you get 5Gb storage on V Stuff and if that was your download speed you would not be moaning about it
http://www.virginmedia.com/myvirginm...find-out-more/
Beat me to it Mags
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 22:33
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Scotland
Age: 53
Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
Posts: 2,849
|
Re: Upgraded a few in Feb to 10MB, but now only get 5MB?
I personally think Speedtest.net is mince, never ever gives my correct download speed which is 20Mb.
http://gamefiles.virginmedia.com/blu...demos/?C=S;O=D
Go there, select a file, select to save it and take note of the transfer rate. If it's not 1.2MB/s, leave it running and select a 2nd file from the page, sit them side by side and add the transfer rates together.
This will give a clearer indication.
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 22:36
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Newcastle and Horsham
Services: On-cable: TV-L, BB-L, Phone-M.
Off-cable: Sky+ HD, Plusnet Unlimited.
Posts: 1,432
|
Re: Upgraded a few in Feb to 10MB, but now only get 5MB?
What package does My VM say you are on? (see attached screenshot)
|
|
|
06-04-2009, 22:38
|
#7
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Upgraded a few in Feb to 10MB, but now only get 5MB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendippers
What package does My VM say you are on? (see attached screenshot)
|
Thats Exceedingly Good of you, I bet you have never heard that one before
|
|
|
07-04-2009, 07:52
|
#8
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: At My Desk
Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
Posts: 3,009
|
Re: Upgraded a few in Feb to 10MB, but now only get 5MB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar
ok, I've just realised I'm not going to look a right tit...come on first post?!!?
on a side, why is speedtest.net saying I've only got 5MB conn is VM that contented bad it's completely bitched in the evenings?
---------- Post added at 23:30 ---------- Previous post was at 23:29 ----------
cheers  ... any ideas why speedtest.net says I've obly got a 0.5MB conn?
|
Best ay to check your speed go to http://gamefiles.virginmedia.com/blu...win32/?C=S;O=D and download two files and if your speed reaches anywhere near 1200Kb/s then your fine
|
|
|
07-04-2009, 09:40
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 4,988
|
Re: Upgraded a few in Feb to 10MB, but now only get 5MB?
Two downloads give me a 600KB/sec and 554KB/sec.
|
|
|
07-04-2009, 10:06
|
#10
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In a world of no buffering!!
Services: Samsung V+ XL TV
XL Phone
30Mb Superhub
Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Posts: 20,915
|
Re: Upgraded a few in Feb to 10MB, but now only get 5MB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspar
Two downloads give me a 600KB/sec and 554KB/sec.
|
If that is 2 consecutive downloads then you add them together and multiply by 8 which gives your speed as around 9/10Mb.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:39.
|