What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
14-03-2009, 16:26
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Midlands
Services: V+
TV:XL
Broadband:XL
Telco:XL
Posts: 796
|
What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Here's one for you people. I'll get it started...
Strangest thing i've ever had is Lymphitis (not sure how to spell it).
Basically all the lymph glands in my body swoll up. Including some glands in my groin.
Was banned from using my manparts for months!
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 16:43
|
#2
|
|
NUTS !!
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,316
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
I got pancreatitis after taking azathioprine just for a couple of days. Ended up in hospital in total agony and wasn't allowed to eat for 3-4 days, thought I was dying.
The scariest has be a bad asthma attack and having to be rushed to hospital as was close to death.
My PKD and Crohn's are just as bad though.
__________________
Oh what fun it is
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 16:58
|
#3
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,181
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
I don't know if you'd call it an illness but I suffer from sleep apnea and I hate it.
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 17:00
|
#4
|
|
Born again teenager.
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manchester. (VM area 20)
Age: 78
Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB.
Phone-Anytime Chatter
Posts: 13,922
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
I have probably one of the longest named conditions, idiopathic Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia (AIHA) and I am more likely to meet a dog suffering from it than another human being.
Still at least this means that there is quite a bit of research being done seeing as, if it isn't to do with cancer, people are more likely to donate money for research if an animal is concerned.
__________________
"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx..... "but whilst I do I shall do so disgracefully." Jo Glynne
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 17:11
|
#5
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,034
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Kidney stones.
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 17:19
|
#6
|
|
vox populi vox dei
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 15,565
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B
I don't know if you'd call it an illness but I suffer from sleep apnea and I hate it.
|
i suffer from the 4 year old next door waking me up at 4am every day which makes me very grumpy .
__________________
To be or not to be, woke is the question Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous wokedome, Or to take arms against a sea of wokies. And by opposing end them.
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 17:32
|
#7
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,396
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Back in the early 80's Appendicitis, as they where taking it out it burst and I then had perentitus which nearly killed me.
I only found out about the later some 20 years later.
I was out of school for 2 months, and everyday I had to have a salty bath as hot as I could take.
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 17:32
|
#8
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: At My Desk
Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
Posts: 3,009
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzzlemonkey
Here's one for you people. I'll get it started...
Strangest thing i've ever had is Lymphitis (not sure how to spell it).
Basically all the lymph glands in my body swoll up. Including some glands in my groin.
Was banned from using my manparts for months! 
|
What would happen to you if you did use your man parts would you die?
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 17:34
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Midlands
Services: V+
TV:XL
Broadband:XL
Telco:XL
Posts: 796
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne
idiopathic Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia (AIHA)
|
*Curious* So what exactly is this then?
My friend had a really long winded named condition (can't remember what it is now but the name was stupidly long) and all he did was twitch constantly! lol.
---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandking
What would happen to you if you did use your man parts would you die?
|
No. I'd potentially lose a lot of weight. And for those of you who really know me. AKA broadbandking..You know i'm only small anyway so weight loss wouldn't benefit me much! lol
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 17:36
|
#10
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: At My Desk
Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
Posts: 3,009
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Thats good then as who else would I dicuss about CF with at work
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 17:36
|
#11
|
|
NUTS !!
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,316
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Forgot to add Livedo Reticularis, it's strange as it's mostly common in young females and they get it in their legs normally, yet I have it in my right arm and I'm 38 male. Now that has to be classed as strange.
__________________
Oh what fun it is
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 17:37
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,693
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Mumps - Not that odd but 5 times
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 17:38
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Midlands
Services: V+
TV:XL
Broadband:XL
Telco:XL
Posts: 796
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Sounds ominous? so what's that then?
**EDIT**
not mumps...i know what that is! lol
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 17:58
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Merseyside
Age: 37
Services: BT Infinity Option 2, HH5, synced at maximum 80Mbps/20Mbps.
Posts: 2,221
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
My current illness, which is either Chrons disease or Colitis, the biopsy result is due next week. Its very painful - bowel cramps, diarrhea and as a result a very distressing and disrupted lifestyle.
|
|
|
14-03-2009, 18:03
|
#15
|
|
NUTS !!
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,316
|
Re: What's the worst/strangest illness you've ever had?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssUnderground
My current illness, which is either Chrons disease or Colitis, the biopsy result is due next week. Its very painful - bowel cramps, diarrhea and as a result a very distressing and disrupted lifestyle.
|
I hope it's colitis out of the two (or IBS hopefully) as that's much more treatable / managable.
Hopefully you'll get some result though from the tests as they are all horrible. Drinking that clear out solution for the colonoscopy has got to be the most evil thing on earth.
__________________
Oh what fun it is
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:51.
|