Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Debit Card Question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Debit Card Question
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2009, 14:16   #16
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: belfast
Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
Posts: 2,105
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one
Thumbs up Re: Debit Card Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
You are limited for a reason, just in case someone does get hold of your card and pin. Only thanks to this alone, my account was only £180 down, instead of over 1k which they tried to withdraw after cloning my card (still it didn't stop them purchasing hundreds of pounds worth of mobile phones online - i did get the money back, but months later!)

Do yourself a favour and leave it as it is, if you need to withdraw more, go into the bank.
sound advice.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-03-2009, 14:17   #17
Kymmy
Inactive
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 18,385
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Debit Card Question

You will though need photo identity to draw out across the counter of another branch... (Passport, full DL..etc..)
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 15:21   #18
Nidge
Guest
 
Location: Sutton in Ashfield.
Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.
Posts: n/a
Re: Debit Card Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
Just noticed where you live Frankie, my card was cloned at the cashpoint in Rainhill at the Shell garage (not once, but twice!) so beware
Mmmmm funny you should say that, I got ripped off by a Shell Garage 2 years ago, I'd paid for diesel on my Credit Card and went on my merry way, 2 months later I get a nice phone call from Barclaycard asking me if I'm having a nice holiday? I'm not on holiday I replied, they said are you sure sir? Yep I'm at home watching Central Tonight. My card had been cloned by the Shell Garage 2 months before, it made all the local news stories. They tried to take me for £1500 in Indonesia but it got flagged in Northampton. Nice to know they were on the money when it came to flagging my account.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 15:24   #19
AndyCambs
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Peterborough
Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
Posts: 2,560
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age
Re: Debit Card Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge View Post
Mmmmm funny you should say that, I got ripped off by a Shell Garage 2 years ago, I'd paid for diesel on my Credit Card and went on my merry way, 2 months later I get a nice phone call from Barclaycard asking me if I'm having a nice holiday? I'm not on holiday I replied, they said are you sure sir? Yep I'm at home watching Central Tonight. My card had been cloned by the Shell Garage 2 months before, it made all the local news stories. They tried to take me for £1500 in Indonesia but it got flagged in Northampton. Nice to know they were on the money when it came to flagging my account.
I have an Egg card which I used for my season ticket. The high amount was enough to flag it to Egg as an apparent invalid transaction, and I received an automated call to verify the transaction.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 15:31   #20
v0id
[CENSORED]
 
v0id's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Wolverhampton
Age: 48
Posts: 4,218
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
Re: Debit Card Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
You don't know how to use a chequebook?

People still use cheque books? :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
You will though need photo identity to draw out across the counter of another branch... (Passport, full DL..etc..)
That depends whether the other branch has the chip and pin thingy-ma-bobs
__________________
Help save the world from loosers

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 15:32   #21
Nidge
Guest
 
Location: Sutton in Ashfield.
Services: Virgin, phone and 50meg Broadband.
Posts: n/a
Re: Debit Card Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
I have an Egg card which I used for my season ticket. The high amount was enough to flag it to Egg as an apparent invalid transaction, and I received an automated call to verify the transaction.
It wasn't for Peterborough United was it? I'd have flagged that as an invalid transaction. Only kidding mate
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 18:01   #22
Halcyon
Hello !
 
Halcyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Debit Card Question

Normally you can take a fixed amount say £250 out from the cash point and then go in to the bank and get out another £250.
__________________
.
-

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 18:36   #23
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Woking
Age: 56
Posts: 2,266
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Re: Debit Card Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidge View Post
Mmmmm funny you should say that, I got ripped off by a Shell Garage 2 years ago, I'd paid for diesel on my Credit Card and went on my merry way, 2 months later I get a nice phone call from Barclaycard asking me if I'm having a nice holiday? I'm not on holiday I replied, they said are you sure sir? Yep I'm at home watching Central Tonight. My card had been cloned by the Shell Garage 2 months before, it made all the local news stories. They tried to take me for £1500 in Indonesia but it got flagged in Northampton. Nice to know they were on the money when it came to flagging my account.
A year of two ago they discovered a ring of Sri Lankan immigrants had taken a lot of jobs in garages (Many of them were Shell ones) and were copying cards. There were a few garages in the Guildford area that had this problem. My friend and his girlfriend had their cards cloned in one of the garages in Guildford. I think at the time, Shell admitted they had a problem and had to re-think their chip and pin solution.
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 18:43   #24
fireman328
Inactive
 
fireman328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,356
fireman328 has reached the bronze age
fireman328 has reached the bronze agefireman328 has reached the bronze age
Re: Debit Card Question

You could ask for a counter cheque in the bank.
fireman328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:08.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum