Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Snippets & General Information

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Snippets & General Information

Old 15-05-2008, 10:30   #616
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas View Post
I can't be bothered to get involved with fantasy/SF TV shows anymore.So many get cancelled and when you have invested time in getting to know the characters and their stories, it's rather peeving to find yourself left hanging mid story wondering how it all turns out. It really pees me off.

The end result is I just don't watch them.What's the point in never knowing how a story ends?
I know how you feel - the attitude of the tv companies is very confusing - basically they want long running series, with big story arcs, but they also want to be a ratings hit straight away - so basically they want the last season of a popular series straight away - which is never going to happen - and whenever ratings drop they can it.

Quote:
I'd rather buy a book and know that there will be an ending of sorts and I won't be wasting my time.
You've obviously not read some of the books I've read then...
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-05-2008, 11:13   #617
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
I know how you feel - the attitude of the tv companies is very confusing - basically they want long running series, with big story arcs, but they also want to be a ratings hit straight away - so basically they want the last season of a popular series straight away - which is never going to happen - and whenever ratings drop they can it.

You've obviously not read some of the books I've read then...
You mean your stash of pron in the attic? We all know how that ends.
Old 15-05-2008, 11:16   #618
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

What, his stash of Black Lace books
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 11:42   #619
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson T View Post
What, his stash of Black Lace books
Wow, they wrote agadoo, and they wrote books too? - talented guys

---------- Post added at 10:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

Quote:
You mean your stash of pron in the attic? We all know how that ends.
Messily, with a splash...
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 16:16   #620
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
Messily, with a splash...
Shouldn't be drinking g&t when you are reading.

That is what you mean, isn't it?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 19:21   #621
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Fox announced their schedule today.

We already know the Sarah Connor Chronicles was returning for Season 2, now confirmed as well are Bones (Season 4), Prison Break (Season 4), The Simpsons (Season 20) and 24 (Day 7). There will also be a two hour 24 special on Nov 23 to bridge the gap between Day 6 and Day 7.

There is also a new series called Fringe

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2008, 14:11   #622
Alien
Inactive

Services: VM Phone, V+, VM 10Mb
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze
Alien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronzeAlien is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
The thing on Living that looks like an Angel rip-off?

[Hmm, Vampire private detective, who's good, & in love with a mortal woman...]
Actually its quite good.
Yeah, I agree. I'm not gutted that it's been cancelled, but I am disappointed. Sophia Myles is still cute, though I think she's gained a bit of weight since her appearance in Underworld.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Reaper has restarted again. There are 3 new episodes since the break, and there are some more coming April 22nd. And its still really good
I never really managed to get into that. Ended up with a bunch of eps on my V+ waiting to be watched & me finding other things to watch/do instead, so I ended up just deleting them & cancelling the series link.

Quote:
I can't be bothered to get involved with fantasy/SF TV shows anymore.So many get cancelled and when you have invested time in getting to know the characters and their stories, it's rather peeving to find yourself left hanging mid story wondering how it all turns out. It really pees me off.

The end result is I just don't watch them.What's the point in never knowing how a story ends?
Just a suggestion, but you should check out TV.com, especially for American shows, as you can often find info about whether a show gets canned early before it gets shown over here.

Anybody got any idea when season 3 of Supernatural is going to resume over here?
Alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2008, 23:30   #623
homealone

Quote:
Fox announced their schedule today.

We already know the Sarah Connor Chronicles was returning for Season 2, now confirmed as well are Bones (Season 4), Prison Break (Season 4), The Simpsons (Season 20) and 24 (Day 7). There will also be a two hour 24 special on Nov 23 to bridge the gap between Day 6 and Day 7.

There is also a new series called Fringe
I just watched the finale of the 3rd series of 'Bones' - which was totally weird - series 4 is going to be interesting trying to pick that back up ????
Old 22-05-2008, 01:16   #624
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Indeed, I never suspect Zack - in fact it seemed a bit out of character to me.

Old 22-05-2008, 02:17   #625
homealone

Quote:
just have to wait & see, I guess
Old 22-05-2008, 17:50   #626
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Spoiler: 
Gotta agree, i really do wonder how this is going to pan out in Series 4... Simply can't wait for it to be on air, although obviously i have to. This is one of the (admittedly few) shows i really do enjoy watching as well. Thank god Booth isn't dead though, the show wouldn't be the same without him.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 17:37   #627
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

For those who follow the US showing of programmes, two shows return in July ;

Eureka (Season 3) returns on July 29th.
Stargate Atlantis (Season 5) returns on July 11th.

On a seperate note, there are rumours that there may be one or more Battlestar Galactica "made for tv" movies filmed later this year - but they wont be set after S4 ends but sometime in the S1 - S4 timeline..

Old 25-05-2008, 20:26   #628
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
For those who follow the US showing of programmes, two shows return in July ;

Eureka (Season 3) returns on July 29th.
Stargate Atlantis (Season 5) returns on July 11th.

On a seperate note, there are rumours that there may be one or more Battlestar Galactica "made for tv" movies filmed later this year - but they wont be set after S4 ends but sometime in the S1 - S4 timeline..
Its not rumors, there is one already in production called 'Caprica' and will show the beginning of the Cylons. Cast has been confirmed for the story as well.

If the two hour movie does well then it may become a series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprica_%28TV_series%29
Old 25-05-2008, 20:33   #629
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The rumoured TV movies Paul M mentioned are in addition to the spin-off series "Caprica".
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 20:45   #630
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
The rumoured TV movies Paul M mentioned are in addition to the spin-off series "Caprica".
My Bad