If there's anyone out there with exprience of BT Broadband and the Home Hub, I could use some advice. I recently upgraded my package, having been quite happy with BT previously, to a new Home Hub and increased from a 2Meg to an 8Meg package.
Installation was fine, and a speed change has definately gone through, however, on checking config details on the modem, I get the following info that seems to suggest my line is configured to no greater than 4Meg, (please correct me if wrong);
I've also tried BTs recommended speed tester which gave the following result;
All other speed tests yield similar results. I've also found that the connection can be a lot more variable than before, which doesn't seem to be a speed issue, more that the whole thing can stall for a minute or two when browsing.
So...
1) Does it look like my connection has been configured wrongly by BT?
2) Is it worth struggling my way through a discussion with one of their Indian call centre staff? (ie are they likely to change anything?)
Any advice gratefully received.