front row movies recordable? or not :(
20-08-2004, 13:27
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5
|
Re: front row movies recordable? or not :(
[Admin Edit] (Neil) Potential spam removed.
|
|
|
20-08-2004, 14:14
|
#17
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Croydon
Age: 40
Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Posts: 1,310
|
Re: front row movies recordable? or not :(
I can say that most of the movies are free from Macrovision protection like I said before. Its only certain movie studios who put this within the movie
You were led to believe that because the PPV movie comapnies would ideally like you to pay to watch the movie again rather than record it. Thats why I think Sky introduced mulitplay so that you could catch the movie as often as you liked in one day, just to cushion the fact that you couldn't record them. Is was the case with all Sky Box Office movies to begin with that they were macrovision protected, but I don't know if this is the case now.
Just tape the movie and in most cases it will be OK.
|
|
|
28-08-2004, 15:41
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 380
|
Re: front row movies recordable? or not :(
does anyone have any idea if i can tape Bruce almighty?
|
|
|
04-09-2004, 00:07
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8
|
Re: front row movies recordable? or not :(
This will sound pervy but it has to be asked.Me and my mates ordered a certain channel of ahem the adult veriety.We tried to record it but when we played it back there was sound but just a black screen.Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem.
|
|
|
04-09-2004, 01:02
|
#20
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Cleveland Up A Tree
Age: 75
Services: XL Package With Souper Dooper Pooper Hub(sometimes)
Posts: 303
|
Re: front row movies recordable? or not :(
i have no problem recordng the movies sometimes you cant if the movie contains some code stuff that the company put in but in the main ive managed to record quite a few so far good luck
|
|
|
04-09-2004, 09:27
|
#21
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5
|
Re: front row movies recordable? or not :(
I've recorded all the movies using the cable from the web link I mentioned earlier, even ones where it says 'this show cannot be taped' when you order it.
|
|
|
04-09-2004, 10:16
|
#22
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: front row movies recordable? or not :(
If you try to record a protected movie, typically on playback the picture will flash between light and dark every second or so, and sometimes the edge of the picture breaks up. But as mentioned above, it depends on your VCR. Some are able to make perfectly watchable recordings with the protection on.
A totally black video is a different problem - maybe a loose SCART plug?
|
|
|
04-09-2004, 18:24
|
#23
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 6
|
Re: front row movies recordable? or not :(
I don't buy these movies very often.... but 3 - 4 years ago when I tried to record them I'd get the light/dark/wavy line interference.
Last couple of years I've recorded them using LongPlay and they've been fine - slight drop in quality due to using LP but that's to be expected.
Having thought I'd found a simple way to thwart the protection... here I read that often the movies have no protection.
I'd still recommend recording using LP to those who're experiencing problems. Whether by luck or coincidence it's worked 100% of the time for me, so far.
|
|
|
05-09-2004, 10:47
|
#24
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: front row movies recordable? or not :(
A few years ago all PPV movies were protected on the Bromley network. Now it's only a few.
So no need to use LP.
|
|
|
10-09-2004, 17:32
|
#25
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 26
|
Re: front row movies recordable? or not :(
I believe if you remove Pin 8 from your scart lead socket which is connected to your VHS/DVD recorder you will be able to record the PPV movies you want without problem.
|
|
|
10-09-2004, 18:30
|
#26
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: norton , teesside
Age: 58
Posts: 10,571
|
Re: front row movies recordable? or not :(
|
|
|
10-09-2004, 19:19
|
#27
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: front row movies recordable? or not :(
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
|
Yes is it legal. It is also nonsense.
|
|
|
10-09-2004, 19:30
|
#28
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: norton , teesside
Age: 58
Posts: 10,571
|
Re: front row movies recordable? or not :(
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by spiderplant
Yes is it legal. It is also nonsense. 
|
thats ok then
|
|
|
10-09-2004, 19:34
|
#29
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: front row movies recordable? or not :(
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
|
What a relief  'cos I just removed macrovision on my new dvd recorder... Not for this purpose of course  Entirely because I wanted to be able to use the 3 hour recording mode, honest guv
|
|
|
10-09-2004, 20:30
|
#30
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: norton , teesside
Age: 58
Posts: 10,571
|
Re: front row movies recordable? or not :(
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
What a relief  'cos I just removed macrovision on my new dvd recorder... Not for this purpose of course  Entirely because I wanted to be able to use the 3 hour recording mode, honest guv 
|
and why not
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 18:56.
|