07-07-2004, 09:12
|
#61
|
|
Guest
Location: Teesside
Services: Evilness
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by homealone
I think you will find actually going on a plane, quite exiting, the acceleration during take-off will come as a surprise, for a start. Once flying, it isn't much different to being on a coach, except for the view, which is great, except over the sea, which is a bit boring. Landing is not as scarey as you might imagine - the worst bit is the pressure change affecting your ears, usually the cabin staff hand out boiled sweets, which can help to 'pop' your ears & equalise the pressure.
Funny thing - I don't like heights, but looking down out of a plane doesn't seem the same as, say, off the edge of a cliff - you'll love it 
|
I fully agree there, Just got back from crete and the view from 36,000 feet is pretty cool when the sun rises below you and the alps peak out from a thick blanket of cloud.
My phobias, Spiders and Dams.
Dams dunnoi why, I just cant walk across them, but can go over them in a car.
Strange. But I also know a bloke who is petrified of toilet cisterns.
|
|
|
|
07-07-2004, 12:30
|
#62
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wirral / Ex CWC Area
Age: 43
Posts: 3,251
|
Re: Phobias
I actually get a painful headache when up at the top of a tall building, ive been told its a stress headache due to fear
I remember trying to go on a very high up water slide in Ibiza (anybody who has been to the waterpark by the airport will know wich one im talking about), I got halfway up and then had to walk back down like a total wuss, the staircase scared me more than the slide
|
|
|
08-07-2004, 04:58
|
#63
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Milling around Milton Keynes
Age: 49
Posts: 12,969
|
Re: Phobias
Plasters, can't stand them!
|
|
|
08-07-2004, 11:05
|
#64
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by ZrByte
I think if I clown carrying a snake randomly walked up to any of us and offered us oxtail soup we would :sprint:
|
Actually, on reflection, a clown carrying a snake and offering Oxtail soup does sound like a sequence from a horror film..
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:26.
|