Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Reviving interests and hobbies.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Reviving interests and hobbies.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2004, 19:20   #61
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,567
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
So um, yeah, I never did mention what my "hobbies" were (hobby is such a "Fist of Fun" word too )
Ah, I wondered when we'd get round to the infamous Simon Quinlank. Anybody brought a weak lemon drink with them?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2004, 20:26   #62
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
 
Maggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny
Ah, I wondered when we'd get round to the infamous Simon Quinlank. Anybody brought a weak lemon drink with them?
Let's not get too please.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 21:50   #63
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,567
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Let's not get too please.
Sorry miss ...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 22:03   #64
danielf
cf.mega poser
 
danielf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 16,687
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

I don't have any real hobbies, I'm afraid, though I like to play table tennis and squash, and I love to cook (asian/mediteranean). I haven't found any time/desire to try out exciting new dishes lately though. Oh, and I love to travel. I've seen a fair bit of Asia over the years.
__________________
Remember kids: We are blessed with a listening, caring government.
danielf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 23:26   #65
Buxom_woman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

My hobbies are card making, cross stitching, writing poems. I used to and still can play the keyboard, piano, organ, guitar, clarient, recorder and drum kit.
So me not very interesting really!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 23:29   #66
kronas
Inactive
 
kronas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: heckmondwike
Age: 40
Posts: 10,767
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buxom_woman
My hobbies are card making, cross stitching, writing poems. I used to and still can play the keyboard, piano, organ, guitar, clarient, recorder and drum kit.
So me not very interesting really!!!
im interested, playing the guitar is it hard ? i was always thinking about trying, but i never have really done anything concrete, im not a fast learner, writing eh ? i did a bit of that poems that is, its been a while though...
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:07   #67
zoombini
cf.mega poster
 
zoombini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: England
Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
Posts: 3,732
zoombini has reached the bronze age
zoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze agezoombini has reached the bronze age
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

I have taken up fishing after not going for many many years & although my fishing tackle is 20+ years old it still does the job (catches nothing, never did ).
The relaxation etc is a great help & encourages me to not stop up all night on the Xbox playing. I now get to go (with er indoors permission)every Sunday evening as it then gets me out of her way for us both to have some peace, only I dont have to bath the kids & send them to bed...

I'm now thinking of taking up collecting large sizes teddy costumes in the hope that I can trick Debs on day...
__________________
Not really visiting CF much these days....
If you need me, PM me.
zoombini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:41   #68
Halcyon
Hello !
 
Halcyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buxom_woman
I used to and still can play the keyboard, piano, organ, guitar, clarient, recorder and drum kit.
I'd love to play the drums and own a drum kit.
I love playing "air drums" wheneverI stick on a CD.
I think I could pick it up Ok as when I'm DJ'ing your used to counting beats and stuff so I'd love to have a go.
Maybe when I get a job after Uni, I'l have to save up and buy a kit.
__________________
.
-

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:17   #69
Bifta
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Eglinton, Co. Derry
Posts: 7,640
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
I'd love to play the drums and own a drum kit.
I love playing "air drums" wheneverI stick on a CD.
I think I could pick it up Ok as when I'm DJ'ing your used to counting beats and stuff so I'd love to have a go.
Maybe when I get a job after Uni, I'l have to save up and buy a kit.
Beatmatching is an absolute piece of p*ss compared to syncopating, pretty much anyone can match up two bits of vinyl but it takes skill to be able to move each limb independently of another
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 19:15   #70
Graham
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
it takes skill to be able to move each limb independently of another
Learn to juggle!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 19:36   #71
Halcyon
Hello !
 
Halcyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
Beatmatching is an absolute piece of p*ss compared to syncopating, pretty much anyone can match up two bits of vinyl but it takes skill to be able to move each limb independently of another

Ah well I still want to give it ago.
__________________
.
-

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 19:46   #72
Tricky
Inactive
 
Tricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: I am house...
Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Posts: 2,284
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Do you have any less physical hobbies or interests?
Now you're asking! - Only a bit of Digitial Photography and Camcorder then making DVD's - O and Babysitting!

Refrains from saying spending 14 hours a day on a PC (some work of course!)
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 19:55   #73
Bifta
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Eglinton, Co. Derry
Posts: 7,640
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
Ah well I still want to give it ago.
Good thing to try too, I did once, I was inexplicably crap at it mind, especially as the set I tried had something like 4 toms, 3 snares, double bass drum and enough cymbals to sink a car ferry. Drum machines are so much easier
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 19:19   #74
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
 
Maggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

That it for everyone? No one else have any hobbies or interests?
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:41.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum