Reviving interests and hobbies.
04-07-2004, 19:20
|
#61
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,567
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Bifta
So um, yeah, I never did mention what my "hobbies" were (hobby is such a "Fist of Fun" word too  )
|
Ah, I wondered when we'd get round to the infamous Simon Quinlank. Anybody brought a weak lemon drink with them?
|
|
|
04-07-2004, 20:26
|
#62
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by towny
Ah, I wondered when we'd get round to the infamous Simon Quinlank. Anybody brought a weak lemon drink with them? 
|
Let's not get too  please.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
04-07-2004, 21:50
|
#63
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,567
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Let's not get too  please. 
|
Sorry miss ...
|
|
|
04-07-2004, 22:03
|
#64
|
|
cf.mega poser
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 16,687
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
I don't have any real hobbies, I'm afraid, though I like to play table tennis and squash, and I love to cook (asian/mediteranean). I haven't found any time/desire to try out exciting new dishes lately though. Oh, and I love to travel. I've seen a fair bit of Asia over the years.
__________________
Remember kids: We are blessed with a listening, caring government.
|
|
|
04-07-2004, 23:26
|
#65
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
My hobbies are card making, cross stitching, writing poems. I used to and still can play the keyboard, piano, organ, guitar, clarient, recorder and drum kit.
So me not very interesting really!!!
|
|
|
|
04-07-2004, 23:29
|
#66
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: heckmondwike
Age: 40
Posts: 10,767
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Buxom_woman
My hobbies are card making, cross stitching, writing poems. I used to and still can play the keyboard, piano, organ, guitar, clarient, recorder and drum kit.
So me not very interesting really!!!
|
im interested, playing the guitar is it hard ? i was always thinking about trying, but i never have really done anything concrete, im not a fast learner, writing eh ? i did a bit of that poems that is, its been a while though...
|
|
|
05-07-2004, 08:07
|
#67
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: England
Services: I no longer receive cable services, I blame the inept accounts dept for that.
Posts: 3,732
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
I have taken up fishing after not going for many many years & although my fishing tackle is 20+ years old it still does the job (catches nothing, never did  ).
The relaxation etc is a great help & encourages me to not stop up all night on the Xbox playing. I now get to go (with er indoors permission)every Sunday evening as it then gets me out of her way for us both to have some peace, only I dont have to bath the kids & send them to bed...
I'm now thinking of taking up collecting large sizes teddy costumes in the hope that I can trick Debs on day...
__________________
Not really visiting CF much these days....
If you need me, PM me.
|
|
|
05-07-2004, 10:41
|
#68
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Buxom_woman
I used to and still can play the keyboard, piano, organ, guitar, clarient, recorder and drum kit.
|
I'd love to play the drums and own a drum kit.
I love playing "air drums" wheneverI stick on a CD.
I think I could pick it up Ok as when I'm DJ'ing your used to counting beats and stuff so I'd love to have a go.
Maybe when I get a job after Uni, I'l have to save up and buy a kit.
|
|
|
05-07-2004, 11:17
|
#69
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Eglinton, Co. Derry
Posts: 7,640
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Halcyon
I'd love to play the drums and own a drum kit.
I love playing "air drums" wheneverI stick on a CD.
I think I could pick it up Ok as when I'm DJ'ing your used to counting beats and stuff so I'd love to have a go.
Maybe when I get a job after Uni, I'l have to save up and buy a kit.
|
Beatmatching is an absolute piece of p*ss compared to syncopating, pretty much anyone can match up two bits of vinyl but it takes skill to be able to move each limb independently of another
|
|
|
05-07-2004, 19:15
|
#70
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Bifta
it takes skill to be able to move each limb independently of another 
|
Learn to juggle!
|
|
|
|
05-07-2004, 19:36
|
#71
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Bifta
Beatmatching is an absolute piece of p*ss compared to syncopating, pretty much anyone can match up two bits of vinyl but it takes skill to be able to move each limb independently of another 
|
Ah well I still want to give it ago.
|
|
|
05-07-2004, 19:46
|
#72
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: I am house...
Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Posts: 2,284
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Do you have any less physical hobbies or interests? 
|
Now you're asking! - Only a bit of Digitial Photography and Camcorder then making DVD's - O and Babysitting!
Refrains from saying spending 14 hours a day on a PC (some work of course!)
|
|
|
05-07-2004, 19:55
|
#73
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Eglinton, Co. Derry
Posts: 7,640
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Halcyon
Ah well I still want to give it ago.
|
Good thing to try too, I did once, I was inexplicably crap at it mind, especially as the set I tried had something like 4 toms, 3 snares, double bass drum and enough cymbals to sink a car ferry. Drum machines are so much easier
|
|
|
07-07-2004, 19:19
|
#74
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
That it for everyone? No one else have any hobbies or interests?
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:13.
|