Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Reviving interests and hobbies.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Reviving interests and hobbies.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2004, 22:11   #46
Bex
Inactive
 
Bex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: surrey
Posts: 4,412
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Bex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appealBex has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to Bex
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by col d
In my pre smoking days (going on 7 months now, woo hoo) i was a really good runner. I am thinking about taking up that again, maybe train for a half marathon or something
you gave up 7months ago? flipping hell time has flown
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2004, 22:12   #47
Colin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon
- Music production

- Mixing progressive Trance
ws going to ask before, and this thread is the perfect oppotunity as i wouldn't mind hearing anything you've mixed Halcyon, is there anyway to do that?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 22:19   #48
Halcyon
Hello !
 
Halcyon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Don't suppose there is any way we can 'hear' your music?
There will be as soon as I get my website sorted and I will upload clips and stuff on there. Most album material still needs mastering and work done to it so I hope to get a mini album sorted out end of summer.

Thats hoping I dont get side tracked as at the moment I've been going out celebrating the end of my uni year more than producing.

Other hobbies I have include:

(Dont laugh) I used to collect sugar packets. I still pick up the odd unusual ones from around the world. They have so many different pictures and stuff on them.

- Computers and technology and all that.
__________________
.
-

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 22:26   #49
Colin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bex
you gave up 7months ago? flipping hell time has flown
yup, beginning of Jan
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 00:46   #50
Richard M
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 47
Posts: 6,343
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Richard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze arrayRichard M has a bronze array
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

My main two hobbies are creating music (http://www.richardm.co.uk/music/) and PC gaming.
Not much I know, but it's something.
Richard M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 14:12   #51
luftys
Inactive
 
luftys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: outer space
Posts: 1,038
luftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant futureluftys has a brilliant future
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

I make model soldiers from lead pipe,using moulds,but the girls hate the smell

do a lot of painting,oils,water ect

and make models just made one of a church 18incx18inc for a church up north
luftys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 14:46   #52
Earl of Bronze
Guest
 
Location: Belfast
Posts: n/a
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Well at the moment I wargame (sad I know) usually once a week, and roleplay (really sad, I know) once a week. Thats about all I can hack at the moment.

I used to skydive quite a bit, and have 312 jumps in my logbooks. I had hoped to start BASE Jumping this year, but with the accident I dont know if I'll be able to skydive never mind BASE. I also used to build and paint models and diorama's, and I'm a huge reader. I have about a thourand books in my personal library. Though most of them are boxed up and in storage. I used to play rugby, but my right shoulder is too shagged out for that any more, so I might see about another couching course, and put something back.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 15:36   #53
tick
Inactive
 
tick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: cambridge
Age: 72
Services: ntl phone & tv broadband sky box
Posts: 502
tick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud oftick has much to be proud of
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Mt mates and me getting ready to get lost
( I walk up hills and then down)
tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 16:24   #54
aliferste
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Glasgow
Age: 52
Posts: 1,831
aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Do you make your own flies?
I certainly do
aliferste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 17:45   #55
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
 
Maggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luftys
I make model soldiers from lead pipe,using moulds,but the girls hate the smell

do a lot of painting,oils,water ect

and make models just made one of a church 18incx18inc for a church up north
Oooo that is nice luftys.Did you ever make a dolls house for bexy?
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 17:48   #56
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
 
Maggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliferste
I certainly do
Got any to show us?


Incog.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 17:53   #57
aliferste
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Glasgow
Age: 52
Posts: 1,831
aliferste has reached the bronze age
aliferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze agealiferste has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to aliferste
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Got any to show us?


Incog.
hmmmm, Ive been meaning to take some pictures for my fishing dairy anyway...

http://theriverkelvin.co.uk/blog/

Will take some and post em, they are nothing special though...just little trout flies
aliferste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 19:35   #58
Tricky
Inactive
 
Tricky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: I am house...
Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Posts: 2,284
Tricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful oneTricky is the helpful one
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Used to play golf approx. 6 times a year and then stopped about 6 years ago due to losing all my balls on one hole (see attachment) started again last April and now I am a member at the course that made me give up the game... Still hate that hole though...

Image (C) Willow Valley Golf and Country Club
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 14:22   #59
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
 
Maggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky
Used to play golf approx. 6 times a year and then stopped about 6 years ago due to losing all my balls on one hole (see attachment) started again last April and now I am a member at the course that made me give up the game... Still hate that hole though...

Image (C) Willow Valley Golf and Country Club
Do you have any less physical hobbies or interests?
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 15:07   #60
Bifta
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Eglinton, Co. Derry
Posts: 7,640
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

So um, yeah, I never did mention what my "hobbies" were (hobby is such a "Fist of Fun" word too )

I mix/scratch all sorts of music, vinyl only atm, thought I'm probably selling both turntables to buy a pair of decent CD decks.

I design web sites, though that's not really an interest any more as I do it for living.

I'm planning to take up Sea and game fishing soon, use to do a lot of course match fishing but there aren't many course angling spots round here.

.. and I do a spot of digital photography, owing to the amazing scenery around where I live
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 22:33.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum