Reviving interests and hobbies.
02-07-2004, 22:11
|
#46
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: surrey
Posts: 4,412
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by col d
In my pre smoking days (going on 7 months now, woo hoo) i was a really good runner. I am thinking about taking up that again, maybe train for a half marathon or something
|
you gave up 7months ago? flipping hell time has flown
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 22:12
|
#47
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Halcyon
- Music production
- Mixing progressive Trance
|
ws going to ask before, and this thread is the perfect oppotunity as i wouldn't mind hearing anything you've mixed Halcyon, is there anyway to do that?
|
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 22:19
|
#48
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Don't suppose there is any way we can 'hear' your music? 
|
There will be as soon as I get my website sorted and I will upload clips and stuff on there. Most album material still needs mastering and work done to it so I hope to get a mini album sorted out end of summer.
Thats hoping I dont get side tracked as at the moment I've been going out celebrating the end of my uni year more than producing.
Other hobbies I have include:
(Dont laugh) I used to collect sugar packets. I still pick up the odd unusual ones from around the world. They have so many different pictures and stuff on them.
- Computers and technology and all that.
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 22:26
|
#49
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Bex
you gave up 7months ago? flipping hell time has flown 
|
yup, beginning of Jan
|
|
|
|
03-07-2004, 00:46
|
#50
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 47
Posts: 6,343
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
My main two hobbies are creating music ( http://www.richardm.co.uk/music/) and PC gaming.
Not much I know, but it's something.
|
|
|
03-07-2004, 14:12
|
#51
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: outer space
Posts: 1,038
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
I make model soldiers from lead pipe,using moulds,but the girls hate the smell
do a lot of painting,oils,water ect
and make models just made one of a church 18incx18inc for a church up north
|
|
|
03-07-2004, 14:46
|
#52
|
|
Guest
Location: Belfast
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Well at the moment I wargame (sad I know) usually once a week, and roleplay (really sad, I know) once a week. Thats about all I can hack at the moment.
I used to skydive quite a bit, and have 312 jumps in my logbooks. I had hoped to start BASE Jumping this year, but with the accident I dont know if I'll be able to skydive never mind BASE.  I also used to build and paint models and diorama's, and I'm a huge reader. I have about a thourand books in my personal library.  Though most of them are boxed up and in storage. I used to play rugby, but my right shoulder is too shagged out for that any more, so I might see about another couching course, and put something back.
|
|
|
|
03-07-2004, 15:36
|
#53
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: cambridge
Age: 72
Services: ntl phone & tv
broadband
sky box
Posts: 502
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Mt mates and me getting ready to get lost
( I walk up hills and then down)
|
|
|
03-07-2004, 16:24
|
#54
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Glasgow
Age: 52
Posts: 1,831
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Do you make your own flies?
|
I certainly do
|
|
|
03-07-2004, 17:45
|
#55
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by luftys
I make model soldiers from lead pipe,using moulds,but the girls hate the smell
do a lot of painting,oils,water ect
and make models just made one of a church 18incx18inc for a church up north
|
Oooo that is nice luftys.Did you ever make a dolls house for bexy?
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
03-07-2004, 17:48
|
#56
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by aliferste
I certainly do 
|
Got any to show us?
Incog.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
03-07-2004, 17:53
|
#57
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Glasgow
Age: 52
Posts: 1,831
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Got any to show us?
Incog.
|
hmmmm, Ive been meaning to take some pictures for my fishing dairy anyway...
http://theriverkelvin.co.uk/blog/
Will take some and post em, they are nothing special though...just little trout flies
|
|
|
03-07-2004, 19:35
|
#58
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: I am house...
Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Posts: 2,284
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Used to play golf approx. 6 times a year and then stopped about 6 years ago due to losing all my balls on one hole (see attachment) started again last April and now I am a member at the course that made me give up the game... Still hate that hole though...
Image (C) Willow Valley Golf and Country Club
|
|
|
04-07-2004, 14:22
|
#59
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tricky
Used to play golf approx. 6 times a year and then stopped about 6 years ago due to losing all my balls on one hole (see attachment) started again last April and now I am a member at the course that made me give up the game... Still hate that hole though...
Image (C) Willow Valley Golf and Country Club
|
Do you have any less physical hobbies or interests?
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
04-07-2004, 15:07
|
#60
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Eglinton, Co. Derry
Posts: 7,640
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
So um, yeah, I never did mention what my "hobbies" were (hobby is such a "Fist of Fun" word too  )
I mix/scratch all sorts of music, vinyl only atm, thought I'm probably selling both turntables to buy a pair of decent CD decks.
I design web sites, though that's not really an interest any more as I do it for living.
I'm planning to take up Sea and game fishing soon, use to do a lot of course match fishing but there aren't many course angling spots round here.
.. and I do a spot of digital photography, owing to the amazing scenery around where I live
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:38.
|