Reviving interests and hobbies.
02-07-2004, 15:51
|
#16
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by towny
I used to love writing, and started a novel a couple of times, but got nowhere ... teenager, lack of focus you see.  I'd like to get down to it seriously and get something published though. I had a crack when I was on a train from Edinburgh to Glasgow recently, and concocted a short story based on my observations during the journey, which was an interesting exercise. I think I'll look for an opportunity to do it again.
I also like hill walking, which I have not had much opportunity to do living in Hertfordshire! Thankfully I am shortly off back to Scotland and all being well will have Ben Lomond in my back garden before the end of the year. Should help me get fit too.
|
Got any piccy's from the hill walking?
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 15:54
|
#17
|
|
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,567
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Got any piccy's from the hill walking?
|
I have a fantastic one from the top of Goat Fell, Isle of Arran, two years ago, but it's pre-digital. We've packed a lot of stuff away with getting ready to move, but if I can find it, I'll scan and post it. I'm quite pleased with it as I had to line it up, guessing where I was going to be, and then balance it on the trig point. (I was on my own that day).
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 15:58
|
#18
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by towny
I have a fantastic one from the top of Goat Fell, Isle of Arran, two years ago, but it's pre-digital. We've packed a lot of stuff away with getting ready to move, but if I can find it, I'll scan and post it. I'm quite pleased with it as I had to line it up, guessing where I was going to be, and then balance it on the trig point. (I was on my own that day).
|
Look forward to seeing it.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 16:23
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 58
Posts: 5,566
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
I'm going back to the gym next week and there will definately NOT be any pics of that
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 16:30
|
#20
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Debsy42
I'm going back to the gym next week and there will definately NOT be any pics of that 
|
I think that comes under the heading of activity not interest or hobby.
So got any interests or hobbies? Are you into DIY?Weaving?Photography?
Incog.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 16:42
|
#21
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Services: Cablevision
Posts: 8,305
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Debsy42
I'm going back to the gym next week and there will definately NOT be any pics of that 
|
You should take one for yourself, so you can have a before and after.
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 16:49
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 58
Posts: 5,566
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Incognitas
I think that comes under the heading of activity not interest or hobby.
Incog. 
|
I think it will be "interesting" once I get on the treadmill ie how long before I need mouth-to-mouth.
I would like to go to nightschool to learn another language but work till 8pm so I've no chance, perhaps a change in career is needed or marry a millionaire
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 16:57
|
#23
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
MMMmmm Hobbies - I like modelling (specifically star trek space-ships)
And um - computer stuff of course.
Other than that I'm just a boring type of person.
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 17:07
|
#24
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
MMMmmm Hobbies - I like modelling (specifically star trek space-ships)
And um - computer stuff of course.
Other than that I'm just a boring type of person.
|
Got any pictures of the models?
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 17:11
|
#25
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Got any pictures of the models? 
|
I'll take one and post it when the little'un has gone to bed
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 17:11
|
#26
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: heckmondwike
Age: 40
Posts: 10,767
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
i want to revive my interest around here, spread the news/knowledge/opinion around here
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 17:14
|
#27
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by kronas
i want to revive my interest around here, spread the news/knowledge/opinion around here 
|
You really have no hobbies or interests apart from the PC?
You don't write,paint,take photos or play an instrument?
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 17:15
|
#28
|
|
R.I.P.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Incognitas
play an instrument?
|
Hey - that's a thought - I used to play the flute - does that count
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 17:16
|
#29
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: heckmondwike
Age: 40
Posts: 10,767
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Incognitas
You really have no hobbies or interests apart from the PC?
You don't write,paint,take photos or play an instrument?
|
i like to partake in football matches (if anyone is around,rarely) or a general kickabout (usally on my own) bought a euro 2004 ball
also i like music as well (not just av) i also like to write poetic/my feelings about something.....
|
|
|
02-07-2004, 17:20
|
#30
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by kronas
i like to partake in football matches (if anyone is around,rarely) or a general kickabout (usally on my own) bought a euro 2004 ball
also i like music as well (not just av) i also like to write poetic/my feelings about something.....
|
Well poetry is a really personal issue so I would understand if you didn't want to share but I'd still like to read some of your work.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:40.
|