Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Reviving interests and hobbies.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Reviving interests and hobbies.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2004, 15:51   #16
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
 
Maggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny
I used to love writing, and started a novel a couple of times, but got nowhere ... teenager, lack of focus you see. I'd like to get down to it seriously and get something published though. I had a crack when I was on a train from Edinburgh to Glasgow recently, and concocted a short story based on my observations during the journey, which was an interesting exercise. I think I'll look for an opportunity to do it again.

I also like hill walking, which I have not had much opportunity to do living in Hertfordshire! Thankfully I am shortly off back to Scotland and all being well will have Ben Lomond in my back garden before the end of the year. Should help me get fit too.
Got any piccy's from the hill walking?
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2004, 15:54   #17
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North of Watford
Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Posts: 38,567
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Got any piccy's from the hill walking?
I have a fantastic one from the top of Goat Fell, Isle of Arran, two years ago, but it's pre-digital. We've packed a lot of stuff away with getting ready to move, but if I can find it, I'll scan and post it. I'm quite pleased with it as I had to line it up, guessing where I was going to be, and then balance it on the trig point. (I was on my own that day).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 15:58   #18
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
 
Maggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by towny
I have a fantastic one from the top of Goat Fell, Isle of Arran, two years ago, but it's pre-digital. We've packed a lot of stuff away with getting ready to move, but if I can find it, I'll scan and post it. I'm quite pleased with it as I had to line it up, guessing where I was going to be, and then balance it on the trig point. (I was on my own that day).
Look forward to seeing it.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 16:23   #19
Marge
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 58
Posts: 5,566
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

I'm going back to the gym next week and there will definately NOT be any pics of that
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 16:30   #20
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
 
Maggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsy42
I'm going back to the gym next week and there will definately NOT be any pics of that
I think that comes under the heading of activity not interest or hobby.

So got any interests or hobbies? Are you into DIY?Weaving?Photography?

Incog.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 16:42   #21
SMHarman
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Services: Cablevision
Posts: 8,305
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsy42
I'm going back to the gym next week and there will definately NOT be any pics of that
You should take one for yourself, so you can have a before and after.
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 16:49   #22
Marge
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 58
Posts: 5,566
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
I think that comes under the heading of activity not interest or hobby.

Incog.
I think it will be "interesting" once I get on the treadmill ie how long before I need mouth-to-mouth.

I would like to go to nightschool to learn another language but work till 8pm so I've no chance, perhaps a change in career is needed or marry a millionaire
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 16:57   #23
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.
 
dilli-theclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

MMMmmm Hobbies - I like modelling (specifically star trek space-ships)

And um - computer stuff of course.

Other than that I'm just a boring type of person.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 17:07   #24
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
 
Maggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
MMMmmm Hobbies - I like modelling (specifically star trek space-ships)

And um - computer stuff of course.

Other than that I'm just a boring type of person.
Got any pictures of the models?
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 17:11   #25
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.
 
dilli-theclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Got any pictures of the models?
I'll take one and post it when the little'un has gone to bed
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 17:11   #26
kronas
Inactive
 
kronas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: heckmondwike
Age: 40
Posts: 10,767
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

i want to revive my interest around here, spread the news/knowledge/opinion around here
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 17:14   #27
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
 
Maggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
i want to revive my interest around here, spread the news/knowledge/opinion around here
You really have no hobbies or interests apart from the PC?

You don't write,paint,take photos or play an instrument?
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 17:15   #28
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.
 
dilli-theclaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Near Sandy Heath transmitter
Services: BT
Posts: 19,325
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
play an instrument?
Hey - that's a thought - I used to play the flute - does that count
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 17:16   #29
kronas
Inactive
 
kronas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: heckmondwike
Age: 40
Posts: 10,767
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
kronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronzekronas is cast in bronze
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas
You really have no hobbies or interests apart from the PC?

You don't write,paint,take photos or play an instrument?

i like to partake in football matches (if anyone is around,rarely) or a general kickabout (usally on my own) bought a euro 2004 ball

also i like music as well (not just av) i also like to write poetic/my feelings about something.....
kronas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 17:20   #30
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
 
Maggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Reviving interests and hobbies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronas
i like to partake in football matches (if anyone is around,rarely) or a general kickabout (usally on my own) bought a euro 2004 ball

also i like music as well (not just av) i also like to write poetic/my feelings about something.....
Well poetry is a really personal issue so I would understand if you didn't want to share but I'd still like to read some of your work.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:08.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum