29-06-2004, 08:19
|
#16
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fleet, Hampshire
Age: 54
Services: VIP50, TiVo
Posts: 2,869
|
Re: Phobias
Heights and wasps
|
|
|
29-06-2004, 08:53
|
#17
|
|
Remoaner
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 33,012
|
Re: Phobias
I love heights, I love getting really really high and then leaning over and feel the adrenaline .
My fears ares snakes and also diseases like motor neuron deseases, HIV, and a painful from of cancer basically anything where when the doctor says you willl die from it and especially the first one where it is painful and will mean that the last few weeks people have to wash you and such taking all all dignity
|
|
|
29-06-2004, 09:02
|
#18
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Surrey
Age: 59
Services: Virgin stuff
Posts: 6,407
|
Re: Phobias
Dentophobia - Fear of dentists
Spheksophobia - Fear of wasps.
Coulrophobia - Fear of clowns.
Thalassophobia - Fear of the sea.
Gamophobia - Fear of marriage.
Mottephobia - Fear of moths.
Ophidiophobia - Fear of snakes. (Snakephobia)
Meningitophobia - Fear of brain disease.
Panthophobia - Fear of suffering and disease.
Pathophobia - Fear of disease.
|
|
|
29-06-2004, 09:17
|
#19
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Punmeister Towers
Age: 51
Services: Will provide gags for cash
Posts: 9,211
|
Re: Phobias
Come on then, admit it - who's got triskaidekaphobia or phobophobia?
|
|
|
29-06-2004, 09:46
|
#20
|
|
Hello !
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somewhere
Services: AppleTV, Netflix
Posts: 16,803
|
Re: Phobias
- Spiders.
- All snakes and other poisonous things.
|
|
|
29-06-2004, 10:16
|
#21
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Phobias
Heights and being ignored.
Waits for the inevitable joke.........
Incog.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
29-06-2004, 10:17
|
#22
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: surrey
Posts: 4,412
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Incognitas
<snippity snip>being ignored.
|
you have a phobia of being ignored? in what way hun?
|
|
|
29-06-2004, 10:18
|
#23
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Punmeister Towers
Age: 51
Services: Will provide gags for cash
Posts: 9,211
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Incognitas
Heights and being ignored.
Waits for the inevitable joke.........
Incog.
|
Sorry? Oh, I wasn't listening
|
|
|
29-06-2004, 10:25
|
#24
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: north west
Posts: 817
|
Re: Phobias
Cotton wool; I don`t know why, it`s something I`ve been afraid of since childhood. The thought of it right now sends shivers through me.
|
|
|
29-06-2004, 10:25
|
#25
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Age: 58
Posts: 5,566
|
Re: Phobias
In no particular order:
Snakes, Clowns, Heights, Oxtail Soup.
Not bothered by spiders at all, in fact have picked them up if they look friendly
|
|
|
29-06-2004, 10:31
|
#26
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Bex
you have a phobia of being ignored? in what way hun?
|
It happens all the time.You speak to people on a regular basis once twice a week and get to know them and their life history.They in return cannot ever remember the smallest detail about you and you have to repeat everything that you have told them time and time again.It is that gives me a sort of phobia about joining any organisation.Started when I took my kids to mother and toddler groups and when I joined the National Childbirth Trust.Found it just goes on and on.
Some might say it's clique issue but I think it is just rudeness.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
29-06-2004, 12:51
|
#27
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 4,988
|
Re: Phobias
I have a few but my latest one is the phobia about petrol pumps!
others are spiders, the sound of bees/wasps, crowds.
|
|
|
29-06-2004, 13:45
|
#28
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 73
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,377
|
Re: Phobias
I haven't quite got a phobia about LIFE but I'm getting there.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
29-06-2004, 14:09
|
#29
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North West
Posts: 300
|
Re: Phobias
Caves & similar dank/ dark holes in the ground (even Wookey Hole which is huge and illuminated gives me the shudders - but I have been) and clowns 'cos I think they are sinister
|
|
|
29-06-2004, 18:09
|
#30
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,223
|
Re: Phobias
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by homealone
I think you will find actually going on a plane, quite exiting, the acceleration during take-off will come as a surprise, for a start. Once flying, it isn't much different to being on a coach, except for the view, which is great, except over the sea, which is a bit boring. Landing is not as scarey as you might imagine - the worst bit is the pressure change affecting your ears, usually the cabin staff hand out boiled sweets, which can help to 'pop' your ears & equalise the pressure.
Funny thing - I don't like heights, but looking down out of a plane doesn't seem the same as, say, off the edge of a cliff - you'll love it 
|
I have flown - twice - and managed not to get hysterical although it was a near thing. It's not the flying that bothers me particularly (ok well it does then!) but actually SEEING a plane flying past and having to get close to one - I'm sitting here now on the verge of panic just thinking about it! 
When I went to Cyprus a few years back we had to walk across the tarmac to the plane - I had to be carried inside!
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:55.
|