22-06-2004, 21:14
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Belfast
Age: 46
Posts: 4,594
|
what a night!!!!!!!!
Left work at 5:30, only to find my 2 month old car wouldn't start (Renault Megane). It kept saying "Steering Locked" on the dash" Waited an hour for the AA man to arrive he spent a hour working on the car but couldn't find the fault, so we towed it to the Renault garage.
The AA man organised me a hire car and drove me to the airport to pick it up. When up to the europcar desk to pick up the car only to find that they wouldn't give me a car cause I didn't have the paperpart of my license.
So I had to go and get a taxi home, arriving home at 9 or so, and have to get a taxi back to the airport in the morning before work to get the hire car!
|
|
|
22-06-2004, 21:18
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: I am house...
Services: $KY+HD - BT Infinity
Posts: 2,284
|
Re: what a night!!!!!!!!
How many people carry the paper part of their licence around! not many I would guess...
|
|
|
22-06-2004, 21:20
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Wirral / Ex CWC Area
Age: 43
Posts: 3,251
|
Re: what a night!!!!!!!!
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tricky
How many people carry the paper part of their licence around! not many I would guess...
|
your actually not meant to carry it around with you, at least thats what I have been told
|
|
|
22-06-2004, 21:22
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Stoke-On-Heaven
Age: 40
Services: Freeview, 512k Pipex.
Posts: 1,758
|
Re: what a night!!!!!!!!
I haven't even sent off for my licence yet, copper told me I should of done when I got pulled over the other week.. But it says you've got 2 years to send off for it
|
|
|
22-06-2004, 21:22
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Milling around Milton Keynes
Age: 49
Posts: 12,969
|
Re: what a night!!!!!!!!
A colleague has lost his paper part, so called the DVLA as he was due to pick up a hire car 2 days later.
I think they gave him a number to get the hire company to call to confirm that the licence was held and in order.
Course at 5:30 the DVLA have probably gone home.
Of course, I think you do have a legal requirment to carry both parts with you while you are driving.
|
|
|
22-06-2004, 21:22
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Belfast
Age: 46
Posts: 4,594
|
Re: what a night!!!!!!!!
Exactly.
Good thing it happened near to home where i can actually go and get it!
|
|
|
22-06-2004, 21:26
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Belfast
Age: 46
Posts: 4,594
|
Re: what a night!!!!!!!!
Although what I'm most annoyed about is my car is only 2 months old and has to be towed to the garage. It was already at the garage twice before for minor faults.
|
|
|
22-06-2004, 21:27
|
#8
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Half in the corporeal, half in the etheral
Posts: 37,182
|
Re: what a night!!!!!!!!
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Xaccers
Course at 5:30 the DVLA have probably gone home.
|
5pm actually
__________________
Heavy Is The Crown
|
|
|
22-06-2004, 21:27
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,223
|
Re: what a night!!!!!!!!
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gazzae
Although what I'm mosted annoyed about is my car is only 2 months old and has to be towed to the garage. It was already at the garage twice before for minor faults.
|
I'd contact the main dealer and reject the car I think - IIRC you can do that under some new consumer laws that came out a while ago?
|
|
|
22-06-2004, 21:28
|
#10
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,232
|
Re: what a night!!!!!!!!
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gazzae
Although what I'm mosted annoyed about is my car is only 2 months old and has to be towed to the garage. It was already at the garage twice before for minor faults.
|
two words come to mind Money Back
edit: doh!! The lady beat me to it.
|
|
|
22-06-2004, 21:28
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Milling around Milton Keynes
Age: 49
Posts: 12,969
|
Re: what a night!!!!!!!!
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Russ D
5pm actually 
|
*mumble* civil servant scroungers *mumble*
|
|
|
22-06-2004, 21:33
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Belfast
Age: 46
Posts: 4,594
|
Re: what a night!!!!!!!!
Have to find out whats actually wrong with it though, the AA man didn't have a clue, the guy at renault didn't know.
I'll be making it very clear tomorrow when I speak to them that i'm not happy.
|
|
|
22-06-2004, 21:43
|
#13
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Milling around Milton Keynes
Age: 49
Posts: 12,969
|
Re: what a night!!!!!!!!
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gazzae
Have to find out whats actually wrong with it though, the AA man didn't have a clue, the guy at renault didn't know.
I'll be making it very clear tomorrow when I speak to them that i'm not happy.
|
Well, it's got an electronic steering lock, being a funky keyless car (I love not having to get the card out my pocket) so I'd guess that if the lock isn't disengaging, the mechanism is buggered, or if you're able to turn the wheel then the sensor is buggered.
Im my experience, Renault themselves are very reasonable when it comes to warrenty issues, much more reasonable than some of the garages themselves.
When my turbo blew on my Laguna, the snotty girl in Dixons didn't even want to contact Renault and see if they would fix it as I was late for my service, the AA man had to basically shout at her to get her to call them.
Considering it would have been about £3000 just for parts for me to have to pay, and I was only a couple of hundred miles away from the 60,000 warrenty limit, and I'd been late on my services by a couple of thousand miles each time, Renault paid for all the work. I had to pay for the hire car use, but that was at the AA rate of only £14 per day
|
|
|
22-06-2004, 21:55
|
#14
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Belfast
Age: 46
Posts: 4,594
|
Re: what a night!!!!!!!!
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Xaccers
Well, it's got an electronic steering lock, being a funky keyless car (I love not having to get the card out my pocket) so I'd guess that if the lock isn't disengaging, the mechanism is buggered, or if you're able to turn the wheel then the sensor is buggered.
Im my experience, Renault themselves are very reasonable when it comes to warrenty issues, much more reasonable than some of the garages themselves.
When my turbo blew on my Laguna, the snotty girl in Dixons didn't even want to contact Renault and see if they would fix it as I was late for my service, the AA man had to basically shout at her to get her to call them.
Considering it would have been about £3000 just for parts for me to have to pay, and I was only a couple of hundred miles away from the 60,000 warrenty limit, and I'd been late on my services by a couple of thousand miles each time, Renault paid for all the work. I had to pay for the hire car use, but that was at the AA rate of only £14 per day
|
Yeah well the lock isn't engaged and the wheel can turn so it must be something to do with the sensor.
Hopefully they can fix it tomorrow
|
|
|
22-06-2004, 21:58
|
#15
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tonbridge
Age: 58
Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Posts: 21,960
|
Re: what a night!!!!!!!!
Should have bought a Japanese car
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:22.
|